Lg Optimus V Stuck On Recovery Please Help

oz_car

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello i recently unrooted my optimus v using gingerbreak
i thought that since i did this i could factory reset BIGGEST mistake ive ever made :'(
i need help my phone is stuck in recovery mode
"CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5"
i have tried using Xionia recovery but i cant seem to unzip it dont know what im doing wrong or what i am not doing
im confused please help me
ive tried so many guides on what to do when you get stuck there but i still dont understand
what can i do

Thanks

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
i thought that since i did this i could factory reset BIGGEST mistake ive ever made :'(
i have tried using Xionia recovery but i cant seem to unzip it dont know what im doing wrong or what i am not doing
ive tried so many guides on what to do when you get stuck there but i still dont understand
what can i do

Thanks

See the second post on sammyz unbrick guide. In the stickies

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: oz_car

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
See the second post on sammyz unbrick guide. In the stickies

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

If he's stuck in cwm recovery the ports are closed and lgnpst won't be able to communicate with the phone.

what can i do

Thanks

If you downloaded the flashable zip of Xionia recovery then your problem is you tried to unzip it. You need to put it on the root of your SD card and flash it with cwm.... Really though Xionia is getting old I'd recommend cannibal recovery there's a thread for it in this forum and it does come in a flashable zip. Anyways under the advanced menu of cannibal or Xionia recovery there is an option to fix boot loop this is what you need.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Dante Rom

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Noooo, don't do the unbrick method. That's not what you need. You're going through what's called a recovery boot loop. You need to install a different recovery.
Download Cannibal Recovery. It has an option to stop recovery boot loop. Grab the one that says alternate zip installer. First, rename it to simply Cannibal, and put it on the root(top level of your sdcard, not in any folders).
boot into your recovery, install zip from sdcard, choose zip and choose Cannibal.zip. If it works, reboot into recovery and you should have a different recovery-Cannibal.
Once it works correctly, you're going to want to transfer a fresh rom over to your phone. If it needs gapps, transfer that over too. If you can mount the sdcard and transfer files over, that's fine, or you may need to adb push them. Just ask if you can't seem to move files over. Next, you will wipe the everything but the sdcard. Then you'll want to flash the rom and gapps but DON'T REBOOT YET. Go into advanced and click stop recovery boot loop. and then you should boot up just fine. :)

Ahhh, Wraith ninja'd me.

she-wolf

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Noooo, don't do the unbrick method. That's not what you need. You're going through what's called a recovery boot loop. You need to install a different recovery.
Download Cannibal Recovery. It has an option to stop recovery boot loop. Grab the one that says alternate zip installer. First, rename it to simply Cannibal, and put it on the root(top level of your sdcard, not in any folders).
boot into your recovery, install zip from sdcard, choose zip and choose Cannibal.zip. If it works, reboot into recovery and you should have a different recovery-Cannibal.
Once it works correctly, you're going to want to transfer a fresh rom over to your phone. If it needs gapps, transfer that over too. If you can mount the sdcard and transfer files over, that's fine, or you may need to adb push them. Just ask if you can't seem to move files over. Next, you will wipe the everything but the sdcard. Then you'll want to flash the rom and gapps but DON'T REBOOT YET. Go into advanced and click stop recovery boot loop. and then you should boot up just fine. :)

Ahhh, Wraith ninja'd me.

Hello, first off, thanks for the info on how to save this phone but how does one go about transferring the Cannibal zip file into the SD card? I'm a newbie here as well as with the Android and I'm also stuck on this CWM Recovery menu however I don't know how to access my SD Card on the PC while I'm stuck in this CWM menu.

Sorry to bring up this topic again.

Thanks,
She-Wolf

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello, first off, thanks for the info on how to save this phone but how does one go about transferring the Cannibal zip file into the SD card? I'm a newbie here as well as with the Android and I'm also stuck on this CWM Recovery menu however I don't know how to access my SD Card on the PC while I'm stuck in this CWM menu.

Sorry to bring up this topic again.

