Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean!)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
No, it dimmed the boot animation but never booted in.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Well that means its not a kernel issue. Probably framework-res is refusing to work... I have no idea why it would do that. Try copying all the extra lib files and bin files from drews port into your port, and see if it boots.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Optimus V Support - [ROM][ZVJ][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean

Well that means its not a kernel issue. Probably framework-res is refusing to work... I have no idea why it would do that. Try copying all the extra lib files and bin files from drews port into your port, and see if it boots.

Ok I ported lugohirps p500 rom but radio still isnt working for some odd reason.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

UPDATE: Got Data and radio working without color banding :D now im working on sound issues... but should be an easy fix :D and GAPPS Sticks :D

Last edited:
Reactions: nitestalkr

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
btw, here is the list of files that arnt in the p500 rom(besides browser, it was actining up for me on the p500 rom so i replaced it):

Code:
app-----
browser.apk

bin-----
cnd
netmgrd
port-bridge
rmt_storage
su
tsdown
wl
qmuxd

etc-----
init.qcom.bt.sh
init.thunderc.usb.rc
MELFAS_FIRM
setwifi.sh
apns-conf
FIRMWARE--
wlan
PERMISSIONS--
android.hardware.telephony.cdma
android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch

lib-----
libjackpal-androidterm4
libloc_api-rpc-qc
libreference-cdma-sms
libstagefrighthw
MODULES--ALL

Also, does anyone know the correct RIL files to replace?? I have this list from a different phone port but im not sure if its correct:

I believe those are all RIL files.. I know there's 1 or 2 in the /bin folder that control RIL stuff.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
@nitestalkr these are the files I used for the issues with the color banding:
Color Banding.zip

Place them in system/lib and it should fix it. I havent tested them but they should work.

Thanks, I'll test it soon, and if it fixes it, I'll incorporate it in both JB patches, and add even more thanks to you in the op. :D

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Sorry for the late response, I got distracted after testing it. :p
any who..
Updated 2nd Post, updated both patches to include Zakman's Color Banding fix, so now there's a smoother color fade instead of bars(or bands) in places like the settings menu!!

I'm thinking of using Jelly Bean as my daily now :p

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

My port is finished, weird thing about moving latinIME to data and using jb gapps is that it doesn't show up at start you have to set up you google account later and go to input settings and disable voice input. but then keyboard functionality works.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Also, if we changed the Android Version in build.prop to 4.0.4 would we have the apps we did with ics?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Also, if we changed the Android Version in build.prop to 4.0.4 would we have the apps we did with ics?

Doubt it, cause its still 4.1 software.
Changing it to 4.0.4 just tricks the play store, and the about phone menu.
Other than that, it won't really change the apps.
I restored all of my apps from quattrimus AOKP, currently I'm running Drew's CMX Jelly Bean port.
Figured I'd go ahead and set everything up, and create a back up I can bounce back and forth between the two aforementioned ROMs.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Doubt it, cause its still 4.1 software.
Changing it to 4.0.4 just tricks the play store, and the about phone menu.
Other than that, it won't really change the apps.
I restored all of my apps from quattrimus AOKP, currently I'm running Drew's CMX Jelly Bean port.
Figured I'd go ahead and set everything up, and create a back up I can bounce back and forth between the two aforementioned ROMs.

No, I think he means will we be able to get the ICS apps instead off of the Play store if our build.prop identifies us as an ics device. Which I think should be correct...?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae