[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

wuzdat

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been running this rom for quite a while on my OptV and I love it,after a few tweaks that stopped the rebooting its been running great ever since. I have an LG Optimus Elite on its way, basically as a slight upgrade to this phone & a backup phone in case I ever need one, i was wondering is there any possibility of anyone ever porting Bobz terrific ICS rom over to the Elite? I can't seem to find any actual ICS roms for the Elite yet....This rom is so terrific, it would be perfect for the Elite phone.

jose7193

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to say that this ROM is awesome. Just a couple bugs. Like all other ROMs I use, by a month or two, the ROM seems to fall apart. At first it would randomly reboot only once a week, then twice and eventually it was every time I used it, it would reboot. It seems weird to me but I just reset my phone and the ROM works fine again. I'm just wondering has anyone else encountered this problem?

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
back to CM9.1! Hope someone can answer this one. This was not an issue on Bob's CM10 but on 9.1, it seems like every time I reboot it myself (or swap batteries), my default ringtone and notification tone goes to "Unknown Ringtone" and I'd have to set it every time in this scenario. Also, assigned ringtones will not play, always the default.

Any thing(s) I can do to remedy that?

kfhandy

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC0-BobZ

Thanks to Bob Zhome for the Wifi Hotspot workaroound. Really bugs me when I can't use a function on my Optimus V because VM wants more $$. Love your ROM.

BBjoemama

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC0-BobZ

Flashed this last night. Really nice ROM. I had some initial problems with constant crash/restarts but am guessing it was an app conflict of some sorts. Upped CPU min etc and everything is running really well now. Now just fine tuning. Thanks for breathing new life into my old, beat, tired handset.

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been running this ROM on my OV for weeks with no real issues, but now I am suddenly getting the white screen problem with gmail. Anyone else? Is there a fix?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

loudcloud

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Gmail but I occasionally get white screen with Google Reader on this ROM. Clearing the app's cache makes it work again.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

BBjoemama

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So I have swapped back to a GB based rom for now as my only bug with this rom was driving me nutso (clock lag...) and my OCD was killing me. Very useable ROM though, and pretty stable once I got the CPU settings right for my OV. My current OV is dying though (mic is dead regardless of rom) and I have another sitting right here waiting to be kicked into service and will try this ROM again on a newer/less beat OV. Really excellent work Bob.

tylerju90

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded this thread last week & I'm Finally getting the hang of it :)
Other than issues with HD videos acting up and time acting up from time to time, I still love this! I also have a little issue with my USB not going to my computer, I easily fixed that by using my adapter for my sdcard. Speaking of my sdcard, I was finally able to set up & use the sd-ext partition which was very helpful because I do use a lot of apps don't have enough space!
I still have yet to really really get use to this ROM but for the most part I love it! Any new issues that I come across I'll mention it!

Edit: Seriously though, is there a real fix for the USB mass storage not working?

Last edited:

mteerie

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
YOU'RE MY NEW HERO, BOBZ!

Not to cast aspersions, but I have been using JerryScript's CM7 for almost a year, and this ROM blows it out of the water!

AMAZING what you've done with CM9. Amazing.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering when can we expect another update???

Last I heard bobz had a lot going on till at least till after new years, I have been noticing him posting in the cold add ice thread lately too. It's comforting to know he's still alive and I'll be patently awaiting his return. I started to play the lottery more hopefully it pays off lol

tea candles are the duct tape of candles

usquetandem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been running this ROM on my OV for weeks with no real issues, but now I am suddenly getting the white screen problem with gmail. Anyone else? Is there a fix?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Same here. I clear cache and data and resync, it works until it happens again.