Thanks,
She-Wolf

Either take the sdcard out and put it in a card reader on a pc or mount usb mass storage under mounts and storage. There's also adb push but that's a little more advanced. Phatninja55 also has romtools that I belive can help. (never used myself)

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Dante Rom

aaronread

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks, I am a reasonably intrepid broadcast engineer, and I have successfully rooted my Samsung Galaxy Prevail using Odin. But I attempted to root my wife's LG Optimus V (VM670 from Virgin Mobile) and all hell has broken loose.

First I tried the One Click Root method detailed here. At some point I didn't read the instructions right and I elected to wipe my phone. That put the phone into a CWM Recovery boot mode loop. I managed to get Cannibal 1.2 on the sdcard and run it, and then wiped the phone and the cache, and then installed (via the install from ZIP on sdcard) the Optimus V Stock ROM from here. I also installed Gapps from 20120116. Finally, I drilled into the advanced options on Cannibal and got it out of the recovery mode boot loop.

Upon next boot loop, some success...the phone didn't go into recovery mode, and it played the little VM startup music. But the display is empty (you can tell the screen is backlit, but it's a blank black screen). Nothing really seems to work, either...pressing the volume up/down buttons does cause a volume up/down noise, albeit on a noticeable delay. Connecting the USB cord to my WinXP desktop does make the desktop recognize a device has been connected, but since the phone is not default-set to USB storage mode, I can't get into it via My Computer or anything.

I'm at something of a loss here. Not seeing any description of symptoms via Google searches on the desktop, but I suspect I'm also just not understanding what I'm seeing, either. Most of this stuff is pretty intimidating to me and I have a very unhappy wife at the moment. All she wanted was to get rid of the bloatware that was crashing the phone 3 or 4 times a day. (sigh)

Would gratefully welcome any and all suggestions about reviving this little beast!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks, I am a reasonably intrepid broadcast engineer, and I have successfully rooted my Samsung Galaxy Prevail using Odin. But I attempted to root my wife's LG Optimus V (VM670 from Virgin Mobile) and all hell has broken loose.

First I tried the One Click Root method detailed here. At some point I didn't read the instructions right and I elected to wipe my phone. That put the phone into a CWM Recovery boot mode loop. I managed to get Cannibal 1.2 on the sdcard and run it, and then wiped the phone and the cache, and then installed (via the install from ZIP on sdcard) the Optimus V Stock ROM from here. I also installed Gapps from 20120116. Finally, I drilled into the advanced options on Cannibal and got it out of the recovery mode boot loop.

Upon next boot loop, some success...the phone didn't go into recovery mode, and it played the little VM startup music. But the display is empty (you can tell the screen is backlit, but it's a blank black screen). Nothing really seems to work, either...pressing the volume up/down buttons does cause a volume up/down noise, albeit on a noticeable delay. Connecting the USB cord to my WinXP desktop does make the desktop recognize a device has been connected, but since the phone is not default-set to USB storage mode, I can't get into it via My Computer or anything.

I'm at something of a loss here. Not seeing any description of symptoms via Google searches on the desktop, but I suspect I'm also just not understanding what I'm seeing, either. Most of this stuff is pretty intimidating to me and I have a very unhappy wife at the moment. All she wanted was to get rid of the bloatware that was crashing the phone 3 or 4 times a day. (sigh)

Would gratefully welcome any and all suggestions about reviving this little beast!

Sounds like you have a 2.2.1 rom on a 2.2.2 phone. They changed the screen when they released the 2.2.2 version. So everything probably is working you just can't see it. Can you get back to recovery to flash a different rom

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Baseband on Mandylion IHO ROM

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have a 2.2.1 rom on a 2.2.2 phone. They changed the screen when they released the 2.2.2 version. So everything probably is working you just can't see it. Can you get back to recovery to flash a different rom

Volume down + home + power from powered off also if it's going to be rooted anyway you may as well put one of the roms found on this forum on it for WAY better performance and they support both screens

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Overdrive is a good one if you want stock based there are quite a few to choose from you should look around the forums some and check them out. You did say it's your wife's phone right? Maybe harmonia 2 would be good. It's cm7 with as much removed as possible. Android 2.3.7 gingerbread any of the IHO ROMs are good choices. @sammy while I love ics we have to remember beta isn't for everyone.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ HydroROM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke