Music lovers?

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Is there like a certain rom for music lovers? Like that makes listening to music better? Besides dsp manager or is that it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there like a certain rom for music lovers? Like that makes listening to music better? Besides dsp manager or is that it?

I believe gtr reloaded has beats and xloud built in.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Better quality with beats, louder volume with xloud

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Even though you can get those mods to work on most cm7 roms AKA G.B. i do agree that it does make a difference on the sound that comes out. Its worth trying out. I always flash Beats Audio on every ROM I have.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
GingerSnap, or GTR have mods, yes. Its recommended for Gamers and Music lovers. My battery dies awfully fast because I'm always listening to music and changing the song. Lol.

46a99c07-bc26-886c.jpg

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I was using GTR, but installed Gingersnap last week. Runs a lot smoother and has many of the features as GTR, including Beats. Battery consumption is also much better.

Playing music files stored on the phone typically doesn't use up much battery power. However, streaming apps such as Pandora, TuneIn, Spotify, etc. do use up a lot of battery.

bmckay

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the BobZhome gb Rom, but I flashed in Beats audio. Now I just need a functioning xloud zip or apk for this phone. The one that I tried broke everything because the build.prop was for a pecan phone.

Any help with this?

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I like this idea, but I wish people would realize Beats is a simple bass boosting gimmick. There should be some sort of rom for audiophiles, though.

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I like this idea, but I wish people would realize Beats is a simple bass boosting gimmick. There should be some sort of rom for audiophiles, though.

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

Beats is more than just a bass boost gimmick. It seems to do more than that. Once I put the script on my phone, I could hear much more dynamic range, clarity and wider stereo. Now, I don't know if this is all just a placebo effect, and nobody really knows exactly what it does, but I can definitely hear more of a difference, outside of the bass. And it sounds a lot better than any crappy equalizer app I've ever put on my phone (why do all those genre presets always sound so awful?).

As for an audiophile ROM, what can really be done? Unless you're listening to FLAC files on a phone with tons of storage (you'll need it!), you're still listening to compressed files and low bitrate audio streaming from Pandora, IHeart, etc. Not the kind of thing that panders to audiophiles.

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, DSP is really all you need. And I'd your a music lover you probably have decent headphones anyway.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
So is Pandora not compatible?????? I use to have it on my ov, forgot to save it when I erased my SD card. Went back to download and says not compatible.....( same with I heart radio, but all other apps are compatible)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I made a modded pair of headphones specifically made for clear bass and noise cancellation, what headphones you use really do have a lot to do with it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow lots of comments. :eek: haha well I'm a broke music lover :/ (work at lil ceazers) so I only have iPod earphones >_< but I'm trying to make my speakers I plug my phone into sound better with the equalizer on my phone. Or really anything that will help.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
A modded pair of headphones? Mind sharing? :)

My recent headphones grew a short last night. :(

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

All it takes is a soldering iron, krazy glue, the two headphones you wanna use for the mod, and patience. I learned it from YouTube tutorials, it's so simple! My first mod was a pair of Skullcandy buds on an iPhone headset with the mic and remote, worked flawlessly. And then I replaced the buds on some Sony headphones with some Skullcandy buds from a more expensive pair my older brother broke, the buds were still good, the only messed up part was the piece you plug in. I swear they made that part extremely cheap on purpose. Anyways, I used the mod on the Sony headphones for the mic and remote combo again, but mainly for the L-shaped connector since it's tough to mess up. I've had that pair for a couple of months now, I'm still using it. Seriously tho it's worthwhile. If I get my hands on a messed up pair of Bose headphones, I'll be thrilled.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech