[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

DarthBill13

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I got the voice search issue resolved. I ended up using Script manager to remove the app since it has root access. Now voice search works like it should.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
There hasn't been an update in while, but there's been no official word that it's not going to be further developed.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

plantucha

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Only tdm can give the official word if this is done so all we can do is wait

Not really. Same happened with IHO backside. Jerry just disappeared without good bye. Last TDM post is from oct 12. ... is November now. Last update is from.... I don't even remember. So I think we can call it.

johnh02

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Not really. Same happened with IHO backside. Jerry just disappeared without good bye. Last TDM post is from oct 12. ... is November now. Last update is from.... I don't even remember. So I think we can call it.

He still gets on I just got a pm from him October 22 all you can do is wait he's got other projects too and he's got a life also so just hang in there and I'm sure he'll give us a word soon

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

No, no we can't. It isn't anybody's place to do so but the developer him/herself, and is kind of disrespectful to do so.

plantucha

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
No, no we can't. It isn't anybody's place to do so but the developer him/herself, and is kind of disrespectful to do so.

Well then IHO backside is alive too, since jerryscript never closed project, right?

It's not disrespectful to call it dead. It just giving users information where it stands. If is not something updated quarter of year, it is dead compare to other roms. May be resurrected but it is dead now. Nobody is demanding update or eta.
But even simple rom user has right to know that this is not maintained for many months.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Well then IHO backside is alive too, since jerryscript never closed project, right?

It's not disrespectful to call it dead. It just giving users information where it stands. If is not something updated quarter of year, it is dead compare to other roms. May be resurrected but it is dead now. Nobody is demanding update or eta.
But even simple rom user has right to know that this is not maintained for many months.

It isn't dead until the developer says it is. Backside is still a fully functional ROM that many users continue to run. Quattrimus has been updated fairly recently. I will say again, it is disrespectful to the developers to declare their work dead, deterring other users, or those new to ROMs, from trying it out. If you would like to continue this discussion further, you may send me a private message, or we can leave it where it lies. Just know that I don't take disrespect to our developers lightly. (And yes, it is disrespectful, the developers are real people with real lives, and to call their ROM dead without their own announcement when they are using a majority of their free time to make this upgrade available to you for FREE.)

DarthBill13

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that clodfelterac's ports (SG3 and Xperia) are based on Quattrimus. I've also noticed that with Quattrimus I'm on CM-9, whereas I've seen different CM versions on the screenshots of the ports. I'm currently running Quattrimus and it seems to be running fine. I do get some lags on some apps and games occasionally but overall everything works well. Can anyone tell me what these ports add? Are the CM versions better? Are these ports improvements to Quattrimus, are they more stable? Would it be beneficial to move to one or the other of these ports? Is the only advantage that it makes my OV look like an SG3 or Xperia?

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Quattrimus IS cm. Every other rom based on this is going to have similar characteristics, because under the hood it's the same engine. There will be tweaks and cosmetic differences but that's really about it. They're all good in their own right, try them all! I did....I'm on AOKP right now, but that might change in ten minutes.

Repensum Est Canicula

kakapopo

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
How do I download it. everytime I click the mirrors it says the files not found then I see like 6 links under it. DO I download that what about gapps? Does gapps come on it already?

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello :) two issues I'm having maybe someone might have some insight. I've been running cm9 beta 2 for a while and never really had any issues. A few weeks ago I tried an sgs3 port for the optimus v and after flashing back to quatt I've been having an issue. Wen ever I go between wifi n mobile data it has trouble connecting mobile data.

Also this has been an issue that didn't bother me til lately, navigation do sent navigate it just always says searching for GPS. Any insight or a work around for that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary