Had to do restore, now what?

scoparli

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
My phone was freezing on the Always Backup Before Flashing boot screen and had been for the past two days shutting down apps like crazy (happened after I installed instagram). So I went into the CWM-based recovery v 4.0.1.5 and then restored it from backup and restore. The only restore it had was the one I did the day i flashed it late march. Phone booted up fine and everything was as I had it that day and everything works fine.

So my question is what do I do now? Is it still rooted or do I need to redo that? The files are still on my sd card but my phone looks like it did before I rooted it. I don't want to brick it so if anyone can point me in the right direction of what I need to do now to get it back to being rooted and how it looked I would really appreciate it. THANKS!

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
It should still be rooted and you should still have custom recovery, DO NOT factory reset it. If you see the superuser app, you are rooted.

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
if IHO worked fine before instagram was downloaded, then id just reflash it and not download instagram. i'd be a miracle if you weren't rooted any more. (DON'T DO THIS NOW) But i've done a factory reset (before i flashed any roms or restored nething) and it still didn't take root away. you'll be fine no biggy, everyone restore one time or another. just keep a backup and don't do the last thing you did to force the restore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21