[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting an error message about "insufficient storage available" when you try to update Google Maps? It's downloading 55% of a 6.25 mb file, then says it's updating, then displays the error message.

Seems from the comments in the Play Store that a lot of people are having various problems with this update.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else getting an error message about "insufficient storage available" when you try to update Google Maps? It's downloading 55% of a 6.25 mb file, then says it's updating, then displays the error message.

Seems from the comments in the Play Store that a lot of people are having various problems with this update.

I just updated mine with no problem. :-\

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe your over clock is too high... or your phone is dying

Nope. I'm at 480/600mhz. And I never had this problem before on any other ROM. It's almost like the ROM dies though. The buttons won't light up or anything either. It isn't frequent, but annoying nonetheless. :p

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
@tdm hey I'm going later to buy an lg optimus T. I don't plan on activating it or anything like that but just for something at home with wifi. If I flashed your rom on it could it have any problems?

Thank you, is there a reason that you recommend setting it to 480 instead of lower?

usually with anything lower than 480 i have constant freezes/crashes

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
You're either overclocked too high, display is on too long, or your charger is producing an abnormally higher voltage.

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

Not overclocked, but I have the governer set to conservative, and I'm using my kindle fire charger, hasnt ran hot since I flashed AOKP

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

K

kobequintana

Do you have an sd ext

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

jayleekay

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting "insufficient space" errors as well. I fix it by going into Manage Apps. You'll notice at the bottom that you are indead low on space. Wait a few seconds, it will go down. Wait a few more seconds and it will go down even further. You may have to click through the tabs. Hit home key, google play, then install your app. I have at least a gb of sd-ext fyi.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

xaphoo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
After running Quattrimus CM9 Beta 2 on VM670 for a while, I switched to Beta 2 AOKP. It seems ok (though CM9 may be a more refined experience), but for some reason I can't reboot to recovery from within the ROM or even turn it off. In fact, holding down the power button always just RESETS the machine, instead of giving me the option to turn it off, reboot, reboot into recovery, etc...

K

kobequintana

After running Quattrimus CM9 Beta 2 on VM670 for a while, I switched to Beta 2 AOKP. It seems ok (though CM9 may be a more refined experience), but for some reason I can't reboot to recovery from within the ROM or even turn it off. In fact, holding down the power button always just RESETS the machine, instead of giving me the option to turn it off, reboot, reboot into recovery, etc...

Its a known issue no work around (I don't think their is)

jcf41

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I'm at 480/600mhz. And I never had this problem before on any other ROM. It's almost like the ROM dies though. The buttons won't light up or anything either. It isn't frequent, but annoying nonetheless. :p

I have the exact same problem. Running CM9 and 480/600 Performance. Have also tried InteractiveX and Savageden and same issue. Seems to happen most during phone calls. I just purchased my V in June.

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I solved my problem of no vibration with the default messaging app. For anyone that has the same issue, here's how I fixed it:

1) First enable vibration in the app and globally (duh!) :p

2) Download PopUp 7 Free from the Play Store

3) Configure it to notify with vibration (don't bother messing with the settings, your not going to keep the app, unless you want to)

4) Receive a text (you can text yourself)

5) (Optional) Uninstall PopUp 7 Free, and you should get vibration in the default messaging app!

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. Running CM9 and 480/600 Performance. Have also tried InteractiveX and Savageden and same issue. Seems to happen most during phone calls. I just purchased my V in June.

Hmm. I haven't made any phone calls yet using this ROM; I mostly text. Does it happen often? Mine happened at Starbucks with it being idle in my pocket, and when updating Google Maps (although the app was fully updated, nothing was screwed up when I rebooted).

EDIT: My dad just called me and it worked just fine.

jcf41

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I haven't made any phone calls yet using this ROM; I mostly text. Does it happen often? Mine happened at Starbucks with it being idle in my pocket, and when updating Google Maps (although the app was fully updated, nothing was screwed up when I rebooted).

EDIT: My dad just called me and it worked just fine.

Happened just yesterday after I left a message for someone. Doesn't happen all the time, but noticed it a couple of times using the phone. Has also happened randomly like your examples above.

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Happened just yesterday after I left a message for someone. Doesn't happen all the time, but noticed it a couple of times using the phone. Has also happened randomly like your examples above.

Hmm, strange. I really have no idea what would be the problem. You aren't overclocked right? :confused:

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Do you have an sd ext

Yes, I have one, and I haven't run into any memory problems before this.

After making the post, I tried a couple more times to get Maps to update, and eventually it did. Not sure what the real issue was. AFAIK I have plenty of memory, and a couple other apps have updated since then without triggering any error messages.

I've been getting "insufficient space" errors as well. I fix it by going into Manage Apps. You'll notice at the bottom that you are indead low on space. Wait a few seconds, it will go down. Wait a few more seconds and it will go down even further.

I've noticed before that it does that . Not sure what that is really demonstrating - is stuff actually being moved as that's happening, or is it just refreshing a calculation, or ? And does the phone's OS really care if stuff is in the internal memory or not, as long as it knows where it is? And should it have any effect on the app update process?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon