[ROM]GingerSnap 2.3.8 10/25/12| 2.2 Rebuilt to 2.3

Buffalo11

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I want this ROM, i have a LG P500. Recovery say Electra.oog not finded, and when i desactivated Verification, another kind of error. Any solution?? Sorry for my bad english

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I want this ROM, i have a LG P500. Recovery say Electra.oog not finded, and when i desactivated Verification, another kind of error. Any solution?? Sorry for my bad english

This ROM is not for your phone...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Running 2.3 its awesome what a ui. Have yet to fully test battery, but so far so good. Thanks for this rom :D

Edit: When I record a video there isn't any audio :( anyone else experiencing that ?

Edit: wiped and reflashed and that fixed audio for video record :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

It is a bug common with IHO - CM7 ROMS, go into Settings > CyanogenMod > Sounds > and selected mute camera shutter.

codyahiggins

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
So I accidentally uninstalled Google Play and can't reinstall it with an apk from the internet. So what do I wipe to reinstall the Google apps zip?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

bennettg

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I just fond this ROM and it has breathed new life into my v. Thank you. Can someone tell me how to get it to sync photos with Picasa? That's the only thing I need. Thanks in advance.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I just fond this ROM and it has breathed new life into my v. Thank you. Can someone tell me how to get it to sync photos with Picasa? That's the only thing I need. Thanks in advance.

How does that work? Download Picasa? Or was it like the original Gallery? I never used that before. :(

Sorry~

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

bennettg

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Found an app called just pictures that does the job.

Can you tell me how to move apps to my sd-ext partition. Do I need an app?

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Again. My sincerest apologies.

Hopefully some people here can help you with that.

I NEVER used SD EXT. I always used about 120MB on average compared to how you guys use apps :p

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Found an app called just pictures that does the job.

Can you tell me how to move apps to my sd-ext partition. Do I need an app?

You can use an app like link2sd. There are others. They create symbolic links on your internal to the sd card for each app. I prefer cronmod's scripts:

[SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT (updated 09/19) - xda-developers

After flashing a rom, just flash one of those before the first boot, then your apps will be automatically moved to the ext partition without any other steps needed. I ususally just copy the script into the init.d folder of the rom I want to use with winrar before I flash it. Read the descriptions and decide which one you like.

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You can use an app like link2sd. There are others. They create symbolic links on your internal to the sd card for each app. I prefer cronmod's scripts:

[SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT (updated 09/19) - xda-developers

After flashing a rom, just flash one of those before the first boot, then your apps will be automatically moved to the ext partition without any other steps needed. I ususally just copy the script into the init.d folder of the rom I want to use with winrar before I flash it. Read the descriptions and decide which one you like.

I would echo the above. I tried a couple scripts in the link above and settled on int2ext w/ the 2.2 version of Gingersnap and it has worked flawlessly. Thanks to upconvert for posting it.

bennettg

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I would echo the above. I tried a couple scripts in the link above and settled on int2ext w/ the 2.2 version of Gingersnap and it has worked flawlessly. Thanks to upconvert for posting it.

Thanks....i was able to install the script, but now an odd thing happens. As soon as I reboot the phone, I get the welcome screen where i have to touch the anroid to set up the phone like it is its first time. i see that the sd-ext is working in the manage apps section of settings....i have 6GB available. anyone know how to fix this?

second question: will this rom work on an optimus s? i've shown it to a friend who loves it, but is on sprint.

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks....i was able to install the script, but now an odd thing happens. As soon as I reboot the phone, I get the welcome screen where i have to touch the anroid to set up the phone like it is its first time. i see that the sd-ext is working in the manage apps section of settings....i have 6GB available. anyone know how to fix this?

second question: will this rom work on an optimus s? i've shown it to a friend who loves it, but is on sprint.

I have this happen randomly too. Sometimes wiping Dalvik and data from recovery fixes it. The best fix I've found is to do a Nandroid b/u once you have it set up the way you want it. Then if it does this you boot to recovery and restore the b/u. For some reason that fixes it every time. I suspect it has something to do with the sd-ext partition. BTW 6GB for a partition may be kind of big and could cause problems, but I'm not an expert on that so I could be wrong.

I don't know about the Op S, but I'm guessing the answer is no.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

6GB is way to large of a partition, according to Intel Solid State Drives (sdcards are that type of drive) should have second partition no larger then 10% of the total size of the drive to prevent failure of the drive.

amartyne

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Need some serious help here

I'm trying to Switch form Harmonia 2.2 to gingersnap.
And it doesn't work.
I am NOT using Rom manager. I have changed my recovery to xionia_cwma_12518.6
I updated with clockworkmod 5020 fashable zip.
But I still get the same error.
assert failed: getprop (ro.product.device)=="thuderg"
getprop (ro.build.product)=="thuderg"
getprop (ro.product.board)=="thuderg"

E:Error in /sdcard/ENG-OCT16-12-GINGERSNAP-V2.3-LGE_signed.zip (status 7)
Instalation aborted.
Please help

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need some serious help here

I'm trying to Switch form Harmonia 2.2 to gingersnap.
And it doesn't work.
I am NOT using Rom manager. I have changed my recovery to xionia_cwma_12518.6
I updated with clockworkmod 5020 fashable zip.
But I still get the same error.
assert failed: getprop (ro.product.device)=="thuderg"
getprop (ro.build.product)=="thuderg"
getprop (ro.product.board)=="thuderg"

E:Error in /sdcard/ENG-OCT16-12-GINGERSNAP-V2.3-LGE_signed.zip (status 7)
Instalation aborted.
Please help

If you are installing this on the V you are using the wrong recovery, try either ZenGarden Recovery or COT recovery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1