[GUIDE] Unbrick/Upgrade Optimus V [EASY] [KDZ]

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
This made my phone even more broken :( I can't even get into the factory reset data wipe screen now.

The KDZ_FW_UPD.exe just kept trying to write rom over and over again, it went on doing that for an hour, I had to pull the cable and battery.

Now if I try to use it again I get
Error

Every time even when following the instructions in OP

The phone is stuck in the emergency down load screen, even when it's not plugged in and after many battery pulls.

Is it just hopelessly broken now, or can it still be fixed in some way.

It can still be fixed in some way. I'll have to look at it after church, I'll do it for you.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2

peteszerszen

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Simply incredible...

But for those who encountered errors, keep trying. I honestly was about to relegate my phone to a paperweight, but after trying and re-trying this a few times, I seem to be completely back to a stock ROM as if it just rolled off the line. I thought it was completely hopeless.

Not knowing much about the rooting process, I took a stab at it (I believe it was called the IHO-style ROM). While I was hoping for an improvement, this ROM made the phone almost unbearable. Massive lag, constant crashing, 0.05Mbps download speeds, and it got so hot I thought it was going to catch fire. When it was no longer able to sync to my Google account, the phone recommended I do a factory reset from "Privacy" under settings. Forgetting that I couldn't do this, I did it anyway and ended up stuck in a boot loop with the CWM recovery.

I managed to get out of the CWM recovery, but then I couldn't get back into it, and everytime I rebooted the phone, it re-installed the IHO ROM back to default.

Needless to say, after about 6 hours and a dozen different posts, this is the only one that did anything at all to help, and I couldn't be more thrilled. After running the software update per your instructions 3 or 4 times, the phone just magically booted up into the stock ROM, just as if I had just taken it out of the box from the store.

So thank you very much, and to any inexperienced users out there thinking about rooting this phone, DON'T!!! As my Pops always said "A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush". I will take the stock VM ROM anyday over anything else.

Kudos!

-Pete

wesleywarren

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I am green at this, so take it easy on me :eek:

I have an optimus v that is stuck in a quattrimus boot. Would this be considered a "brick'' situation? I tried to restore it to stock to sell it. I am stuck at step one on your unbrick. How do you install "LGUnited...."? I loaded all the files on my sd card, I go into recovery mode, then I go to "install zip from sd card"? When I do that the file doesn't show. How do you install the 1st file of your process on your phone?

Thanks!

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I am green at this, so take it easy on me :eek:

I have an optimus v that is stuck in a quattrimus boot. Would this be considered a "brick'' situation? I tried to restore it to stock to sell it. I am stuck at step one on your unbrick. How do you install "LGUnited...."? I loaded all the files on my sd card, I go into recovery mode, then I go to "install zip from sd card"? When I do that the file doesn't show. How do you install the 1st file of your process on your phone?

Thanks!

First of all,quattrimus takes up to 10 minutes to boot the first time.

Second, you need a computer to do this......................download and open files with a computer.

mastfire

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
This made my phone even more broken :( I can't even get into the factory reset data wipe screen now.

The KDZ_FW_UPD.exe just kept trying to write rom over and over again, it went on doing that for an hour, I had to pull the cable and battery.

Now if I try to use it again I get
Error

Every time even when following the instructions in OP

The phone is stuck in the emergency down load screen, even when it's not plugged in and after many battery pulls.

Is it just hopelessly broken now, or can it still be fixed in some way.

I am having the same problem to

wesleywarren

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
First of all,quattrimus takes up to 10 minutes to boot the first time.

Second, you need a computer to do this......................download and open files with a computer.

Thanks

How long should step 8 usually take (launch software update)?

wesleywarren

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
"3. Connect phone in recovery mode (Phone off> Volume Down + Home key)(This will not work with certain recoveries, in that case you will need your MSL code here and then dial ##PORT# and enter MSL code (aka SPC code))"

How do I know I'm connected? I launch the sw update then it gets to unpack ZD5, I let it stay that way for 30 mins, 10 mins and 7 mins on three different trys. I get to my recovery mode by holding down home, volume up and power. I tried it that way, and I tried it the way listed above.

What am I doing wrong?

Robertdol

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I've followed this to step 10. Then I get an error that says it cannot unpack the file.

I followed on with the balance of the steps but nothing changed.

When I power on the Optimus V, it just goes to the white LG logo and hangs.

What should I try next?

Thanks in advance for your help.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I've followed this to step 10. Then I get an error that says it cannot unpack the file.

I followed on with the balance of the steps but nothing changed.

When I power on the Optimus V, it just goes to the white LG logo and hangs.

What should I try next?

Thanks in advance for your help.

It has to be in emode. Follow step 3

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Robertdol

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It has to be in emode. Follow step 3

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, got it unbricked!!!

Finally went to my laptop and installed everything fresh from there.

Also, I had to use the following from Upgrade/Downgrade/Return to stock directions:

5. In type, choose 3GQCT
6. In Phonemode, choose DIAG

In step 5, I had to set it to CDMA. Then it all came back alive.
Without these steps, I was stuck in Emergency Mode regardless of what I
did.

Thanks for all your hard work. Major lifesaver for me.

Last edited:

ryan48073

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Sammy, Your a life saver. Tryed to "fix" my wifes phone, bricked it, keeped reloading the ROM everytime the phone was turned off and on. Needless to say your guide worked.
Thanks Again

G.Monroy.92

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have done this for several times now and I get well along into the software update. and i get the error message and then i take the battery out and put it back it. Then it runs for a while the it gets to the reset phone part and the phone gets stuck on the recovery. from there the phone is stuck on that and even if i take the battery out and simply turn it back in it just turns on in recovery.

I have done it like 10 times now with the same result.

Any help? My phone wont wont mount the sd card so i cant install another recovery. i have tried with 3 sd cards now and it wont work. Any help will be well appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol