How to restore original nandroid lable

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I changed the names of my nandroid backups in hopes to lable them so i knew which one was which and now when i try to do a restore it says .md5 mismatch and won't restore. How can i get the original names for the nandroid backup. I have 4 of them and i want to get all the original names. Anyone know how to help?

Thanks,
androidalais

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I changed the names of my nandroid backups in hopes to lable them so i knew which one was which and now when i try to do a restore it says .md5 mismatch and won't restore. How can i get the original names for the nandroid backup. I have 4 of them and i want to get all the original names. Anyone know how to help?

Thanks,
androidalais

Actually changing the file name of the backup doesn't affect the MD5. It's perfectly safe to do so. Did you recently do an ota update or change which recovery you were using?

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Actually changing the file name of the backup doesn't affect the MD5. It's perfectly safe to do so. Did you recently do an ota update or change which recovery you were using?

Are you sure about that? I'm sure that I've read something before about not changing the filenames of nandroid backups.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

poweredge99

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I always change mine. I I just add a few letters before the date with no spaces and have never had any issues on any of mine.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk ? to here.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Just read something that says removing the spaces could fix the mismatch. If you added spaces to the name, try removing them.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure about that? I'm sure that I've read something before about not changing the filenames of nandroid backups. I do know that changing recoveries or versions of the same and trying to use a backup from another version always causes mismatch unless you revert back to whatever recovery the backup was originally produced with

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Never seen that. Change them all the time. Haven't had a problem restoring any backups.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I think i read somewhere about using spaces in the name of can cause issues

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Dante Rom

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site

Nope. Right now i'm still using an older cwm recovery because the newer ones won't work and im using the optimuswiz rom. Could it be the rom? I have been having alot of problems with it which is why i want to restore my last one.

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I've changed names on backups and it caused md5 error, have tried it multiple time,ways, and roms, always says md5 error

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Try copying the cwm folder to your computer, delete it on the SD card, and copy it back. That works for some people.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
If your sure there is nothing wrong with the backup, boot into recovery and do this:
use adb for this.
adb shell
You should now see ~ #:
Read the red, and change it.
replace <nameofbackup> with the folder your backup is in.

cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/<nameofbackup>/
rm -rf nandroid.md5
md5sum *img > nandroid.md5

Then restore the backup =D

Last edited:

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
This is what i get every time. i changed my file name to the folder name and this is still what i get. i even tried it without the .md5 at the end of nandroid4

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If nandroid4 is the name of your backup, your file path is incorrect. It should be sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/nandroid4/nandroid.md5. Try that and see if it works.

Reactions: Phatninja55

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Oh but it does. Any weird characters or spaces will throw you a md5 mismatch. Not sure why but it does. For example, the name ice cream sandwich would not work. Icescreamsandwich would.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh but it does. Any weird characters or spaces will throw you a md5 mismatch. Not sure why but it does. For example, the name ice cream sandwich would not work. Icescreamsandwich would.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Weird characters or blank spaces yes, but I feel like that is common sense to a point. You run across that problem anywhere...android, pc files, usernames, passwords...That's a pretty widely documented don't. Changing the name in the correct format doesn't render the backup useless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781