Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Yep, another "bricked" LG O V

    I followed the steps to root my OV and it seemed to work. I used root check to verify the rooting and it said it was not rooted. I rebooted the phone and now all i get is the LG boot screen. When I try to get into recovery I get a black screen. I used these files: flash_image.img, jcase_rootme.zip, and VM670NH_recovery.img. I used the adb commands in the instructions through CMD.EXE on Win 7. Now I cannot even see the device using the adb. I have been bouncing through post after post for two days and nothing seems to work. Is there any way to get back to a "bios" boot on this device?
  2. #2  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,956 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default

    Hmm sounds like you attempted gordita root. Did you get any errors when entering the commands? Nothing pertaining to gordita root should brick the phone even if the root exploit failed. If you can think of any other into it'd help anyone trying to help you. Bottom line is that you should still have emergency mode so it can be fixed but that route is last resort only

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  3. #3  
    bjzapp's Avatar
    Where did u hear tht word

    Posts
    369 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

    Default Re: Yep, another "bricked" LG O V

    My suggestion to you would be to re-install/setup the LG drivers on your CPU first--re-boot. Then plug in your OV and see what happens. If not recgonized, then try your network connections window and try to set it up that way.
    If that works then you can "push" the files onto your SD as far as the recoveries, ROMS, ect. Use emergency mode first before these other attempts.
    Hope this helps somewhat
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)
  4. #4  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,956 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bjzapp View Post
    My suggestion to you would be to re-install/setup the LG drivers on your CPU first--re-boot. Then plug in your OV and see what happens. If not recgonized, then try your network connections window and try to set it up that way.
    If that works then you can "push" the files onto your SD as far as the recoveries, ROMS, ect. Use emergency mode first before these other attempts.
    Hope this helps somewhat
    The main problem with using e-mode first is that he'll have to restore his NVitems (MIN ESN MEID) not a problem but does complicate things.
    Edit: herehttp://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4568579

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  

    Default

    Use super one click when you try to root again. I rooted my ov first time ever rooting a phone and it was super easy, literally one click and it was done

    Sent from my cellular telephone using tapatalk
  6. #6  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,956 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roblox84 View Post
    Use super one click when you try to root again. I rooted my ov first time ever rooting a phone and it was super easy, literally one click and it was done

    Sent from my cellular telephone using tapatalk
    Pretty sure that only works on zv4

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  
    riggerman's Avatar

    Posts
    474 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 4.1.1

    Default Re: Yep, another "bricked" LG O V

    +1
    For zv5 you will need .gingerbreak, for zv9 you will need the gordita root exploit by jcase.
    notown likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Yep, another "bricked" LG O V

    It's a zv9 unit. So far I cannot get it to boot at all. Went and bought another phone since I am so dependent on it. I'm gunna keep tyin' with the OV though. LG says the software is toast and I have to send it in since there is no way to do a fresh load on the phone now.
    thewraith420 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Yep, another "bricked" LG O V

    Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Hmm sounds like you attempted gordita root. Did you get any errors when entering the commands? Nothing pertaining to gordita root should brick the phone even if the root exploit failed. If you can think of any other into it'd help anyone trying to help you. Bottom line is that you should still have emergency mode so it can be fixed but that route is last resort only

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    I did do a factory reset from the phone menu. Unfortunately the posts I was working from didn't warn me about not doing this. I found out after reading a different post that the factory reset is a big no-no. The goal was to un-root and start fresh.
  10. #10  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,956 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default

    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4568579

    Try this method out... It'll get the phone running again and then there's a link to restore service
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Yep, another "bricked" LG O V

    Cool, I'll give this one a try tonight. Thanks for the help.
  12. #12  
    kobequintana
    kobequintana's Avatar
    Guest

    Default

    If you try to root your OV again use gingerbreak
    Here's the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1044765

    Sent from my LG-VM670
  13. #13  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,956 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default

    I've been waiting to hear if it worked out for him

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  14. #14  
    bjzapp's Avatar
    Where did u hear tht word

    Posts
    369 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

    Default Re: Yep, another "bricked" LG O V

    Its a ZV9 he said... g-break wont work!
  15. #15  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,956 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bjzapp View Post
    Its a ZV9 he said... g-break wont work!
    If he followed the guide I just posted the link to it will be zv5 when he's done

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Yep, another "bricked" LG O V

    Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    I've been waiting to hear if it worked out for him

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    I no longer have a brick. Working on the MEID/MSID now. Thanks to everyone who has contributed. Kudos!!!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Yep, another "bricked" LG O V

    Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    If he followed the guide I just posted the link to it will be zv5 when he's done

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    It does show ZV5. Is this going to be easier/safer to root? The replacement Samsung phone was superoneclick easy but doesn't seem to hold the root when re-booted. I'm really just trying to get rid of the bloatware apps that I will never use so I can have room for ones that I will.
  18. #18  
    tcrider84's Avatar

    Posts
    117 Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus CM9 beta1pre3

    Default Re: Yep, another "bricked" LG O V

    Quote Originally Posted by CWHammer View Post
    It does show ZV5. Is this going to be easier/safer to root? The replacement Samsung phone was superoneclick easy but doesn't seem to hold the root when re-booted. I'm really just trying to get rid of the bloatware apps that I will never use so I can have room for ones that I will.
    zv5 best bet use gingerbreak. safe. efficient. worked great on my brand new ov when i got it maybe 1-2 months ago. really easy to use. my phone has the zv5 baseband. from what ive heard it's also better than the newer zv9. once you do that i highly recommend flashing backside iho or harmonia, if you want ics go for quattrimus but theres still some minor bugs there. Most of the gingerbread roms here have everything working with added efficiency minus the bloatware, AND DONT FORGET TO MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP (in clockworkmod)
  19. #19  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,956 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default

    Cool glad to hear it worked! Yep gingerbreak is the preferred root exploit for zv5 and it's much easier then zv9.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Yep, another "bricked" LG O V

    What do I need to use to get the phone useable on the network again. I tried the QXMD but I can't find any version that has a good license. Is the LGPST capable of resetting all of the necessary data?
  21. #21  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,956 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWHammer View Post
    What do I need to use to get the phone useable on the network again. I tried the QXMD but I can't find any version that has a good license. Is the LGPST capable of resetting all of the necessary data?
    I would think there would be a trial qxdm or something.... Maybe ask in the thread? Sammy knows more on the subject then me. In the guide he has both qxdm and qpst listed as needed

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Yep, another "bricked" LG O V

    Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    I would think there would be a trial qxdm or something.... Maybe ask in the thread? Sammy knows more on the subject then me. In the guide he has both qxdm and qpst listed as needed

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    The QPST installed and runs fine, just the license issue with the QXMD. Does anyone know if there is a trial version or a license file available. Once I can get the phone activated again I can get gingerroot installed and play.
  23. #23  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,956 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default

    Google qxdm its the first result.... Something I too should have done before asking on the guide thread.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  24. #24  
    sammyz's Avatar

    Posts
    825 Posts
    ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Google qxdm its the first result.... Something I too should have done before asking on the guide thread.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    This^ lol :troll: teehee if anyone wants to go to ZV5 and not get their MEID wiped, I have a thread to that too

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default Re: Yep, another "bricked" LG O V

    Haven't had the time to work on this but I'm gunna give it another shot while things are a bit slow. Had to wipe my hard drive so I have to go find all of the software again.

    Love that avatar Sammyz!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions