How to restore original nandroid lable

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Any other ideas or should i just reflash the rom i want?

Change the file name. Erase the star so that it reads .img instead of *.img Close any spaces or fill them with an under score _ or a dash. Then try it. instead of a file reading 2012 04 29, it needs to read 2012-04-29, 2012_04_29, or 20120429

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: androidalais

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
What I'm about to say is going to upset some, but here I go. You can name a backup anything you want if you use.........ROM Manager. It will get the MD5 sum right. You still can't have any spaces though.
For further info on what YOU can do, and what you need to avoid doing, read this: The Truth About ROM Manager
I have the Premium version just to keep the thread up to date. Everything is true and correct and up to date.
Quit being scared of ROM Manager. It does have some very good functions, like: Being able to rename and delete a backup, downloading the latest Gapps,etc. Everything is spelled out in my thread.
I personally don't think the premium version is worth buying, but, it will allow you to do automatic backups if your a flash-a-holic. You can also use the premium version to flash any ROM if you first download obijohn's update_wiper_1.3.zip and put on the sd card. These are things much better left to doing manually, hence no need to pay the $5.00+ the dev want's for the premium version.

Last edited:

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
What I'm about to say is going to upset some, but here I go. You can name a backup anything you want if you use.........ROM Manager. It will get the MD5 sum right. You still can't have any spaces though.
For further info on what YOU can do, and what you need to avoid doing, read this: The Truth About ROM Manager
I have the Premium version just to keep the thread up to date. Everything is true and correct and up to date.
Quit being scared of ROM Manager. It does have some very good functions, like: Being able to rename and delete a backup, downloading the latest Gapps,etc. Everything is spelled out in my thread.
I personally don't think the premium version is worth buying, but, it will allow you to do automatic backups if your a flash-a-holic. You can also use the premium version to flash any ROM if you first download obijohn's update_wiper_1.3.zip and put on the sd card. These are things much better left to doing manually, hence no need to pay the $5.00+ the dev want's for the premium version.

Not dissin the Rom Manager or anything but the last time i used it i had to reflash my recovery because it gave me the black screen.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

This thread has started about a few days ago, I think
http://forums.androidcentral.com/virgin-mobile-optimus-v/195098-operation-krush-koush.html

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I rename a backup, all I would
do is something like AOKP2012-08-05-02:08:56
Basically just add a "tag" before the date/time that helps me remember what ROM it is. And I just rename it in a standard file manager, and have yet to run into any issues.
I tend to keep 1 nandroid per ROM, and if I update a ROM, I make a new updated nandroid, rename its folder, and delete the old one.
Since I use Quattrimus AOKP, CM10 ZVJ JellyBean(with my JB super fix patch), and a slimmed personally edited stock(for Netflix), I tag each respectively; "AOKP", "JELLY", "STOCK".
And I use all 3 quite frequently, all on COT LS670 recovery.

sent from my Zom-Bean.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

You have to flash the recovery from manager uses to use any of its functions. So yes, keep being scared of rom manager.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You have to flash the recovery from manager uses to use any of its functions. So yes, keep being scared of rom manager.

Only the V's with the S screen will run into issues with ROM Manager's recovery.
I used ROM manager to flash its recovery back when I was a noob, and used it up till JerryScript made his own Recover mod(currently using ls670 cannibal).
I didn't have any issues with that recovery, except for its color scheme.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Only the V's with the S screen will run into issues with ROM Manager's recovery.
I used ROM manager to flash its recovery back when I was a noob, and used it up till JerryScript made his own Recover mod(currently using ls670 cannibal).
I didn't have any issues with that recovery, except for its color scheme.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

Which is most.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Which is most.

But not all. :p
I don't support, nor endorse the use of ROM manager at all, despite it can be useful to some, in fact, I'm against it 100%.
Same with ROM toolbox, both do have SOME usefulness, but other than that, its best to do everything manually, with exception of some things.

sent from my Zom-"Bean"(AOSP JellyBean).

Reactions: sellers86

wildta2000

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Easiest fix for me was to make a blank text document and rename to nandroid.md5 (0 byte) inserted into the backup folder.
This way CWM bypasses md5 check and restore your backups immediately

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513