Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 114 of 119 FirstFirst ... 111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 2969
Like Tree539Likes
  1. #2826  

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by kakapopo View Post
    How do I download it. everytime I click the mirrors it says the files not found then I see like 6 links under it. DO I download that what about gapps? Does gapps come on it already?
    Mirror 4 (androidrepo.net) should be working just fine. I run this mirror so if anyone is having a problem downloading please let me know.
    Here is a direct link to the Optimus V Beta 2 roms
    Index of /roms/quattrimus/VM670

    gapps can be found at Index of /roms/quattrimus I have both the larger one and the small version.
    JAXVPS Web Hosting Solutions
    Offering Premium SSD Shared, Reseller, and VPS Hosting Since 2010
    Thanked by:
  2. #2827  

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by clodfelterac View Post
    @chuck--- just delete the original and paste/rename velvet to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to system/app... (I didnt have to adjust permissions, i added preflash via pc/gedit)
    I feel like quite a dope but I can't get it to work. I renamed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.bak, copied m6-velvet.apk to /system/apps, renamed to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk. I click on the 'Voice Search' app icon and get an error message saying 'Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped'. I rebooted and still get the same error. I do, however, have a google card in my notifications that shows the weather. When I click on it it tried to open Google but then closes down back to the launcher gui.

    Any ideas?
  3. #2828  
    ZackVortex's Avatar

    Posts
    206 Posts
    ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckconnors View Post
    I feel like quite a dope but I can't get it to work. I renamed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.bak, copied m6-velvet.apk to /system/apps, renamed to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk. I click on the 'Voice Search' app icon and get an error message saying 'Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped'. I rebooted and still get the same error. I do, however, have a google card in my notifications that shows the weather. When I click on it it tried to open Google but then closes down back to the launcher gui.

    Any ideas?
    This is what I did.
    I renamed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk.bak
    Then I renamed m6-velvet.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk and then moved it to /system/app then changed the properties to r-w-r-r and then rebooted

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    I love this show
  4. #2829  

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Tdm where the !?#& you at bro?
  5. #2830  
    Encerspay45's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by droiddekka View Post
    Tdm where the !?#& you at bro?
    Compiling.
    Don't worry about it.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  6. #2831  
    koeylondon's Avatar

    Posts
    226 Posts
    ROM
    DanteROM(w/Hydro)/CAI CM9

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    Compiling.
    Don't worry about it.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    TDM, you look... different. ;-)
    glarepate and johnh02 like this.
  7. #2832  

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by ZackVortex View Post
    This is what I did.
    I renamed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk.bak
    Then I renamed m6-velvet.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk and then moved it to /system/app then changed the properties to r-w-r-r and then rebooted

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Followed your lead but still having problems. When I click on the Google app icon it opens and starts a little demo of what you can do with Google Now and then asks if I want to use it. I say yes. It spins around for a few seconds then says 'Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped.' Same thing happens when I click on voice search. WTH?!
  8. #2833  

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    Compiling.
    Don't worry about it.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Oh I'm worried, sir.


    This is my worried face.


    *worrying*
  9. #2834  
    Encerspay45's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by droiddekka View Post
    Oh I'm worried, sir.


    This is my worried face.


    *worrying*
    Haha, I feel like my last reply came off as rude, but I can assure you that I had no negative intentions in posting it.
    I just wanted to make a joke regarding tdm's profile pic, is all!

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  10. #2835  
    flapjack.fiasco's Avatar

    Posts
    776 Posts
    ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Has anyone tried looking at other forums or sub-forums that tdm may frequent? I know he has a new phone now, so I wouldn't expect him to put development of a phone he doesn't even use anymore ahead of other projects he may be working on. Let alone family and work.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    This space intentionally left blank.
  11. #2836  
    koeylondon's Avatar

    Posts
    226 Posts
    ROM
    DanteROM(w/Hydro)/CAI CM9

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Yea, he's working on the Spectrum and Vortex recently, though I hope he hasn't entirely forgotten us over here. While I'll be leaving the OptiS myself soon (for a NS4G for a bit, then off to something or other on Verizon), I was hoping to see a JB version of Quatt on the OptiS before I picked up and mosied along.
  12. #2837  
    sellers86's Avatar

