Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

ROM
    Quattrimus. Go TDM!

Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC0-BobZ

Can anyone show me a non-themed screen shot of Bob's view of ICS? Maybe the lockscreen/homescreen. I want to compare it to TDM's so I can see if I want to test or not.

I dislike the theme a few posts back, it's not very aesthetic. But it's only a theme.

ROM
    MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by suku92 View Post
    Can anyone show me a non-themed screen shot of Bob's view of ICS? Maybe the lockscreen/homescreen. I want to compare it to TDM's so I can see if I want to test or not.

I dislike the theme a few posts back, it's not very aesthetic. But it's only a theme.
    ^i second this!!!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Bobz CM9.1

They are 2 different versions of CM9, which is ICS. The UI isn't going to be super different. The coding is going to be different, and you might get better performance using this ROM or tdm's. Just make a backup of the one your using now, flash this one, and give it a whirl! Don't like it? Just go back to your backup.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:

I benchmarked both Bob's and TDM's ROMs. I found Bob's ROM (RC0) to be slightly faster, although it's negligible to me. There are a lot of other UI differences (different launcher, less ringtones, etc). So to me, it all comes down as a matter of preference, as in, which style do you prefer more. I like TDM's more based on style (more stock-ish ICS style).

Just flash guys! It wont kill you.

Don't turn this into TDMs thread, please. CM9 is ICS, why would you need a screenshot?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 4:
    glarepate likes this.

ROM
    Quattrimus (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by jto101680 View Post
    Ran this rom all day ,overclocked 122-748 smartass.

[snip] and it was the hottest my phone has ever felt. I wasn't dl-ing anything but had a missed call and missed text. Possibly just an anomaly.
    A quick search didn't help me find a link, but LeslieAnn has suggested that the minimum clock setting should probably be 480 and no lower, and that the processors in our phones are likely to get very hot trying to set itself to a clock speed lower than they were designed to do.

And as BobZ mentioned in the OP, all OVs aren't created equal. Some people get away with some pretty crazy speeds that give me perpetual reboots and overheating.
    Thanked by 2:

Great rom

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

I know this has been asked before most likely and recently, but what causes 3G to disconnect on wifi and sometimes when device is locked?

King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Nico72 View Post
    They are 2 different versions of CM9, which is ICS. The UI isn't going to be super different. The coding is going to be different, and you might get better performance using this ROM or tdm's. Just make a backup of the one your using now, flash this one, and give it a whirl! Don't like it? Just go back to your backup.
    well both have a lousy startup wallpaper ( no offense fellas but they both are blurry and low quality) and both clock Widgets look weird with jagged edges. but minor stuff you can change easily

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ-uploadfromtaptalk1340036775717.jpg

Nice ROM. Fast and stable.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM10/BobzHome's 4.1

So does MMS work? Cause I just went to change the strings in the build.prop and they're already changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
    So does MMS work? Cause I just went to change the strings in the build.prop and they're already changed.
    Send yourself a picture....

ROM
    CM10/BobzHome's 4.1

Then MMS by itself does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
    Then MMS by itself does not work.
    Nope it does not. Install go SMS pro and it will work.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

ROM
    CM10/BobzHome's 4.1

@BobZhome, talk to TDM if you can and see what he did with mms. thanks.

Had this rom running for about 6 hours no with zero force close or reboot issues, one thing I have noticed and I'm not sure if this is really anyones fault but my own, but I can't edit my contacts, I can add, remove, set pictures, but I can't actually go in and change numbers on existing contacts. Just throwing it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by batteriies View Post
    Had this rom running for about 6 hours no with zero force close or reboot issues, one thing I have noticed and I'm not sure if this is really anyones fault but my own, but I can't edit my contacts, I can add, remove, set pictures, but I can't actually go in and change numbers on existing contacts. Just throwing it out there.
    Looool what!?

That's normal. Just like a phone book.

Edit: Mis-Read your post! Sorry. :o
    Last edited by ThatGuyLurkin; 06-18-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Tap "People", find the contact you want to edit, tap it, press the Menu button, and then tap Edit.
    --Chris [cole2kb]

Quote Originally Posted by cole2kb View Post
    Tap "People", find the contact you want to edit, tap it, press the Menu button, and then tap Edit.
    I actually didn't have "People" at all for some reason, which baffles me because it was there when I first booted the phone, it disappeared all together after I took it off the dock, re-flashed and took it off the dock again, but now its still there.

I have noticed that my battery gets really hot as soon as I flashed this. Has any one else had this issue?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I actually didn't have "People" at all for some reason, which baffles me because it was there when I first booted the phone, it disappeared all together after I took it off the dock, re-flashed and took it off the dock again, but now its still there.
    Here's another, more annoying way to get to it if you're having trouble.

Open the Dialer (the Phone icon.) Tap the little person at the top, this will show your list of contacts. Tap the little arrow at the bottom right of the contact's photo you wish to edit. Tap the top part with their enlarged contact photo and name, and it will bring them up in the Contacts screen, where you can then press the Menu button and tap Edit.
    --Chris [cole2kb]
    Thanked by:

ROM
    BobZHome-

Holy nipples!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Harmonia 2.06

Been using this ROM for a day now. No forced reboots even while over clocked 480min 729max. MMS doesn't work but been reading that you need Go MMS. My 3G doesn't seem to be working either, It will try to load a page but time out, when I toggle Airplane Mode it half loads then does nothing when I turn Airplane Mode off.... I completely wiped the phone and reinstalled but still the same issue

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

I've always ran Bob'z roms as my daily. I will flash others just to test and look but I always go back to Bobz. I'm so glad you released a cm 9. I didn't know if I would ever see the day. Everything seems to be working great so far. My phone won't work with any OC on this rom but is stable at 806 on gb. I really appreciate all the hard work from bob and everyone involved in devving and testing. Thanks so much. You gave my OV a reason to carry on.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast