Need help to start over then Root

rlbaird9161

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have had this device for over a year, its full of so much junk I want to reset it, and wipe my sd card but not sure what files to keep, don't have a computer or another sd, what do I do?
Also I need a step by step guide to Root. What to use, where I download the programs, and what are the best ones to use. I have read up on cm7 but there are do many. Do many choices, gingerbreak..ICS.. I new to this but pretty intelligent would appreciate any help I can get, fast.... This is acting as my computer, my work, my lifeline, thanks.:D

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have had this device for over a year, its full of so much junk I want to reset it, and wipe my sd card but not sure what files to keep, don't have a computer or another sd, what do I do?
Also I need a step by step guide to Root. What to use, where I download the programs, and what are the best ones to use. I have read up on cm7 but there are do many. Do many choices, gingerbreak..ICS.. I new to this but pretty intelligent would appreciate any help I can get, fast.... This is acting as my computer, my work, my lifeline, thanks.:D

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

You're kind of screwed if you don't have a computer. The best way to do what you are asking is to root your phone using the sticky in this forum. It has instructions. Then install Titanium Backup and backup all user apps. The backup your entire SD Card to your computer. Using the recovery that the rooting guide had you install, make a nandroid backup. Then wipe your sd card, system, boot, data, etc. Basically wipe everything. Then flash a ROM of your choice.

Reactions: anthonycr

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
There is a solution to the no PC problem! Download Dropbox, there you can backup anything you need. I've uploaded pictures, roms, files amd others that I don't want to lose :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2