[GUIDE] Disable CPU rendering

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Does this need to be flashed after a new rom install? It works great for me on Quattrimus. My Antutu Benchmark was 1864. I am going to flash over to Vanilla Bean to try it out and definitely want to keep this tweak running!!
Thanks for the great work.

Flashing a new rom will disable the tweak, reflash it after installing a new rom.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Works for me. VS660. I play a lot of emulators, snes, gens, gba, ect. I've had a hard time finding emulators that will play at full speed on this device. But I used the flashable zip and it seems I can now play at full speed. An emulator for example was DroidEmu.

Thank you LeoLawliet for digging this up! :)

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Works for me. VS660. I play a lot of emulators, snes, gens, gba, ect. I've had a hard time finding emulators that will play at full speed on this device. But I used the flashable zip and it seems I can now play at full speed. An emulator for example was DroidEmu.

Thank you LeoLawliet for digging this up! :)

You're welcome, I just tried out PCE and it looks excellent :)

RavinX

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
When trying to flash on Quattrimus AOKP nightly build 7/20, I get a error message that says:
E: Missing file:
system/build.prop
E: Verification failed.
I assume I'm just missing something obvious?

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
If this helps, I suggest mounting system before flashing. That way you make sure it does flash correctly.

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had this flashed for quite a few days. It has definitely sped up orientation shifting delay. I've noticed nothing else thus far (have no games). Thank you very very much!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

PMUSER

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Any chance this would work on my Optimus S. Currently they are saying we have to use Froyo as the fix for Netflix. I tried flashing this zip and it said not signed. So I am wondering about just modifying it the manual way, but wanted some input before I start out

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Any chance this would work on my Optimus S. Currently they are saying we have to use Froyo as the fix for Netflix. I tried flashing this zip and it said not signed. So I am wondering about just modifying it the manual way, but wanted some input before I start out

Don't believe this works on any froyo based Roms regardless

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I just tried a few build.prop edits that effect dalvik, huge speed boost on my LG-E739. I tried it on my OV running the latest Ginger Snap, it's noticeable.

I found it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1726988

"-Manual Mode --
Open build.prop and add the following
change dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y TO
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,v=n,o=v,u=n
right below add
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
then change windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec = 300
comment out with #
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit
then save"

monochromatik

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just tried a few build.prop edits that effect dalvik, huge speed boost on my LG-E739. I tried it on my OV running the latest Ginger Snap, it's noticeable.

I found it here: [MOD] LAG FREE g2X + dalvik fix - xda-developers

"-Manual Mode --
Open build.prop and add the following
change dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y TO
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,v=n,o=v,u=n
right below add
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
then change windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec = 300
comment out with #
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit
then save"

just curious, i just flashed the latest bobz, and the build.prop already has dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit. also, there's already a dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit set to 48m. should i just comment that out, or just add #dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit as the instructions state?

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure, I just did what it said and it worked. I'm trying it out on ICS now, I will report back and let you know if it made a difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae