[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

jayleekay

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I just used tibu to uninstall the v search an installed the one from play. Is that the gingerbread one? It seems to work pretty good regardless.

Sent from my LG-VM670

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
well another option would be to check the differences between ics and gingerbread's iptables to see what went wrong, at the moment its just a temp solution

Feel free to investigate but I'm not going to spend time on it when a real ics kernel is so close.

iptables is very interdependent with the kernel, as the user space tool and libs are just thin wrappers to push parameters to the kernel modules.

Reactions: kenharkey7

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Feel free to investigate but I'm not going to spend time on it when a real ics kernel is so close.

iptables is very interdependent with the kernel, as the user space tool and libs are just thin wrappers to push parameters to the kernel modules.

How close tdm?!?!?! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Soon as either Drew and I can get it to boot. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. Probably not longer than that.

I gotta say, you guys are geniouses. I tried for a couple of hours last night, and it didn't even compile. Multiple tries and I got nothing. I was hoping I could help, but I guess not. Thanks for all of your hard work guys. You deserve more than virtual thanks for what you do.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tdm

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. If the kernel doesn't boot all the way, there is no console messages to say what happened. Just a boot loop. Fun, huh? :p

Oh yeah haha. So right now your kind of just stumbling in the dark I take it. Its like the start of ics all over again :p. Just curious, when the kernel gets built, how big is it?

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
@tdm--- updater script/binary mabey?... or is that irrelevant to the issue?...

If your talking about the kernel I doubt its the updater script because it is set to extract the boot.img and it does. If it was the updater script, it would boot right into fastboot. This was my experience with cna, so take it lightly

Reactions: clodfelterac

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah haha. So right now your kind of just stumbling in the dark I take it. Its like the start of ics all over again :p. Just curious, when the kernel gets built, how big is it?

I'm not at a computer but its too early tip have a meaningful comparison.

Reactions: sellers86

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Well thanks for the updates. Ill follow closely, and possibly even try again sometime.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
How would I tell without a console...?

How are you testing the kernel? Are you using the device or an ARM emulator?

Because if you are using an ARM emulator, can't you just use a Register analyzer and see what calls the system is making? And get some type of clue whats going on in the kernel?

Last edited:

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
@TDM: Apparently these guys got OpenMax incl. Youtube HQ working for the GSM version of the phones. Thread is here and linked-from post is here.
In case you didn't know.

Reactions: tdm