[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
@chuck--- just delete the original and paste/rename velvet to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to system/app... (I didnt have to adjust permissions, i added preflash via pc/gedit)

Last edited:

FLDataTeK

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
How do I download it. everytime I click the mirrors it says the files not found then I see like 6 links under it. DO I download that what about gapps? Does gapps come on it already?

Mirror 4 (androidrepo.net) should be working just fine. I run this mirror so if anyone is having a problem downloading please let me know.
Here is a direct link to the Optimus V Beta 2 roms
Index of /roms/quattrimus/VM670

gapps can be found at Index of /roms/quattrimus I have both the larger one and the small version.

chuckconnors

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
@chuck--- just delete the original and paste/rename velvet to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to system/app... (I didnt have to adjust permissions, i added preflash via pc/gedit)

I feel like quite a dope but I can't get it to work. I renamed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.bak, copied m6-velvet.apk to /system/apps, renamed to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk. I click on the 'Voice Search' app icon and get an error message saying 'Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped'. I rebooted and still get the same error. I do, however, have a google card in my notifications that shows the weather. When I click on it it tried to open Google but then closes down back to the launcher gui.

Any ideas?

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I feel like quite a dope but I can't get it to work. I renamed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.bak, copied m6-velvet.apk to /system/apps, renamed to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk. I click on the 'Voice Search' app icon and get an error message saying 'Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped'. I rebooted and still get the same error. I do, however, have a google card in my notifications that shows the weather. When I click on it it tried to open Google but then closes down back to the launcher gui.

Any ideas?

This is what I did.
I renamed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk.bak
Then I renamed m6-velvet.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk and then moved it to /system/app then changed the properties to r-w-r-r and then rebooted

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

chuckconnors

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
This is what I did.
I renamed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk.bak
Then I renamed m6-velvet.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk and then moved it to /system/app then changed the properties to r-w-r-r and then rebooted

Followed your lead but still having problems. When I click on the Google app icon it opens and starts a little demo of what you can do with Google Now and then asks if I want to use it. I say yes. It spins around for a few seconds then says 'Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped.' Same thing happens when I click on voice search. WTH?!

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'm worried, sir.

This is my worried face.

*worrying*

Haha, I feel like my last reply came off as rude, but I can assure you that I had no negative intentions in posting it.
I just wanted to make a joke regarding tdm's profile pic, is all!

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried looking at other forums or sub-forums that tdm may frequent? I know he has a new phone now, so I wouldn't expect him to put development of a phone he doesn't even use anymore ahead of other projects he may be working on. Let alone family and work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Yea, he's working on the Spectrum and Vortex recently, though I hope he hasn't entirely forgotten us over here. While I'll be leaving the OptiS myself soon (for a NS4G for a bit, then off to something or other on Verizon), I was hoping to see a JB version of Quatt on the OptiS before I picked up and mosied along.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried looking at other forums or sub-forums that tdm may frequent? I know he has a new phone now, so I wouldn't expect him to put development of a phone he doesn't even use anymore ahead of other projects he may be working on. Let alone family and work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

He hasn't been using the OV for quite some time. But he's working on the marquee, spectrum, etc. Give him some time

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
He hasn't been using the OV for quite some time. But he's working on the marquee, spectrum, etc. Give him some time

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

Don't forget about the holidays are coming so it might take longer than thought

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2