Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 71
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    anthonycr's Avatar
    Themer. You've seen them

    Posts
    2,117 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default [APP] Recovery Flasher Utility


    Spurred on by the discussion over Rom Manager soft-bricking phones and the fact that I had never flashed the Cannibal Recovery and was feeling like flashing it the easy complicated way, I decided to make an app that tries to make it painfully simple to flash a recovery.




    The Recovery Flasher Utility

    Screenshots:


    Directions:

    1. Download the App.

    2. Download a compatible recovery.

    3. Put the recovery on the root of your sdcard/external storage.

    4. Rename the recovery to "recovery.img" (IN ALL LOWERCASE).

    5. Fire up the app and install. (This app should work for pretty much every phone)

    6. Reboot to recovery and benefit.


    Code:
    #include
    //I'm not responsible if you flash an incompatible recovery
    //or decide to use Rom Manager because you think this sucks
    //or jump off any bridges
    //Most of all, follow the rules
    //and be kind to noobs, remember that what you are not you once were
    
    using namespace std
    
    int main()
    {  ProceedWithoutFurtherDelay();  }

    Rate if you please.
    Thanked by 5:
    sellers86 likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Recovery manager! LOL No, but for real, this is awesome. You the man acr. Waiting for the link and I'll try flashing cannibal, on xoinia at the moment.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    anthonycr's Avatar
    Themer. You've seen them

    Posts
    2,117 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jto101680 View Post
    Recovery manager
    Hahaha that might not be as bad an idea as you might think. It would come up when people searched for Rom Manager.

    Maybe it would save a few bricks.
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthonycr View Post

    Spurred on by the discussion over Rom Manager soft-bricking phones and the fact that I had never flashed the Cannibal Recovery and was feeling like flashing it the easy complicated way, I decided to make an app that tries to make it painfully simple to flash a recovery.




    The Recovery Installation Utility

    Screenshots:
    Will be added... Google play is sloooowww to show up stuff

    Directions:

    1. Download the App.

    2. Download a compatible recovery.

    3. Put the recovery on the root of your sdcard/external storage.

    4. Rename the recovery to "recovery.img" (IN ALL LOWERCASE).

    5. Fire up the app and install. (This app should work for pretty much every phone)

    6. Reboot to recovery and benefit.


    Code:
    #include<standard.disclaimer>
    //I'm not responsible if you flash an incompatible recovery
    //or decide to use Rom Manager because you think this sucks
    //or jump off any bridges
    //Most of all, follow the rules
    //and be kind to noobs, remember that what you are not you once were
    
    using namespace std
    
    int main()
    {  ProceedWithoutFurtherDelay();  }

    The link might not work for a couple hours, give it time
    Rate if you please.

    //Donate by purchasing the currently non-existent donate version

    Oh yeah... if someone has a better name for this app, please tell me... Recovery Installation Utility sounds heavy and complicated
    Does it just run flash_image recovery to flash the recovery, there are alot of devices that flash_image doesn't work for. I will try it on my other toys for you.

    sent from my Nokia 5110
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  
    sammyz's Avatar

    Posts
    825 Posts
    ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

    Default

    When I was looking for something to flash my recovery before flash image gui existed, I searched flash recovery ......so I would name it
    Flash Recovery.

    Sent from my Optimus V running OSZVJ firmware on MetroPCS using HydroROM.
    Thanked by:
    clodfelterac likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    anthonycr's Avatar
    Themer. You've seen them

    Posts
    2,117 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pbailey212 View Post
    Does it just run flash_image recovery to flash the recovery, there are alot of devices that flash_image doesn't work for. I will try it on my other toys for you.

    sent from my Nokia 5110
    Yup, I know it doesn't work for all of them, unfortunately.
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: [APP] Recovery Installation Utility

    A.C. Recovery Flasher?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    anthonycr's Avatar
    Themer. You've seen them

    Posts
    2,117 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    A.C. Recovery Flasher?
    Clever pun
  9. #9  
    andrewnelson23's Avatar

    Posts
    795 Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

    Default Re: [APP] Recovery Installation Utility

    You should make a version of the app that uses the gordita exploit to install custom recovery without root.
    Olan Rogers, ladies and gentlemen. Funniest video ever!!!
  10. #10  
    sammyz's Avatar

    Posts
    825 Posts
    ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnelson23 View Post
    You should make a version of the app that uses the gordita exploit to install custom recovery without root.
    That would be awesome!!!

    Sent from my Optimus V running OSZVJ firmware on MetroPCS using HydroROM.
  11. #11  
    sellers86's Avatar

    Posts
    1,833 Posts
    ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

    Default Re: [APP] Recovery Installation Utility

    Quote Originally Posted by anthonycr View Post
    Code:
    #include<standard.disclaimer>
    //I'm not responsible if you flash an incompatible recovery
    //or decide to use Rom Manager because you think this sucks
    //or jump off any bridges
    //Most of all, follow the rules
    //and be kind to noobs, remember that what you are not you once were
    
    using namespace std
    
    int main()
    {  ProceedWithoutFurtherDelay();  }
    I think your missing a space after #include :P
    Guess whos coming back!
  12. #12  
    clodfelterac's Avatar
    Samurai Dev

    Posts
    736 Posts
    ROM
    IllusionB / OM

    Default Re: [APP] Recovery Installation Utility

    @anthony--- +1 to FLASH Recovery?... two simple keywords... and theme it all superhero style... that would be easy to find and extremely unique...
    Last edited by clodfelterac; 08-04-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    Thanked by:
    sammyz 
  13. #13  
    andrewnelson23's Avatar

    Posts
    795 Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

    Default Re: [APP] Recovery Installation Utility

    Quote Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
    That would be awesome!!!

    Sent from my Optimus V running OSZVJ firmware on MetroPCS using HydroROM.
    It won't work. I was talking to phatninja55 about it, it's because when gordita is run, the phone has to reboot in order for the scripts to finish installing the recovery.
    Olan Rogers, ladies and gentlemen. Funniest video ever!!!
  14. #14  
    sammyz's Avatar

    Posts
    825 Posts
    ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnelson23 View Post
    It won't work. I was talking to phatninja55 about it, it's because when gordita is run, the phone has to reboot in order for the scripts to finish installing the recovery.
    Not hard to make a phone reboot..........

    Sent from my Optimus V running OSZVJ firmware on MetroPCS using HydroROM.
  15. #15  
    sammyz's Avatar

    Posts
    825 Posts
    ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

    Default

    There should be a pole for names

    Sent from my Optimus V running OSZVJ firmware on MetroPCS using HydroROM.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: [APP] Recovery Installation Utility

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnelson23 View Post
    You should make a version of the app that uses the gordita exploit to install custom recovery without root.
    Not possible. But you already know that. xD Maybe include the gingerbreak method.
  17. #17  
    EarthnFire78's Avatar
    YAY!!! ME :)

    Posts
    964 Posts
    ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

    Default Re: [APP] Recovery Installation Utility

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnelson23 View Post
    You should make a version of the app that uses the gordita exploit to install custom recovery without root.
    That is a great idea, the script can easily be added to the application.
  18. #18  
    andrewnelson23's Avatar

    Posts
    795 Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

    Default Re: [APP] Recovery Installation Utility

    but it is hard for the app to keep running while the phone is rebooting, and note the proper time to chmod the /system/bin while the phone is booting. :P
    Olan Rogers, ladies and gentlemen. Funniest video ever!!!
  19. #19  

    Default

    RIU doesn't work on the kindle fire (not surprised, it doesn't support flash_image) as soon as I find my old V I will test it on that too.

    sent from my Nokia 5110
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    anthonycr's Avatar
    Themer. You've seen them

    Posts
    2,117 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
    I think your missing a space after #include :P

    works without the space in c++




    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnelson23 View Post
    but it is hard for the app to keep running while the phone is rebooting, and note the proper time to chmod the /system/bin while the phone is booting. :P



    that would be impossible to make an app keep going after a reboot.


    Quote Originally Posted by pbailey212 View Post
    RIU doesn't work on the kindle fire (not surprised, it doesn't support flash_image) as soon as I find my old V I will test it on that too.
    Thanks. What would happen if I installed the flash_image binary before running the app...
  21. #21  
    andrewnelson23's Avatar

    Posts
    795 Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

    Default Re: [APP] Recovery Installation Utility

    Yes, haha I know
  22. #22  
    sammyz's Avatar

    Posts
    825 Posts
    ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    That is a great idea, the script can easily be added to the application.
    Some say it's not possible, some say it's possible? Anyone know for sure?

  23. #23  

    Default

    Installed cannibal last night. It truly was the easiest thing I've ever done to my phone as far as mods and flashing and such.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  24. #24  

    Default

    Works like a charm on my OV good work!

    sent from my Nokia 5110
  25. #25  
    sammyz's Avatar

    Posts
    825 Posts
    ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

    Default

    Just downloaded on my OV for future use gonna do the same on my OM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B