Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by taha1112 View Post
    Is there anyway to get data back? I didn't backup those keys as it wasn't in your old guide.
    Did you save the nvs file from model/mtp? You should be able to use the unbrick guide to get back to vm firmware and then restore the nvs file from the data tab in lgnpst.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #102  

ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    I don't believe I did. Correct me if I'm wrong. I still have reception, and 3G only when toggling back and fourth(meaning its still there hopefully) :P

Also, I can send/receive text.
    If you are still able to get 3G at all then now we know that no one lost their AAA/HA keys. That was a close call. I need a VM phone or I need to teamview someone.

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #103  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by asadullah View Post
    you may be able to get 1x. vmug33k is the ha password for all virgin mobile phones. That alone can get you 2g data. BUT before you do that

if you flash teh sprint rom and don't touch dfs or anything you can just downgrade the virgin mobile rom (radio and all) and then use the activate app to get data to work 100% and then backup your ha aaa keys.

On a side note I don't recommend lgnpst 1.3. Personal preference had a lot of issues with it
    So we just need VM activation apps in a ZVD ROM?????

ROM
    Quattrimus

Default Re: [GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

Well I don't think I'm going to try that anymore haha :P I got back to zv9 on s firmware with all my radio functions and I'm bout to restore my quattrimus backup. I think the only think I could use zvj is for jb and since they have an alternative to that, I'm going to do that instead.
    Olan Rogers, ladies and gentlemen. Funniest video ever!!!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

There are some brave (or foolish ) souls involved with these phones! I appreciate that you guys put your phones in real peril while pushing the limits of what can be done with these things. You all are slowly writing the technical manual that doesn't exist.

And also, thanks for letting me sit in to watch all the action!
    This space intentionally left blank.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #106  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    There are some brave (or foolish ) souls involved with these phones! I appreciate that you guys put your phones in real peril while pushing the limits of what can be done with these things. You all are slowly writing the technical manual that doesn't exist.

And also, thanks for letting me sit in to watch all the action!
    Rofl, I'm not done here, I will get data working on VM; if I can fix borked firmware, getting OS firmware working with VM shouldn't be too hard I just gotta teamview/have a VM phone.

flapjack.fiasco likes this.

ROM
    Quattrimus

I would volunteer mine for the weekend, but I can't, I'll be out of town. Man that stuff is intense though. the profiles would not write on any programming utility I used!

ROM
    The GODZILLA Rom

This is some intense stuff I remember when I was scared to use gingerbreak! Lol this is even crazier :o haha I will try eventually

My customized tapatalk signature
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by andrewnelson23 View Post
    I would volunteer mine for the weekend, but I can't, I'll be out of town. Man that stuff is intense though. the profiles would not write on any programming utility I used!
    Try it while in airplane mode.

ROM
    Quattrimus

haha I'm already restored to quattrimus on zv9 :P but I don't know how that would do anything. While in a com port, you have no service anyway..
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #111  

ROM

haha I'm already restored to quattrimus on zv9 :P but I don't know how that would do anything. While in a com port, you have no service anyway..
    What? I have service while my phone is connected via COM PORT.....
    You did flash this while in e-mode?? Right????

ROM
    Quattrimus

Default Re: [GUIDE][WIP] Optimus V ZVJ

really? lucky! I never have service while I'm in com port. yes I did. and then I used the optimus s firmware guide from phatninja55 to update to zv9, root, install custom recovery, and restore my quattrimus backup.

Can I use that zvd fix for the cm10 if I'm on zv9? I don't quite understand what the fix does.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #113  

ROM

really? lucky! I never have service while I'm in com port. yes I did. and then I used the optimus s firmware guide from phatninja55 to update to zv9, root, install custom recovery, and restore my quattrimus backup.

Can I use that zvd fix for the cm10 if I'm on zv9? I don't quite understand what the fix does.
    ZVD firmware is similar to ZV5/4/9 firmware. But you will get a few more issues while running ZV9.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #114  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Converting from Virgin to another carrier is far easier than converting another phone to Virgin.

Most carriers use a standardized MMS system, you change a few key settings and everything works. Virgin on the other hand is quite different, which is why it needs a patch to work, and not every rom can be converted. In fact only a few can be converted TO Virgin.

It took devs months to make Virgin mms work on CM7 and AOSP for the Optimus V and it took a while to get ICS to work as well.
    We are basically trying to convert an Optimus S to Virgin Mobile....
    There is a way, we just got to find a way. I think we need to put the Activation app in an optimus S ZVD ROM.

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by sammyz12 View Post
    We are basically trying to convert an Optimus S to Virgin Mobile....
    There is a way, we just got to find a way. I think we need to put the Activation app in an optimus S ZVD ROM.

That may not work, I think there is stuff buried into the rom to make it work. Libs and such you know?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

If your having trouble writing new profiles install anycut and create a shortcut called cdg2 then open it navigate to data/ppp/ and change the setting from sprinty to unknown. then misspell words.

Anyone know a good autoresigner to resign an entire rom (minus google s)

Yes. Activate app doesn't open. It makes the reception get a X, and then it comes back.

But, any change pf a VM ZV#.bin?

ROM
    Quattrimus

If your having trouble writing new profiles install anycut and create a shortcut called cdg2 then open it navigate to data/ppp/ and change the setting from sprinty to unknown. then misspell words.

I actually changed my profiles using qpst. but it only worked after I changed up some things, can't remember what. can you change the ppp user id that way??? I think that's what was causing all the problems.

ROM
    Quattrimus

Also, how do you make this shortcut? it says make your own and then gives me Action, Data, and Type to fill out..
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #120  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
    That may not work, I think there is stuff buried into the rom to make it work. Libs and such you know?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    I don't think our problem is libs.....I'm running 3G on my OV just fine....

Metro, Sprint, all that stuff. They don't exactly have an activate app. The problem is stock in my opinion. Back when I flashed Optimud S stock roms, I had to usr activate to get data back.

Sammyz, do you have a VM.bin file? My idea is to flash it in Emergency mode along with VM670.dll

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #122  

ROM

Yea, what's wong with your phone? Besides data?? Did you try the unbrick guide? I wanted to know if people could use that before I go handing out bins....

Alright just to clarify I don't mean install the activate apk on the gingerbread rom. What I mean is if you flashed zvj without backing up you aaa password. Downgrade to zv5 or zv4 and run the activate apk then get your aaa password.

For anycut open it up select new shortcut, activity,cdg2. It will put a shortcut called cdg2 on your home screen. Select the cdg2 shortcut it will open up with several selections pick data then ppp carrier. Check undetermined then the backspace key and your phone will reboot. After that you won't have anyproblem changing the profiles
    Thanked by:
    sammyz 
    sammyz likes this.

ROM
    Quattrimus

You have the bin??? that means I can get back fully on optimus V firmware, right??
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #125  

ROM

Alright just to clarify I don't mean install the activate apk on the gingerbread rom. What I mean is if you flashed zvj without backing up you aaa password. Downgrade to zv5 or zv4 and run the activate apk then get your aaa password.

For anycut open it up select new shortcut, activity,cdg2. It will put a shortcut called cdg2 on your home screen. Select the cdg2 shortcut it will open up with several selections pick data then ppp carrier. Check undetermined then the backspace key and your phone will reboot. After that you won't have anyproblem changing the profiles
    Will this work to get you data on ZVD/J???

@andrewnelson, yes I've always had the bin, I can't repackage the firmware without the bin extracted xD, and I already have it uploaded due to the old method I made of unbricking, which caused some people to lose AAA/HA keys......which is why I went and got it working with KP500...
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast