Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

Default Re: How to restore original nandroid lable

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    What I'm about to say is going to upset some, but here I go. You can name a backup anything you want if you use.........ROM Manager. It will get the MD5 sum right. You still can't have any spaces though.
    For further info on what YOU can do, and what you need to avoid doing, read this:
    I have the Premium version just to keep the thread up to date. Everything is true and correct and up to date.
    Quit being scared of ROM Manager. It does have some very good functions, like: Being able to rename and delete a backup, downloading the latest Gapps,etc. Everything is spelled out in my thread.
    I personally don't think the premium version is worth buying, but, it will allow you to do automatic backups if your a flash-a-holic. You can also use the premium version to flash any ROM if you first download obijohn's update_wiper_1.3.zip and put on the sd card. These are things much better left to doing manually, hence no need to pay the $5.00+ the dev want's for the premium version.
    This thread has started about a few days ago, I think
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/vir...ush-koush.html

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Whenever I rename a backup, all I would
    do is something like AOKP2012-08-05-02:08:56
    Basically just add a "tag" before the date/time that helps me remember what ROM it is. And I just rename it in a standard file manager, and have yet to run into any issues.
    I tend to keep 1 nandroid per ROM, and if I update a ROM, I make a new updated nandroid, rename its folder, and delete the old one.
    Since I use Quattrimus AOKP, CM10 ZVJ JellyBean(with my JB super fix patch), and a slimmed personally edited stock(for Netflix), I tag each respectively; "AOKP", "JELLY", "STOCK".
    And I use all 3 quite frequently, all on COT LS670 recovery.

sent from my Zom-Bean.
    Optimus S patch threadOptimus V patch thread
    My band (Awake and Aroused)
    Need a new boot animation? Have a suggestion? Or a request?
    Boot Animation Thread

I renamed the two I have to "original" and "harmonia" and have restored from both nps.

Sent via AC on my OV w/ Harmonia2 :-)

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    What I'm about to say is going to upset some, but here I go. You can name a backup anything you want if you use.........ROM Manager. It will get the MD5 sum right. You still can't have any spaces though.
    For further info on what YOU can do, and what you need to avoid doing, read this:
    I have the Premium version just to keep the thread up to date. Everything is true and correct and up to date.
    Quit being scared of ROM Manager. It does have some very good functions, like: Being able to rename and delete a backup, downloading the latest Gapps,etc. Everything is spelled out in my thread.
    I personally don't think the premium version is worth buying, but, it will allow you to do automatic backups if your a flash-a-holic. You can also use the premium version to flash any ROM if you first download obijohn's update_wiper_1.3.zip and put on the sd card. These are things much better left to doing manually, hence no need to pay the $5.00+ the dev want's for the premium version.
    You have to flash the recovery from manager uses to use any of its functions. So yes, keep being scared of rom manager.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Guess whos coming back!

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Quote Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
    You have to flash the recovery from manager uses to use any of its functions. So yes, keep being scared of rom manager.

Only the V's with the S screen will run into issues with ROM Manager's recovery.
    I used ROM manager to flash its recovery back when I was a noob, and used it up till JerryScript made his own Recover mod(currently using ls670 cannibal).
    I didn't have any issues with that recovery, except for its color scheme.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    Boot Animation Thread

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by nitestalkr View Post
    Only the V's with the S screen will run into issues with ROM Manager's recovery.
    I used ROM manager to flash its recovery back when I was a noob, and used it up till JerryScript made his own Recover mod(currently using ls670 cannibal).
    I didn't have any issues with that recovery, except for its color scheme.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    Which is most.

Guess whos coming back!

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Quote Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
    Which is most.

But not all.
    I don't support, nor endorse the use of ROM manager at all, despite it can be useful to some, in fact, I'm against it 100%.
    Same with ROM toolbox, both do have SOME usefulness, but other than that, its best to do everything manually, with exception of some things.

sent from my Zom-"Bean"(AOSP JellyBean).
    Boot Animation Thread
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Re: How to restore original nandroid lable

Easiest fix for me was to make a blank text document and rename to nandroid.md5 (0 byte) inserted into the backup folder.
    This way CWM bypasses md5 check and restore your backups immediately
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12