Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

ROM
    MiRaGe ROM/jawz101 kernel

Default Re: [Kernel mod] enable USB fast charging(now in the jawz101 kernel!

as far as I've read it's supposed to not work. I didn't play around with it much but it seemed like the guy always mentioned it wasn't supposed to work.
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by jawz101 View Post
    as far as I've read it's supposed to not work. I didn't play around with it much but it seemed like the guy always mentioned it wasn't supposed to work.
    It seems to work, and the charging rate is about the same as with the wall charge, but I'm going to test for a few days to determent weather or not fast-charge is working.

Update: It may just be a Windows thing, cause Ubuntu picks up the phone as USB, Windows does not.
    Last edited by EarthnFire78; 09-12-2012 at 04:47 PM.

ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

which kernel are you using? I think mine gave that error as well caused somewhere in that file until I had it like it is
    Any update??? Did you try it on a gingerbread kernel? This mod?

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by sammyz View Post

It's working in my kernel. That's all I know

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

I'm testing it out on OM-Kernel, it works but I'm most likely going to hold off on releasing. Adding a option to CMParts to turn on and off Fastcharge.
    sammyz likes this.

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Thanks for the mod. I got it working on an ICS kernel. Still testing it.

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    Thanks for the mod. I got it working on an ICS kernel. Still testing it.
    Whoa, you mean there's an actual ICS kernel in the works?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    This space intentionally left blank.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    I'm testing it out on OM-Kernel, it works but I'm most likely going to hold off on releasing. Adding a option to CMParts to turn on and off Fastcharge.
    Might not boot at all though cause I've built it.....I think Bob messed it up..

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Might not boot at all though cause I've built it.....I think Bob messed it up..

It's going to take me a while to get everything working, because I know C and C++ better then I know Java.

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    Whoa, you mean there's an actual ICS kernel in the works?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    By ICS kernel he means .35 tweaked for ICS. unless he got a 3.x kernel working, which would be sweet
    Guess whos coming back!

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    It's going to take me a while to get everything working, because I know C and C++ better then I know Java.
    Can you help rewrite the touchscreen driver for the optimus m??? It needs major modification to work with ICS..if you're too busy I completely understand...I haven't been able to do anything for awhile thanks to school -_-

Just download scripter, and make two scripts. put one line of code in for each. Bamn ffc toggle app.
    ffc=force_fast_charge xD

This looks great and I've searched and it does seem drew's site is still down and he's busy with other things.. but is there any way this can go into HydroKernel for ZVJ on an Optimus S?

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Would this work with Mr G's kernel?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

ROM

the kernel I made is based on mrg's kernel- so if it works for mine he could add it to his kernel

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

the kernel I made is based on mrg's kernel- so if it works for mine he could add it to his kernel
    Okay, I'm such a noob, please excuse me, but I want this on MiRaGe. I don't really know what to do with the downloadable attachment in the OP.
    Should I just use MiRaGe plus jawz101 Kernel to avoid headaches?
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    Okay, I'm such a noob, please excuse me, but I want this on MiRaGe. I don't really know what to do with the downloadable attachment in the OP.
    Thanks in advance.

Sigh......no it doesn't work that way....if you want mirages kernel with only this mod you need to compile the source.....I could do it, maybe (if I don't get the error I got before).

Sent from my Optimus S running VM670ZV5 on MetroPCS.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    Thanks in advance.

I think what you're saying is you want to use the MiRaGe ROM with this kernel? Yes, that's exactly what you'd do. That's what I do too. His ROM contains both the Android cm7 ROM & his Linux kernel. So if you install his ROM first & then install this package you'd have his ROM with this kernel.

in short:
    go to clockworkmod recovery & do a nand backup
    wipe cache & dalvik cache
    install the mrg ROM (which also installs the mrg kernel)
    install the jawz101 kernel so it replaces the mrg kernel

it's the same kernel as his but with the changes I'd added in addition.
    Thanked by:
    Encerspay45 likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

ROM

btw, 9/23 build up yesterday. I found a and pulled several commits from it since they'd applied cleanly. highlights I was intrigued with were these 2:
    Backported initramfs from kernel 2.6.34.x
    Makefile: use hardfloat instead of soft

I'm hesitant about that hard float instead of soft float. I don't know what the effects of a hardware based floating point function would do except hardware functions I'd think would be more preferred than software functions. Nothing blew up though. Actually, most of these patches just applied cleanly.

My next phone with be a shiny Google Nexus phone. I'd rather have a latest and greatest Linux kernel than this old 2.6 kernel. That'll be a year or so from now. I'd like to wait until Google has a quad core.
    Thanked by:
    o_O

ROM
    OV KitKat-JBC, 3.0 kernel

the msm7627 is hard float. the kernel config offers a VFP (soft float) option as well. hardware FPU definitely better than software emulation of one.
    Last edited by bigsupersquid; 09-24-2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: repair Swype-ographic error
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

I think what you're saying is you want to use the MiRaGe ROM with this kernel? Yes, that's exactly what you'd do. That's what I do too. His ROM contains both the Android cm7 ROM & his Linux kernel. So if you install his ROM first & then install this package you'd have his ROM with this kernel.

in short:
    go to clockworkmod recovery & do a nand backup
    wipe cache & dalvik cache
    install the mrg ROM (which also installs the mrg kernel)
    install the jawz101 kernel so it replaces the mrg kernel

it's the same kernel as his but with the changes I'd added in addition.
    Yup, that's what I was looking for.
    Thanks!
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

I tried running those scripts on page1 to toggle & is telling me it's an invalid directory ..?
    (Using terminal emulator)
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

ROM

which kernel are you using?

My guess is using this kernel on an Optimus S (ZVJ, Gingerbread, HydroROM) could royally screw it up?

ROM
    DanteROM(w/Hydro)/CAI CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Enzomatrx View Post
    My guess is using this kernel on an Optimus S (ZVJ, Gingerbread, HydroROM) could royally screw it up?
    It shouldn't do anything of the sort. Baseband is on a separate partition, and the baseband interactions are built into the ROM, not the Kernel (as far as I know). And since the hardware on the S and V are identical, it shouldn't pose a problem. In fact, any time you install a V ROM, you're installing a V Kernel, so I know for certain that I've run at least 2 (Mirage and BobZ).
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast