Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice

Default Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean

Is anyone else having problems with Google voice and Facebook app force closing?

So should I flash this again cause I did yesterday. I love the feel of everything only probs I had , I downloaded Facebook and it was an old version, instagram wasn't compatible, headphones were a no go for calls and music, notification drawer graphic glitches, I wish I knew how to go about doin this stuff so I could help cause I've been posted in this forum looking for the updates, I have nothing but mad respect for those who keep the optimus v up with Droid technology

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Quattrimus

I'm working on how to change how the play store sees your device. changing some things in build.prop and such.

to anyone that's interested: I found out that when you long press the home button, it pops up the recent apps like ics, but if you press the voice search button it pops up the recent apps like gingerbread did! that's so weird.
    Olan Rogers, ladies and gentlemen. Funniest video ever!!!

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Whoa! I just tried it in Quattrimus AOKP, and it does the same thing!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock, CM10, AOKP

Wow you guys were slow to find that.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

@Everyone that has provided fixes for Jelly Bean, I will add em to my flashable zip sometime today. And add the appropriate thanks to you guys.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Quote Originally Posted by nitestalkr View Post
    @Everyone that has provided fixes for Jelly Bean, I will add em to my flashable zip sometime today. And add the appropriate thanks to you guys.

Edited the build.prop, added a lot more changes, corrected a few things that said it was android 2.3.3, to make it say 4.1.1, changed everything that said sprint or ls670, to say Virgin Mobile VM670 (some are case sensitive, and edited with that in mind), added the Virgin Mobile service code in place of Sprint's, will upload soon. Also going to add the audio fix.

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Updated the second post!
    But if you're really too lazy to go there, grab it here:

PLEASE report ANYTHING that goes wrong, or anything that should be added.
    Optimus S patch threadOptimus V patch thread
    My band (Awake and Aroused)
    Need a new boot animation? Have a suggestion? Or a request?
    Boot Animation Thread

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Quote Originally Posted by andrewnelson23 View Post
    I'm working on how to change how the play store sees your device. changing some things in build.prop and such.

to anyone that's interested: I found out that when you long press the home button, it pops up the recent apps like ics, but if you press the voice search button it pops up the recent apps like gingerbread did! that's so weird.
    Try out my fix, i just uploaded it (second post, or if you're lazy, the post above this one)
    I fixed the build.prop, so everything should work out in the play store now. everything in it now has the LG Optimus V proper phone tags and service tags, was thinking about adding in a few tweaks of my own(maybe later). But hopefully, everything should work out as planned.
    Boot Animation Thread
    Thanked by:
    andrewnelson23 likes this.

I'm bouts to try it right now :

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CM10/BobzHome's 4.1

Can someone list the lib ril files? I can't seem to get this radio working on my port

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Quote Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
    Can someone list the lib ril files? I can't seem to get this radio working on my port

You can just unzip my fix, I used ones from Quattrimus CM9 nightly 7/24.
    Boot Animation Thread

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

@Everyone running JellyBean... should i include tdm's sdext scripts in my flashable fix??? (Going to fix the Roaming indicator thingy next too)
    I believe it would come in handy with app storage space.
    I'll ask tdm if i can before doing so of course.
    Give me your opinions on it before I DO ask.
    Boot Animation Thread
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Quattrimus

YES.
    Olan Rogers, ladies and gentlemen. Funniest video ever!!!

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Quote Originally Posted by andrewnelson23 View Post
    YES.
    JUST sent the message to tdm, asking for his permission(thought it would be a good idea )
    Boot Animation Thread

ROM
    Stock Nexus 4

Does MMS != SMS? because the latter is working for me just fine.

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Quote Originally Posted by capslock118 View Post
    Does MMS != SMS? because the latter is working for me just fine.
    All service radios work, except for MMS.
    AFAIK, MMS won't work UNLESS, you follow this:

Im not 100% sure if that would fix this in JB or not, YMMV.
    Boot Animation Thread

ROM
    Stock Nexus 4

well I can make/receive calls, send text messages, and go online, that's why I was asking because whatever MMS is, apparently I must not use it

looks like tethering isn't working (thought i read previously that it did). I go to activate it and it just sits in what i'll call "prepping mode".

headphones work. I don't have bluetooth devices (unless i can somehow bluetooth tether my nexus 7 to my phone?) and i don't have a mic to test either.

can't seem to find the setting (might be a CM setting) to install all apps to sd. So i am having trouble getting everything in given how little space there is available on the internal memory. that's a small issue really, as long as calls and texting works i'm good to keep this around to keep testing it

i can't believe how smooth everything is.
    Last edited by capslock118; 07-26-2012 at 07:14 PM.

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

well I can make/receive calls, send text messages, and go online, that's why I was asking because whatever MMS is, apparently I must not use it

looks like tethering isn't working (thought i read previously that it did). I go to activate it and it just sits in what i'll call "prepping mode".

headphones work. I don't have bluetooth devices (unless i can somehow tether my nexus 7 to my phone?) and i don't have a mic to test either.

can't seem to find the setting (might be a CM setting) to install all apps to sd. So i am having trouble getting everything in given how little space there is available on the internal memory. that's a small issue really, as long as calls and texting works i'm good to keep this around to keep testing it

i can't believe how smooth everything is.
    Remember, CM10 Jelly Bean is still in EARLY alpha stage, so a lot of things wont be working, and cannot be fixed yet. Heck, even in ICS we dont have tethering woring natively..

BUT in both ICS and JB, we can use an app to use for tethering.

Bluetooth takes a lot to get it working, its still unstable in ICS, so it will be a while before it is stable in JB.
    Either way, i love how stable it currently is, in such early development!!!

And i'm(along with others that contribute) doing the best i can to get things working via my flashable zip, other things will require the ROM dev to fix. And once i have tdm's permission, i WILL include the SD-ext script that he uses, but this will require you to partition up to 1GB(max) for expanded app space.
    Boot Animation Thread

ROM
    Stock Nexus 4

Remember, CM10 Jelly Bean is still in EARLY alpha stage, so a lot of things wont be working, and cannot be fixed yet. Heck, even in ICS we dont have tethering woring natively..
    Don't get me wrong, I am well aware of that. I was just posting my initial experience. Like I said as long as the actual phone part works, texting, and data, I am thrilled to keep working with it and letting you know of any issues I find myself.

BUT in both ICS and JB, we can use an app to use for tethering.
    I'll check that app out.

And once i have tdm's permission, i WILL include the SD-ext script that he uses, but this will require you to partition up to 1GB(max) for expanded app space.
    Aside from backups which I dump onto my pc anyways, that would not be a problem for me. I am guessing here that not just any apps can be dumped in here? In other words, the only things I use my SD card for anyways is storing apps.

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Don't get me wrong, I am well aware of that. I was just posting my initial experience. Like I said as long as the actual phone part works, texting, and data, I am thrilled to keep working with it and letting you know of any issues I find myself.

I'll check that app out.

Aside from backups which I dump onto my pc anyways, that would not be a problem for me. I am guessing here that not just any apps can be dumped in here? In other words, the only things I use my SD card for anyways is storing apps.
    With the sd-ext script that tdm has, every app that you download, install, and use on the phone(other than built in system apps) will be automagically moved to the sd-ext partition, along with the apps cache.

i can't remember what app others were talking about(its mentioned somewhere in this thread) but i do suggest it for a temporary Wifi tethering fix.
    Boot Animation Thread

ROM
    CM 7.2 - MiRaGe 9.30.12

Woah, Jelly Bean already available for our beloved Optimus V!? Color me impressed.

I'm on ZV4 baseband, can I still flash this??? I just want Wifi working, as my OV has long since been out of service.

Edit: I couldn't wait. Made a nandroid, wiped everything, flashed Drew's CM10 ROM, gapps, wiped cache, dalvik cache (again), then flashed nitestalkr's jb super fix. Rebooted, and crossed my fingers. It booted! Not only that, but it runs super smooth. Nearly everything works.
    Working: Wifi, audio (both speaker/headphones), LWP, phone signal (not sure about 3G), root apps, etc.
    Not working: Camera, video acceleration (audio works but video is choppy), HQ youtube video (SD works okay), voice search (apps that need the mic seam to force close), and probably some others I'm missing.

My first impression of this very early build is overwhelmingly positive. For my needs I could see myself keeping it as a daily driver. Thanks to all who put a lot of work into supporting this little device that could.

One last note: The only real problem I had was missing gapps on first boot. I powered off, booted back into recovery, flashed gapps, restarted, and bam got the market running now.
    Last edited by kalaniboy; 07-26-2012 at 09:42 PM.

This is one of the apps reported to be working

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Quote Originally Posted by kalaniboy View Post
    Woah, Jelly Bean already available for our beloved Optimus V!? Color me impressed.

I'm on ZV4 baseband, can I still flash this??? I just want Wifi working, as my OV has long since been out of service.
    Follow my guide in the second post. Wifi works.

Thanked by:

ROM
    CM 7.2 - MiRaGe 9.30.12

Quote Originally Posted by nitestalkr View Post
    Follow my guide in the second post. Wifi works.

Thank you. I went ahead and bit the bullet, followed your directions, and am now running CM10. I was just confused by all the ZVJ, ZVD, ZVH, ZV4, and ZV9 stuff. But now all is well.
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast