Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean!)

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean

Flashing LS670ZVD onto my Optimus V with LGNPST via emergency mode. VERY important to do it with LGNPST and emergency mode when switching to a completely different kind of phone. Anybody want a guide? I'm thinking about making one, and getting data to work, if I can get it working on my OV myself with metropcs first. It's still flashing...

Edit:
Done flashing
Look:

LS670%20on%20OV.png

Last edited:

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Wont that make it.non-Virgin?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, but I use metropcs as my carrier :p but there is a way to get it to work with VM as well.

Man -_- I keep forgetting the stupid buttons are switched -______________-

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Ok I have 3G and I'm on Optimus S firmware.....that was fast and easy. Now just to update to ZVJ and then root :D

Edit: It wanted to update it with MS690 firmware o_O time to uninstall Optimus M drivers.....or maybe it's my MEID.....

EDIT again: it didn't matter, it already downloaded ZVJ by OTA with WiFi :D

now to go and reinstall missing drivers :/

Last edited:
Reactions: sellers86

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok I have 3G and I'm on Optimus S firmware.....that was fast and easy. Now just to update to ZVJ and then root :D

Edit: It wanted to update it with MS690 firmware o_O time to uninstall Optimus M drivers.....or maybe it's my MEID.....

EDIT again: it didn't matter, it already downloaded ZVJ by OTA with WiFi :D

now to go and reinstall missing drivers :/

If you flash ZVJ, could yiu use stock Gingerbread roms?

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

So if I wanted to flash the zvj update what do I do first?

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to make a guide either tomorrow or monday. I highly dis-advise you from doing this unless YOU KNOW what you're doing. I g2g to bed, I still didn't get to root :(
I will make a guide on how to update to ZVJ and get data working.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to make a guide either tomorrow or monday. I highly dis-advise you from doing this unless YOU KNOW what you're doing. I g2g to bed, I still didn't get to root :(

I got my Droid working on VM so I think I can do this.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Non experienced users I would advice sit back and wait a week and just be able to flash the from :')

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone been able to find that candy cane that supposedly in the Easter egg or did they take it out?

Does the notification bar remind anyone else of froyo?

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I just love how crazy you are... in the sense that you're using a Virgin mobile phone, on metroPCS service, with Sprint firmware..... you ARE the mad scientist if the dev community, so I dub thee. xD

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Reactions: inceyet and sammyz

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
And Sammy if can get a stock opt us S ROM on my v with 3G and MMS. I would love you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Stock optimus S and data is easy, with MMS........hard as heck. Even I never got MMS working on optimus v stock.

But maybe there wont be a problem since sprint and vm are the same company .....

Sent from my Optimus M

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to find that candy cane that supposedly in the Easter egg or did they take it out?

Does the notification bar remind anyone else of froyo?

The animations remind me of froyo. They're a lot closer to froyo than ICS animations, but thats OK because I'm not fond of the ics fading.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

WOAH!!!! Haven't checked this in a day and a half, and Sammyz YOU ARE A BEAST!!!!

ZVJ using s firmware hahaha that's so freaking great.

Sooo if you get this working, we can have ZVJ working on our phone, and then we can fix our data using qpst, and then flash the jelly bean, and then probably be able to fix our mms using a go fix or something like that????

Reactions: sammyz

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

When I flashed this I got a warning about being grandfathered and said I needed to make a call to activate my phone. Will that make my plan rate go up? I may have download the one for the S

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
In reality yes because hydro rom and Ginger rom is for zvj I reccomend those or your mom rom

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. http://forum.digitalhouseoftreats.com/

Anyone who changes over to optimus s firmware will have to go to the optimus s hacks and stuff to root. I may be able to "hack" the zvj update to get MMS working on stock.

Sent from my Optimus M