Tried every ICS, CM9, AOKP, Godzilla, BobzHome. reboot with OC.

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have flashed back to a cm7 for the time being. GTR cm7 ( a mirage port) and love it! I miss some aspects of ICS tho. I have no issues over clocking with CM7 roms but couldn't OC not one of the ICS ones. Smh. Until a cooked release debuts I guess I'm outta ICS luck. Maybe I could of tried another ICS kernel?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have flashed back to a cm7 for the time being. GTR cm7 ( a mirage port) and love it! I miss some aspects of ICS tho. I have no issues over clocking with CM7 roms but couldn't OC not one of the ICS ones. Smh. Until a cooked release debuts I guess I'm outta ICS luck. Maybe I could of tried another ICS kernel?

Are you on ZV9 firmware?

Sent from my Optimus M

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Tried every ICS, CM9, AOKP, Godzilla, BobzHome. reboot with O

And another overclock thread. First off ICS is still in beta so it's not fully functional yet. Secondly , try 600/480 people are stable at those speeds. Thirdly, OVs overclock different than others.

Sorry if it seems like I'm mad. Had a long day.

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
With file explorer go to
Sys/devices/soc/soc0
Find file build_I'd view it

Some roms just show baseband as unknown, nothing bad

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Wait I found it but it says no camera and I need that :( also you used Bobz kernel and so if his ROM rebooted on me with over clock then this one probably would too. Or would it lol?

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Wait I found it but it says no camera and I need that :( also you used Bobz kernel and so if his ROM rebooted on me with over clock then this one probably would too. Or would it lol?

This is an older kernel. And the reboots aren't nessicarily caused by kernel. But it probably is.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

None of the above posts that I removed were necessary.

Telling a user to search isn't the answer to a question.

The ROM threads are generally very heavy and hard to sort through, especially for a new user.

If you don't want to help, then feel free to move on to a different thread.

That being said, here's a little related insider info: the Tapatalk backend for the forum was updated today, so it now features a MUCH more capable Search function. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: irish-68

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
The purpose is to help, asking if he had zv9 was valid?, so was replying how to find it( with two different ways) giving another rom to try, to see if it'd help his problem was valid too. The only thing you've added was the search option is updated. Its called problem solving. The problem was oc on ics roms and others, so baseband and different roms can cause instability, so trying to find a cause before putting it on the phone is valid

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

The posts I was referring to were the 3 above mine that have since been removed.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
The purpose is to help, asking if he had zv9 was valid?, so was replying how to find it( with two different ways) giving another rom to try, to see if it'd help his problem was valid too. The only thing you've added was the search option is updated. Its called problem solving. The problem was oc on ics roms and others, so baseband and different roms can cause instability, so trying to find a cause before putting it on the phone is valid

Probably not a good idea to talk down to a mod. If he does something, I'm sure he has a damn good reason.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a froyo rom, just to see if you can oc with stock os I've seen ice and gb based on froyo, might let you Oc, then you will know if its your phone. Which sucks, believe me I got two that wont oc

Last edited:

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a froyo rom, just to see if you can oc with stock os I've seen ice and gb based on froyo, might let you Oc, then you will know if its your phone. Which sucks, believe me I got two that wont oc

I am actually running GTR a CM7 GB ROM and overclock with no probs, did it on BACKside iho rom with no probs also. Thinking its only ICS roms so far.

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea, ics is a complete different animal, my one ov wont even run it unclocked, but that ones been brick 4 times( its my experiment phone) so I'm sure something is compromised on it