Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 168
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    sammyz's Avatar

    Posts
    825 Posts
    ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

    Default Porting Optimus S ZVJ ROMs to Optimus V ZVJ

    Hello everyone, as you all may know, I got data working on my optimus v with optimus s ZVJ flashed onto it. What will not work with this is MMS and the home key and menu key is switched. So, I was wondering if anyone could fix some ZVJ based roms to get these 2 things working. I wont have time to make the tutorial today I won't be home till late tonight. Tomorrow I will make it, but it would be nice to have some ZVJ roms ported to have the 2 issues fixed. Mainly the CM10 rom, post how to fix it in the OV support thread please and upload files that need to be replaced. Other ZVJ based ROMs that are ported or how to port them should be put in this thread. I know a couple of you guys have ported a few ZVD based roms to the OV before because of Cold As Ice by the kraven, it should be the same, if not a similar process.

    Edit: also the model # has to be changed.

    How to get onto ZVJ is here [GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

    Sent from my Optimus M
    Last edited by sammyz12; 07-23-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Porting Optimus S ZVJ ROMs to Optimus V ZVJ

    You can probably do it similar to the way cm7 is set up. Deodex the zvj rom, change build prop add te proper mmsconfig.xml to mms.apk and use apk manager to modify the smsdispatcher.smali in framework.jar if you can find someone to do that though send them my way since I don't have working incoming mms on my marquee.


    Also forgot switching the keys is easy just go into usr/share/keylayout/
    Thanked by:
    sammyz 
  3. #3  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asadullah View Post


    Also forgot switching the keys is easy just go into usr/share/keylayout/
    Really have tried this with harmonia 2 didn't work

    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Porting Optimus S ZVJ ROMs to Optimus V ZVJ

    is there a stock zvj rom ?
  5. #5  

    Default

    Stock ZVJ Gingerbread

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  
    Zhara's Avatar
    Queendroid

    Posts
    909 Posts
    Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asadullah View Post
    is there a stock zvj rom ?
    Yeah, jstntp posted one a few days after zvj came out for if anyone wanted to use it as a base. It's buried around the S forum somewhere...
  7. #7  
    sellers86's Avatar

    Posts
    1,837 Posts
    ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5449 View Post
    Really have tried this with harmonia 2 didn't work

    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
    It works. The keys were nessed up on my cna before I released and this is how I fixed it.

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
  8. #8  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhara View Post
    Yeah, jstntp posted one a few days after zvj came out for if anyone wanted to use it as a base. It's buried around the S forum somewhere...
    I shall digit up
    Whatever baseband I'm on gets either a port or heavely tweaked rom

    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Here it is
    [COMMUNITY ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] Stock Rooted ROM Base

    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Porting Optimus S ZVJ ROMs to Optimus V ZVJ

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5449 View Post
    I shall digit up
    Whatever baseband I'm on gets either a port or heavely tweaked rom

    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
    I have zvh update but I can't remember if it is gingerbread or not?? But if there is a already deodexed zvj me wants that
  11. #11  
    Zhara's Avatar
    Queendroid

    Posts
    909 Posts
    Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asadullah View Post
    I have zvh update but I can't remember if it is gingerbread or not?? But if there is a already deodexed zvj me wants that
    Yes, zvh is gingerbread. Very crappy gingerbread.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Porting Optimus S ZVJ ROMs to Optimus V ZVJ

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5449 View Post
    Here it is
    [COMMUNITY ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] Stock Rooted ROM Base

    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
    That was quick
  13. #13  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhara View Post
    Yes, zvh is gingerbread. Very crappy gingerbread.
    My phone NEVER had problems with zvh

    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
  14. #14  
    Zhara's Avatar
    Queendroid

    Posts
    909 Posts
    Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asadullah View Post
    That was quick
    Lol yeah, I got the link too and was about to post it but he already had
  15. #15  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asadullah View Post
    I have zvh update but I can't remember if it is gingerbread or not?? But if there is a already deodexed zvj me wants that
    All zvj roms work on zvh I tested

    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
  16. #16  
    Zhara's Avatar
    Queendroid

    Posts
    909 Posts
    Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5449 View Post
    My phone NEVER had problems with zvh

    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
    Well you are in the VAST minority then... I had almost every problem reported with it.
  17. #17  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asadullah View Post
    That was quick
    Lol yes I know I have quick eyes so I read faster

    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    sammyz's Avatar

    Posts
    825 Posts
    ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

    Default

    Originally Posted by jonny5449<br />
    I shall digit up<br />
    Whatever baseband I'm on gets either a port or heavely tweaked rom <br />
    <br />
    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
    <br />
    <br />
    I have zvh update but I can't remember if it is gingerbread or not?? But if there is a already deodexed zvj me wants that
    You MUST get sprint firmware flashed while in e-mode and LGNPST......remember you will lose AAA/HA keys.

    Sent from my Optimus M
  19. #19  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammyz12 View Post
    You MUST get sprint firmware flashed while in e-mode and LGNPST......remember you will lose AAA/HA keys.

    Sent from my Optimus M
    Sammy I own an s

    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
  20. #20  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhara View Post
    Well you are in the VAST minority then... I had almost every problem reported with it.
    Every problem reported never gave my probs for a month ran stock unrooted no probs

    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Porting Optimus S ZVJ ROMs to Optimus V ZVJ

    Quote Originally Posted by sammyz12 View Post
    You MUST get sprint firmware flashed while in e-mode and LGNPST......remember you will lose AAA/HA keys.

    Sent from my Optimus M
    You know that I've got a backup of all that which makes me think that I need to find out where in the rom it's setting that value. But in the past I haven't had that problem with sprint roms.
    Flashing now
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    sammyz's Avatar

    Posts
    825 Posts
    ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5449 View Post
    Sammy I own an s

    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
    I know, I quoted someone else....tapatalk is screwy with bad signal..

    Sent from my Optimus M
  23. #23  

    Default

    I must know, are you connected to VM on a ZVJ stock GB rom? THAT, I want to know. Please and thank you.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    sammyz's Avatar

    Posts
    825 Posts
    ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

    Default

    What do you guys think? SHOULD model number be VM670 or LS670????? O.o these phones are exactly the same, besides the key switch....

    Sent from my Optimus M
  25. #25  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammyz12 View Post
    What do you guys think? SHOULD model number be VM670 or LS670????? O.o these phones are exactly the same, besides the key switch....

    Sent from my Optimus M
    That's an easy fix as assadullah says

    Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B