[GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I put this thing called reggie.exe(after giving it administrator access) onto the mtp and then just dragged the dll's to it and it registered both of them :)

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Right click the dll and press register active x dll......

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS

I had been trying that and it kept giving me that error that I showed earier. freaking annoying. so I just used the method that phatninja55 used in his unbrick guide using s firmware(involving the reggie.exe)

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I had been trying that and it kept giving me that error that I showed earier. freaking annoying. so I just used the method that phatninja55 used in his unbrick guide using s firmware(involving the reggie.exe)

That's strange, I will add Reggie to this thread if need be.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So you're finally going to flash S firmware I'm guessing?

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
No. :( I'm having great difficulty. will you add me on fb already so I don't hog your thread? haha

Facebook isn't loading on my web browser app......I'll pm you my fb and you can add me so I can just use the app

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi sammyz12,

Thanks for this guide.

How does this guide affect the current custom rom and custom recovery that I already have on my optimus V?

i.e. I have a custom recovery already installed and a custom rom (harmonia 2).

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting

The module "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model\MTP\VM670.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80020009.

Do I just ignore that?

Im going to go ahead and guess that your on windows 7 64-bit... the generic installer does not work correctly. you have to register the dll manually. to do that, go to start, search cmd, right click cmd and run it as an administrator. when it opens, copy and paste this into the cmd window (your phone may have to be plugged in, not sure.)

regsvr32.exe "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model\MTP\VM670.dll

then press enter. it may take awhile but be patient. after its done, open up LGNPST and select the cab file. you may get an error, if you do Ill help you through that one to.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Im going to go ahead and guess that your on windows 7 64-bit... the generic installer does not work correctly. you have to register the dll manually. to do that, go to start, search cmd, right click cmd and run it as an administrator. when it opens, copy and paste this into the cmd window (your phone may have to be plugged in, not sure.)

regsvr32.exe "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model\MTP\VM670.dll

then press enter. it may take awhile but be patient. after its done, open up LGNPST and select the cab file. you may get an error, if you do Ill help you through that one to.

No, actually I'm windows 7 32 bit. it should work. I think the problem arises from the old lgnpst/lgnpst components/etc that I had from phatninja's unbrick guide from april. I tried uninstalling all of that, but it won't work. sammyz helping me to uninstalling using the admin account.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
We bought two of them off EBay (Thanks, Mr. Anonymous!) and I had to drive two hours both ways to get them at 1am. Fun times.

It was a good thing we did it that way, though, because we don't live in a 3G area and they wouldn't have been sold at local stores.

I run win7 64 bit I don't have problems at all with LGNPST.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Alright so I was able to get signal but no 3g. It's my Droid all over again:'(.

Gonna try DFS to get it back.:mad:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
No, actually I'm windows 7 32 bit. it should work. I think the problem arises from the old lgnpst/lgnpst components/etc that I had from phatninja's unbrick guide from april. I tried uninstalling all of that, but it won't work. sammyz helping me to uninstalling using the admin account.

i dont think that was the problem... I got that same exact error too, and Ive never used lgnpst before. Use the command I put on there and see if it works. It did for me. It will save you a lot of hassle.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, what are the benefits of ZVJ vs. ZVD?
I know that in ZVJ, hardware acceleration is broken(Netflix dev said this in an email sent to another AC user in the s forums)

sent from my un-dead sammich.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, what are the benefits of ZVJ vs. ZVD?
I know that in ZVJ, hardware acceleration is broken(Netflix dev said this in an email sent to another AC user in the s forums)

sent from my un-dead sammich.

OS ZVJ roms functional on ov

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Then again! Virgin Mobile has an Activate app. Try flashing Harmonia 1, activate if you can, go back to ZVJ rom.

I can't get this going. Keep getting an error at registering the ActiveX dll.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois