Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: [Kernel mod] enable USB fast charging(now in the jawz101 kernel!

Quote Originally Posted by koeylondon View Post
    It shouldn't do anything of the sort. Baseband is on a separate partition, and the baseband interactions are built into the ROM, not the Kernel (as far as I know). And since the hardware on the S and V are identical, it shouldn't pose a problem. In fact, any time you install a V ROM, you're installing a V Kernel, so I know for certain that I've run at least 2 (Mirage and BobZ).
    Well I can confirm that flashing it on my HydroROM Optimus S results in it just hanging at the "Team Hydro Presents"... so I don't think it did the trick.

Oh well, no biggy!

Bumpity Bump. I was wondering if I cod start including these in my ports? ?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    Bumpity Bump. I was wondering if I cod start including these in my ports? ?

asdfjlgasrelkfmgrkmalgralkgrakgraloksoskteadfewgfT#5r2
    That was my brain exploding when I read that.
    Please let this happen.
    jawz101 and ThatGuyLurkin like this.

USB fast Charge, that comes in handy. I plan on looking into creating a script like in GTR where you can type it in the Terminal to enable and disable.

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Enzomatrx View Post
    This looks great and I've searched and it does seem drew's site is still down and he's busy with other things.. but is there any way this can go into HydroKernel for ZVJ on an Optimus S?
    Here you go for zVJ gingerbread only Roms. Test 3 GB kernel uncompressed modules.

Grab the toggle from Play or use the terminal commands.
    Last edited by thekraven; 10-18-2012 at 04:41 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
    Enzomatrx likes this.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    Here you go for zVJ gingerbread only Roms. Test 2 GB kernel

Test 2 Seems to be working good on zvj dante rom v4

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    Here you go for zVJ gingerbread only Roms. Test 3 GB kernel uncompressed modules.

thank you so much sir!

I'm actually just making my own free toggle widget for this because I like to do that myself.

Is root access required to set the fast charge? I'm setting it in my app (not for checking the status siince non-root can do a less I believe)
    Last edited by Enzomatrx; 10-18-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Here's 1.1 of the widget which has file checks in place (so won't do anything if you don't have a fastcharge kernel), makes the statusbar icon static, and checks your USB status when you toggle (in case it's plugged in) to let you know if you should unplug/replug the USB or not.

Been working stable for me all day, so why not attach it?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Enzomatrx; 10-19-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Thanked by:
    clodfelterac likes this.
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Here's 1.1 of the widget which has file checks in place (so won't do anything if you don't have a fastcharge kernel), makes the statusbar icon static, and checks your USB status when you toggle (in case it's plugged in) to let you know if you should unplug/replug the USB or not.

Been working stable for me all day, so why not attach it?
    Would it be okay to include this as a system app? I well have to add some permissions to the app though as it has none right now.
    Last edited by EarthnFire78; 10-21-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Me too please!!!

ROM
    G-T-R Reloaded

So I've been trying to get this to work on my phone, I'm running CM9.1. It always says error file does not exist. Could anybody help me out?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

This is a CM7 kernel, so don't flash on CM9.

TheKraven's new kernels have this patch as well though. You can flash it, then force AC charging from Terminal, or the patch he has.

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

This is a CM7 kernel, so don't flash on CM9.

TheKraven's new kernels have this patch as well though. You can flash it, then force AC charging from Terminal, or the patch he has.

The widget attached a few posts above works for me!

Yes, but I thought you nneeded to reboot for it to be fully working. That's where I'm confused, I've been using it as well though

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Well have an update tomorrow with Enzomatrx FastChargeWidget.apk built in. Had to add some system permissions to keep it from Force-Closing on boot.
    Last edited by EarthnFire78; 10-22-2012 at 12:52 AM.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    Well have an update tomorrow with Enzomatrx FastChargeWidget.apk built in. Had to add some system permissions to keep it from Force-Closing on boot.
    ? Does this mean I shouldn't be using the 10/21 build of your rom that I got off iho updater

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

You can, but the permissions are set wrong for FastChargeWidget and may cause Force-Close of the app on boot up. I would just download the update when I release it and "adb push" the app to "/system/app/" since there is not going to be any other changes.

Oh hey missed updating this thread (been reading the DanteROM one).

I guess it could be a system app with right permissions; never tried it. I made a new build with a more frequent update manifest (it was set to a day but I found Android was seeing it as an uber-idle process at times and closing it). It's not perfect yet though; again it's my first widget. I need to make it run as an alarmmanager app because if Android sees fit to close the Widget, it changed the Widget's ID which is what breaks the "touch it and it works" after a bit sometimes.

Here's a 1.2 of it though with the better update time and a few tweaks here and there. Next goal is to alarmmanager this thing, but honestly it's working really well here.

If you find it not responding to your touch after a bit, you have to remove it from your homescreen and re-add it. This is -- again -- due to Android killing it and therefore changing the widget ID that is probed when you touch it.

Thanks for your feedback and support on it.

Would it be okay to include this as a system app? I well have to add some permissions to the app though as it has none right now.
    Actually I do wonder why I didn't have to set permissions to this; nothing said it needed any which I thought was odd. Which ones do I need to set and I'll throw them in the manifest but yeah go ahead and use it. we're talking the initial release being 7 hours of coding on the side during a normal work day.

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Oh hey missed updating this thread (been reading the DanteROM one).

I guess it could be a system app with right permissions; never tried it. I made a new build with a more frequent update manifest (it was set to a day but I found Android was seeing it as an uber-idle process at times and closing it). It's not perfect yet though; again it's my first widget. I need to make it run as an alarmmanager app because if Android sees fit to close the Widget, it changed the Widget's ID which is what breaks the "touch it and it works" after a bit sometimes.

Here's a 1.2 of it though with the better update time and a few tweaks here and there. Next goal is to alarmmanager this thing, but honestly it's working really well here.

If you find it not responding to your touch after a bit, you have to remove it from your homescreen and re-add it. This is -- again -- due to Android killing it and therefore changing the widget ID that is probed when you touch it.

Thanks for your feedback and support on it.
    This is what I set the permissions to.

Code:
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" ></uses-permission>
    	<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED"></uses-permission>
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.COPY_PROTECTED_DATA" />
    Doing a problem with the Widget being killed or closed, the RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED is the one that stopped it from Force-Closing at boot, plus it raises the priority of the app as well.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Changes Daily

You can, but the permissions are set wrong for FastChargeWidget and may cause Force-Close of the app on boot up. I would just download the update when I release it and "adb push" the app to "/system/app/" since there is not going to be any other changes.
    Before Enzomatrx made his widget i bought chadz from the op. It's working fine.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband

This is what I set the permissions to.

Code:
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" ></uses-permission>
    	<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED"></uses-permission>
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.COPY_PROTECTED_DATA" />
    Doing a problem with the Widget being killed or closed, the RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED is the one that stopped it from Force-Closing at boot, plus it raises the priority of the app as well.
    Thanks! I'll just throw those in. Helps to have them since ya know.. widget.

Permissions added, thank you again.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

Which of the kernels would I use over bobz 9.1 and would I have to flash any other patches? The CAI download post is so huge lol

beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #100  

ROM
    MiRaGe ROM/jawz101 kernel

why not ask bobz to include it in his kernel? He's smarter than I and could easily include it.
    I just wanted to get a new tweak on our phones out of pure jealousy that other phones had neat tweaks like this. I created a toggle widget in Tasker app factory but never generated the apk- short attention span and all
    Thanked by 2:
    Encerspay45 likes this.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast