Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3839404142 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1049
Like Tree192Likes

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

I understand that all the live wallpapers were removed from this ROM to save space, but is it doable for a user to restore just one of them? What is the procedure, if so? The one I'm interested in is the one with the bubbles; it's there in the Quattrimus CM9.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    Well, that's a very thorough wipe. You could try the original chronmod a2sd++ script. You'd have to remove Bob's script from thr rom.zip's init.d and copy in the 40a2sd++ script from the same folder in chronmod's .zip. Several people did this with the previous build and it worked well. I think clodfelterac (sp?) posted this link in this thread a ways back. Bob incorporated it, but made a few changes. You could try to flash it like that, and if that doesn't work flash it with no a2sd script at all and try link2sd.

[Script][Share]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT - xda-developers
    I've also considered going back to data2ext, which I used before installing link2sd earlier in the year. It worked great for me except that I had to re-install my apps after every update, which became tiresome because of the frequency of rom updates at the time. Though now that I think about it data2ext was why I wasn't using BobZhome roms at the time (kernel may not have supported it) - couldn't get data2ext working. At one point I think I had 250 apps installed (didn't need them all, just wanted to see how many I could install). [edit: opened an old cmod backup and made a quick count: came up with around 195, not 250]

This weekend I will delve into the init.d and see what I can find. This is definately not my area of expertise, as I haven't coded in over 20 years, but it shouldn't be too difficult to get a gist of what's in there...

Thanks for the info. Man, it's frustrating to have an issue that doesn't seem to replicate on other phones.

EDIT: also noticed yesterday that I seem to have caught the 'battery usage bug' showing incorrect times. I see this with Settings > Battery and also using BetterBatteryStats. I haven't had this issue before as far as I know. At the same time I am showing 61% left on my battery and it's been on for 10 hours - have hardly used my phone at all today but this is still awesome for me. I've been meaning to (finally) delve into how to save my battery life by disabling 'stuff' but as of now the only thing I did was turn off Google sync. This is the best battery life I have ever seen on this phone, at least since I rooted it (and I don't remember anything before that).

ROM
    CM10/BobzHome's 4.1

Kraven fixed YouTube HQ

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
    Kraven fixed YouTube HQ

Did that fix the video too?

Sent from my Transformer TF101
    Optimus V, Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101,
    Nexus 4 - CarbonRom, Nexus 7 - CarbonRom, and soon Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720

ROM
    CM10/BobzHome's 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by drezliok View Post
    Did that fix the video too?

Sent from my Transformer TF101
    Yes HQ video is fixed, its in kravens next release

Thanked by:
    johnh02 likes this.

Whew! That was close - dropped my Optimus in my backyard during the storm (pitch black - no electricity for miles). Popped the battery, dried it off, took it apart to blow some moisture out, stuck it in a bowl of rice (put it back together of course!)

Took a couple of boots but it seems to be running, at least I have a 3g signal now - gonna have to find a good cleaning solution for the screen though 'cause it's a mess.

EDIT: spoke too soon - I no longer have a usb port, so no data or charging. Looks like time for a new phone...
    upconvert likes this.

Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC0-BobZ

Has anyone had the issue of using this ROM and no longer having connectivity with ADB via their USB connection? I'm trying to do some of the V6 Supercharger/Powertools tweaks and need to connect the phone to the laptop to make use of Java. It no longer shows up when I do the ADB devices command.

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC0-BobZ

Looks like someone has finally solved the video playback problems on the ICS and JB ROMS!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

Quote Originally Posted by atrain2324 View Post
    Looks like someone has finally solved the video playback problems on the ICS and JB ROMS!
    Sweet
    Optimus V, Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101,
    Nexus 4 - CarbonRom, Nexus 7 - CarbonRom, and soon Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720

Dude is there a guide for this I tried flashing it but it aborts when I try to install it maybe it's because am using a different clockwork recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue_Optimus View Post
    Dude is there a guide for this I tried flashing it but it aborts when I try to install it maybe it's because am using a different clockwork recovery.
    It would help to know what message you get when it fails.

I'm still confused by the lack of ability to use ADB with this ROM. I can flash TheKraven's ICS ROM and have the ability to ADB, but not with BobZ's.
    This ROM allows use of several apps I've purchased on the PlayStore that TheKraven's ICS ROM seems to have a version incompatibility with...

I don't get it from either angle.

EDIT: the app incompatibility issue seems to have been corrected.

I might just need to redownload it. It says something about not validating and then aborts.

Is the battery life on this rom good?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last time I tried it battery life was the best of all ROM i tried. It's been some time though...

Does anyone know if the time update bug on the lock screen has been fixed? That's the main thing that prevented me from using this ROM since I use the phone as a watch. I arrived late to a couple of meetings because of that.
    Thanked by:

Just flashed this ROM and its great! the battery life is better than any ROM even tho it doesn't get deep sleep it still has awesome battery life, and with the clock issue I use clock sync from the play store and it works

Thanked by:

I installed this ROM this weekend. I had lots of reboots at first, but after setting InteractiveX (which is already built-in to the ROM) as many have suggested, my problems stopped. I'm enjoying the ROM very much -- thanks!!

I do have one minor issue, but perhaps it is due to user error: I've been trying to set up some profiles, and although they seem to work for connections such as WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS, they don't seem to work for volume settings. It seems as if any profile I create always goes to vibrate only and disregards any volume settings I try to establish. I've checked the override boxes and specified volume levels, but none of them get applied.

Is this a known issue? If not, anyone have an idea for what I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by _alexkta View Post
    Just flashed this ROM and its great! the battery life is better than any ROM even tho it doesn't get deep sleep it still has awesome battery life, and with the clock issue I use clock sync from the play store and it works
    Clock Sync may be just what I was looking for. Thanks. I'll have to try this ROM again. The one I have is slower and eats batteries like a kid eats candies.

Quote Originally Posted by usquetandem View Post
    Clock Sync may be just what I was looking for. Thanks. I'll have to try this ROM again. The one I have is slower and eats batteries like a kid eats candies.
    Yea just make sure when you download that app in the settings set the interval to 30 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by hpscott View Post
    I do have one minor issue, but perhaps it is due to user error: I've been trying to set up some profiles, and although the seem to work for connections such as WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS, they don't seem to work for volume settings.
    This issue did turn out to be user error: 1) There was no default ringtone for the phone in any new profile that I created so, not surprisingly, setting the volume for a non-existent ringtone didn't do anything; and 2) The checkbox for linking ringtone and notification volumes was set in the system-wide volume settings, and that kept the independent volumes I was trying to set in the profile manager from working as intended.

I have, however, encountered a few other minor issues, some of which I've seen others mention, so I think they're all known:

1) When I come out of Airplane Mode I need to toggle the mobile data for it to work;
    2) I get the occasional "white screen" bug in Gmail -- I haven't noticed any rhyme or reason to it, and it seems to fix itself after a little while; and
    3) Overall the battery life is pretty good, except it seems to drain more than expected when it sits for long periods in Airplane Mode (like while I'm sleeping at night). Is this the "deep sleep" issue I've been hearing about?

Yea this ROM doesn't seem to get to deep sleep but still battery life is great (:

I've been running this rom for quite a while on my OptV and I love it,after a few tweaks that stopped the rebooting its been running great ever since. I have an LG Optimus Elite on its way, basically as a slight upgrade to this phone & a backup phone in case I ever need one, i was wondering is there any possibility of anyone ever porting Bobz terrific ICS rom over to the Elite? I can't seem to find any actual ICS roms for the Elite yet....This rom is so terrific, it would be perfect for the Elite phone.

how can i move my apps to my sd the one that are on the phone only i cant move and when i put link2sd it stops my su apps

I'd like to say that this ROM is awesome. Just a couple bugs. Like all other ROMs I use, by a month or two, the ROM seems to fall apart. At first it would randomly reboot only once a week, then twice and eventually it was every time I used it, it would reboot. It seems weird to me but I just reset my phone and the ROM works fine again. I'm just wondering has anyone else encountered this problem?

ROM
    BobZ CM10

back to CM9.1! Hope someone can answer this one. This was not an issue on Bob's CM10 but on 9.1, it seems like every time I reboot it myself (or swap batteries), my default ringtone and notification tone goes to "Unknown Ringtone" and I'd have to set it every time in this scenario. Also, assigned ringtones will not play, always the default.

Any thing(s) I can do to remedy that?
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3839404142 LastLast