Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP beta 2

Default How to restore original nandroid lable

I changed the names of my nandroid backups in hopes to lable them so i knew which one was which and now when i try to do a restore it says .md5 mismatch and won't restore. How can i get the original names for the nandroid backup. I have 4 of them and i want to get all the original names. Anyone know how to help?

Thanks,
    androidalais

ROM
    Quattrimus CM9

Default Re: How to restore original nandroid lable

Quote Originally Posted by androidalais View Post
    I changed the names of my nandroid backups in hopes to lable them so i knew which one was which and now when i try to do a restore it says .md5 mismatch and won't restore. How can i get the original names for the nandroid backup. I have 4 of them and i want to get all the original names. Anyone know how to help?

Thanks,
    androidalais
    Actually changing the file name of the backup doesn't affect the MD5. It's perfectly safe to do so. Did you recently do an ota update or change which recovery you were using?

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by strabo231 View Post
    Actually changing the file name of the backup doesn't affect the MD5. It's perfectly safe to do so. Did you recently do an ota update or change which recovery you were using?
    Are you sure about that? I'm sure that I've read something before about not changing the filenames of nandroid backups.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    This space intentionally left blank.

ROM
    AOKP Beta 2 (thanks TDM)

I always change mine. I I just add a few letters before the date with no spaces and have never had any issues on any of mine.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk to here.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have read that it causes an MD5 mismatch as well, but am having trouble finding a solution at the moment.
    --Chris [cole2kb]
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just read something that says removing the spaces could fix the mismatch. If you added spaces to the name, try removing them.
    --Chris [cole2kb]

ROM
    Quattrimus CM9

Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    Are you sure about that? I'm sure that I've read something before about not changing the filenames of nandroid backups. I do know that changing recoveries or versions of the same and trying to use a backup from another version always causes mismatch unless you revert back to whatever recovery the backup was originally produced with

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Never seen that. Change them all the time. Haven't had a problem restoring any backups.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Changes Daily

I think i read somewhere about using spaces in the name of can cause issues

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Dante Rom
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP beta 2

Nope. Right now i'm still using an older cwm recovery because the newer ones won't work and im using the optimuswiz rom. Could it be the rom? I have been having alot of problems with it which is why i want to restore my last one.

ROM
    BOBZ CM9

I've changed names on backups and it caused md5 error, have tried it multiple time,ways, and roms, always says md5 error

Try copying the cwm folder to your computer, delete it on the SD card, and copy it back. That works for some people.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

If your sure there is nothing wrong with the backup, boot into recovery and do this:
    use adb for this.
    adb shell
    You should now see ~ #:
    Read the red, and change it.
    replace <nameofbackup> with the folder your backup is in.

cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/<nameofbackup>/
    rm -rf nandroid.md5
    md5sum *img > nandroid.md5

Then restore the backup =D
    Last edited by Phatninja55; 07-31-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP beta 2

This is what i get every time. i changed my file name to the folder name and this is still what i get. i even tried it without the .md5 at the end of nandroid4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to restore original nandroid lable-capture2.png  

ROM
    AOKP 4.1.1

If nandroid4 is the name of your backup, your file path is incorrect. It should be sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/nandroid4/nandroid.md5. Try that and see if it works.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You need to pay attention to your spacing. You are typing md5sum*img>nandroid.md5

You want to type md5sum *.img > nandroid.md5
    --Chris [cole2kb]
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Oh but it does. Any weird characters or spaces will throw you a md5 mismatch. Not sure why but it does. For example, the name ice cream sandwich would not work. Icescreamsandwich would.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Guess whos coming back!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP beta 2

still does the same thing. are there any spaces in the first part?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP beta 2

Any other ideas or should i just reflash the rom i want?

That should work. If you need help I could use teamveiwer to help you.

Pm me or invite me on gtalk.

ROM
    Quattrimus CM9

Quote Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
    Oh but it does. Any weird characters or spaces will throw you a md5 mismatch. Not sure why but it does. For example, the name ice cream sandwich would not work. Icescreamsandwich would.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Weird characters or blank spaces yes, but I feel like that is common sense to a point. You run across that problem anywhere...android, pc files, usernames, passwords...That's a pretty widely documented don't. Changing the name in the correct format doesn't render the backup useless.

ROM
    Quattrimus CM9

Change the file name. Erase the star so that it reads .img instead of *.img Close any spaces or fill them with an under score _ or a dash. Then try it. instead of a file reading 2012 04 29, it needs to read 2012-04-29, 2012_04_29, or 20120429

Last edited by strabo231; 08-02-2012 at 01:10 AM.
    Thanked by:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP beta 2

I got it fixed. I just replaced the folder name with a random date ex.2012-4-9 and the md5 lable with nandroid

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

What I'm about to say is going to upset some, but here I go. You can name a backup anything you want if you use.........ROM Manager. It will get the MD5 sum right. You still can't have any spaces though.
    For further info on what YOU can do, and what you need to avoid doing, read this:
    I have the Premium version just to keep the thread up to date. Everything is true and correct and up to date.
    Quit being scared of ROM Manager. It does have some very good functions, like: Being able to rename and delete a backup, downloading the latest Gapps,etc. Everything is spelled out in my thread.
    I personally don't think the premium version is worth buying, but, it will allow you to do automatic backups if your a flash-a-holic. You can also use the premium version to flash any ROM if you first download obijohn's update_wiper_1.3.zip and put on the sd card. These are things much better left to doing manually, hence no need to pay the $5.00+ the dev want's for the premium version.
    Last edited by AndyOpie150; 08-02-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    Thanked by:
    A-android-B likes this.

ROM
    Quattrimus CM9

I got it fixed. I just replaced the folder name with a random date ex.2012-4-9 and the md5 lable with nandroid
    awesome. Glad to see you got it straight.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP beta 2

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    What I'm about to say is going to upset some, but here I go. You can name a backup anything you want if you use.........ROM Manager. It will get the MD5 sum right. You still can't have any spaces though.
    For further info on what YOU can do, and what you need to avoid doing, read this:
    I have the Premium version just to keep the thread up to date. Everything is true and correct and up to date.
    Quit being scared of ROM Manager. It does have some very good functions, like: Being able to rename and delete a backup, downloading the latest Gapps,etc. Everything is spelled out in my thread.
    I personally don't think the premium version is worth buying, but, it will allow you to do automatic backups if your a flash-a-holic. You can also use the premium version to flash any ROM if you first download obijohn's update_wiper_1.3.zip and put on the sd card. These are things much better left to doing manually, hence no need to pay the $5.00+ the dev want's for the premium version.
    Not dissin the Rom Manager or anything but the last time i used it i had to reflash my recovery because it gave me the black screen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast