[GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to get data back? I didn't backup those keys as it wasn't in your old guide.

Did you save the nvs file from model/mtp? You should be able to use the unbrick guide to get back to vm firmware and then restore the nvs file from the data tab in lgnpst.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe I did. Correct me if I'm wrong. I still have reception, and 3G only when toggling back and fourth(meaning its still there hopefully) :p

Also, I can send/receive text.

If you are still able to get 3G at all then now we know that no one lost their AAA/HA keys. That was a close call. I need a VM phone or I need to teamview someone.

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
you may be able to get 1x. vmug33k is the ha password for all virgin mobile phones. That alone can get you 2g data. BUT before you do that

if you flash teh sprint rom and don't touch dfs or anything you can just downgrade the virgin mobile rom (radio and all) and then use the activate app to get data to work 100% and then backup your ha aaa keys.

On a side note I don't recommend lgnpst 1.3. Personal preference had a lot of issues with it

So we just need VM activation apps in a ZVD ROM?????

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I don't think I'm going to try that anymore haha :p I got back to zv9 on s firmware with all my radio functions and I'm bout to restore my quattrimus backup. I think the only think I could use zvj is for jb and since they have an alternative to that, I'm going to do that instead.

Reactions: topdawg661

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
There are some brave (or foolish ;) ) souls involved with these phones! I appreciate that you guys put your phones in real peril while pushing the limits of what can be done with these things. You all are slowly writing the technical manual that doesn't exist.

And also, thanks for letting me sit in to watch all the action!

Reactions: topdawg661

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
There are some brave (or foolish ;) ) souls involved with these phones! I appreciate that you guys put your phones in real peril while pushing the limits of what can be done with these things. You all are slowly writing the technical manual that doesn't exist.

And also, thanks for letting me sit in to watch all the action!

Rofl, I'm not done here, I will get data working on VM; if I can fix borked firmware, getting OS firmware working with VM shouldn't be too hard ;) I just gotta teamview/have a VM phone.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I would volunteer mine for the weekend, but I can't, I'll be out of town. Man that stuff is intense though. the profiles would not write on any programming utility I used! :mad:

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
This is some intense stuff I remember when I was scared to use gingerbreak! Lol this is even crazier :eek: haha I will try eventually

My customized tapatalk signature

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I would volunteer mine for the weekend, but I can't, I'll be out of town. Man that stuff is intense though. the profiles would not write on any programming utility I used! :mad:

Try it while in airplane mode.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
haha I'm already restored to quattrimus on zv9 :p but I don't know how that would do anything. While in a com port, you have no service anyway..

What? I have service while my phone is connected via COM PORT.....
You did flash this while in e-mode?? Right????

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE][WIP] Optimus V ZVJ

really? lucky! I never have service while I'm in com port. yes I did. and then I used the optimus s firmware guide from phatninja55 to update to zv9, root, install custom recovery, and restore my quattrimus backup.

Can I use that zvd fix for the cm10 if I'm on zv9? I don't quite understand what the fix does.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
really? lucky! I never have service while I'm in com port. yes I did. and then I used the optimus s firmware guide from phatninja55 to update to zv9, root, install custom recovery, and restore my quattrimus backup.

Can I use that zvd fix for the cm10 if I'm on zv9? I don't quite understand what the fix does.

ZVD firmware is similar to ZV5/4/9 firmware. But you will get a few more issues while running ZV9.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Converting from Virgin to another carrier is far easier than converting another phone to Virgin.

Most carriers use a standardized MMS system, you change a few key settings and everything works. Virgin on the other hand is quite different, which is why it needs a patch to work, and not every rom can be converted. In fact only a few can be converted TO Virgin.

It took devs months to make Virgin mms work on CM7 and AOSP for the Optimus V and it took a while to get ICS to work as well.

We are basically trying to convert an Optimus S to Virgin Mobile....
There is a way, we just got to find a way. I think we need to put the Activation app in an optimus S ZVD ROM.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
We are basically trying to convert an Optimus S to Virgin Mobile....
There is a way, we just got to find a way. I think we need to put the Activation app in an optimus S ZVD ROM.

That may not work, I think there is stuff buried into the rom to make it work. Libs and such you know?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

If your having trouble writing new profiles install anycut and create a shortcut called cdg2 then open it navigate to data/ppp/ and change the setting from sprinty to unknown. then misspell words.

Anyone know a good autoresigner to resign an entire rom (minus google s)

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Activate app doesn't open. It makes the reception get a X, and then it comes back.

But, any change pf a VM ZV#.bin?

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

If your having trouble writing new profiles install anycut and create a shortcut called cdg2 then open it navigate to data/ppp/ and change the setting from sprinty to unknown. then misspell words.

I actually changed my profiles using qpst. but it only worked after I changed up some things, can't remember what. can you change the ppp user id that way??? I think that's what was causing all the problems.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Also, how do you make this shortcut? it says make your own and then gives me Action, Data, and Type to fill out..

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
That may not work, I think there is stuff buried into the rom to make it work. Libs and such you know?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

I don't think our problem is libs.....I'm running 3G on my OV just fine....