    Posts
    1,840 Posts
    ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    Has anyone tried looking at other forums or sub-forums that tdm may frequent? I know he has a new phone now, so I wouldn't expect him to put development of a phone he doesn't even use anymore ahead of other projects he may be working on. Let alone family and work.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    He hasn't been using the OV for quite some time. But he's working on the marquee, spectrum, etc. Give him some time

    Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums
    Guess whos coming back!
  13. #2838  
    ZackVortex's Avatar

    Posts
    206 Posts
    ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
    He hasn't been using the OV for quite some time. But he's working on the marquee, spectrum, etc. Give him some time

    Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums
    Don't forget about the holidays are coming so it might take longer than thought

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    I love this show
  14. #2839  
    PhillipBranch's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    The Gapps link is broke. Can someone get me a new link?
    (For CM9 on VM670 btw)
  15. #2840  

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by PhillipBranch View Post
    The Gapps link is broke. Can someone get me a new link?
    (For CM9 on VM670 btw)
    Just grab the ICS gapps from bobz's cm thread.
    Thanked by:
  16. #2841  
    PhillipBranch's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    when installing i get this error:

    assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" | | getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" | | getprop("ro.getproduct.device") == "VM670" | | getprop("ro.product.device") == " thunderc_VM670" | | getprop('ro.build.product") == "thunderc_VM670"
    E:Error in /sdcard/quattrimus-VM680-cm9-beta2.zip
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted.

    What can I do to successfully install this rom?
  17. #2842  
    clodfelterac's Avatar
    Samurai Dev

    Posts
    736 Posts
    ROM
    IllusionB / OM

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    reboot your phone into recovery from the powered off state via the key combo and try again... (this happens ocassionally when transferring data via usb storage via recovery or 'in rom')... if it still trows the error, try re downloading/retransferring the zip, or try another recovery like cot tor twrp...
    Thanked by:
  18. #2843  
    brotherswing's Avatar

    Posts
    546 Posts
    ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    The device id is causing the error, looks like.

    Repensum Est Canicula
    #_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .
  19. #2844  
    PhillipBranch's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by clodfelterac View Post
    reboot your phone into recovery from the powered off state via the key combo and try again... (this happens ocassionally when transferring data via usb storage via recovery or 'in rom')... if it still trows the error, try re downloading/retransferring the zip, or try another recovery like cot tor twrp...
    It failed again when I tryed it after booting into recovery after powering off

    How could I go about getting "cot" or "twrp" recovery?

    Sent from LG Optimis V w/ BobZhomes GB Rom
  20. #2845  
    flapjack.fiasco's Avatar

    Posts
    776 Posts
    ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by PhillipBranch View Post
    It failed again when I tryed it after booting into recovery after powering off

    How could I go about getting "cot" or "twrp" recovery?

    Sent from LG Optimis V w/ BobZhomes GB Rom
    I think TWRP is on the OS forums. COT has their own forum. Look up Open Cannibal Project. It's in Beta testing right now.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    This space intentionally left blank.
    Thanked by:
  21. #2846  
    Badboytoast's Avatar

    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    TWRP 100% touch recovery compatible with LG-VM670 , currently running 2.2.2.1 on my OV

    [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.3 / 2.2.2.1 TEAMWIN touch recovery
    Just flash in recovery!! Enjoy!
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    IF I Help You In Any Way Please Push The Thanks Button [HL]It Feels Good To Know You Helped!![/HL]
    Thanked by:
  22. #2847  
    clodfelterac's Avatar
    Samurai Dev

    Posts
    736 Posts
    ROM
    IllusionB / OM

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    @phillip--- i just noticed that your error reads vm680... should be vm670... did you alter the updater script?...
  23. #2848  
    sellers86's Avatar

    Posts
    1,840 Posts
    ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    Quote Originally Posted by clodfelterac View Post
    @phillip--- i just noticed that your error reads vm680... should be vm670... did you alter the updater script?...
    It says the rom name is 680. That's not the updater-script. He needs a different recovery. Or he can go into META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script and delete everything behind the first semi colon (including the first semi colon)

    Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums
    Guess whos coming back!
  24. #2849  

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    where's the link to download it?
  25. #2850  
    upconvert's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice

    Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

    In the op, the links say primary or alternate. It will take you to the quat web page. Some of the links may be dead, but keep trying the alternates.
    Thanked by:

Posting Permissions