Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 17181920
Like Tree37Likes

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by nitestalkr View Post
    The kernel in Drew's port, is the same one in tdm's quattrimus beta1 rom.
    I'm just surprised that we are using an outdated kernel, without an apocalypse of bugs!

sent from my Zom-"Bean"(AOSP JellyBean).
    The kernel doesn't really do as much magic as you guys think if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, an ICS kernel may run smoother and fix reboots and things, but the kernels main purpose is to control hardware if I remember right. I'm not good with kernels but with the info I've gathered up in the past year, this is how I took it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Guess whos coming back!

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Quote Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
    The kernel doesn't really do as much magic as you guys think if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, an ICS kernel may run smoother and fix reboots and things, but the kernels main purpose is to control hardware if I remember right. I'm not good with kernels but with the info I've gathered up in the past year, this is how I took it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    It handles compatibility between hardware and software. The kernel is responsible for the interaction between the two, if I'm not mistaken.

sent from my Zom-"Bean"(AOSP Jellybean)
    Optimus S patch threadOptimus V patch thread
    My band (Awake and Aroused)
    Need a new boot animation? Have a suggestion? Or a request?
    Boot Animation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
    doesnt boot. I have a logcat, there are a lot of crashes, but i cant read a logcat worth a crap
    Send me the logcat I might be able to read it

ROM
    CM10/BobzHome's 4.1

Default Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean

Anyone else notice that if you move an app to the sd card, on the next reboot it doesnt recognize it.

What if you flash the rom, flash kernel, boot phone and take the boot.img from the booted rom?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Quattrimus CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
    Anyone else notice that if you move an app to the sd card, on the next reboot it doesnt recognize it.
    If you're moving it to the card, and it's not on an sdext, that's not at all uncommon for apps to not work, not be recognized, or for widgets to disappear. Certain apps will not run off the sd card unless they are on an sdext. Top link in my signature

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Bumped due to planned update soon!

Expect an even BETTER sd-ext script!!
    Boot Animation Thread
    Thanked by:
    rlroblung likes this.

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Updated second post!

Removed the option of no app2ext scripts.
    Changed the apps2ext to be able to flash directly on top of the ROM without needing first boot.

(not sure why i bothered due to a ROM for the V has been made lol)
    Boot Animation Thread
    Thanked by:

Question Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean!)

Hi everyone. I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm having some minor issues and am much too ignorant to changing ROMs and such to fix it on my own.

I have an Optimus V which I rooted and installed IHO CM7.2 on about 1.5 yrs ago. Things were ok, but then I saw that there was this new CM10 ROM available and I put it on the phone instead. In the process, I lost all my app data, but the important stuff was recovered or recreated and I've been going well for a few months now. I like CM10 better, as it seems to make WiFi more stable, GPS better, and the overall phone runs a bit faster (or seems to anyways).

There are some curiosities though:

1) When I go to CyanogenMod settings, the "View Changelog" lists my version as: Cyanogenmod-7.2-UNOFFICIAL-IHO_VM670. Same thing is in the About Phone->Mod version, but it also says my Android version is 4.0.4. This seems odd because I thought that I put the CM10 ROM on. How do I actually see what ROM I'm running?

2) I can't update the Holo Launcher. I get update notifications, but when I go to the Play Store to update, it says the package isn't signed correctly. Do I have to sideload the APK, or is there some other issue going on?

3) Video doesn't work. I can take still camera images, but no video. The video shows live, but when I hit the record button, it freezes. Same w/ the Bank of America check picture function. As soon as I try to take a picture of the check, it freezes and then FCs.

Like I said, overall the phone is doing well and these things are minor problems. But I'm not entirely sure that I should just keep ignoring them. Also, if this is the wrong place to be posting, let me know and I'll repost in some other thread. And finally, I really am pretty newb-ish so please excuse any ignorance on my part and don't be surprised if I have many follow-up questions to anyone who offers advice.

Thanks,
    Adam

ROM
    Changes Daily

Default Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean!)

try out bobzhome's cm10 its farther along then this.

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware
    Last edited by thewraith420; 11-22-2012 at 11:34 AM.

I rooted my optimus v with superoneclick will this work for cm 10???

I would try bobzhomes cm10 or thekravens roms they're more stable

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 17181920