[Kernel mod] enable USB fast charging(now in the jawz101 kernel!

acrufox

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks for this, flashed the kernel on my OV running MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO, phone no longer slowly runs down after reaching 100% charge. Also no longer experiencing the slow battery drain on long trips while using it with navigation apps or tethering in the car.

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: kernel mod to enable USB fast charging

I believe I've got it working had to add #include <linux/module.h> to the fastchg.c file. download here to test.
I'm posting further instructions on the jawz101 kernel threads

has this zip been updated since the last post on this thread? anyone running this flashable on quattrimus as well?

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
When I click here's the commit, it takes me straight to github homepage....I'm on tapa so idk what the problem is...

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2
I have no idea. Maybe it's this site update but it works from my laptop.

I get this error while building:
Code:
drivers/built-in.o: In function `usb_chg_detect':
lowmemorykiller.c:(.text+0x6f124): undefined reference to `force_fast_charge'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
any idea?

and this is almost the end of the building process

I remember seeing that error msg at some point during the development of the patch though I can't remember what I did to fix it. If I can remember I'll report back.

Im a bit lost. I flashed it a couple days ago, everything's still milky smooth on GingerDX. But, this patch, is always on? And does it only work via USB?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

See the OP:
To toggle fast charging from terminal you'd need to issue the command:

on:
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge

and off:
echo 0 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge

Just wanted to say thanks for this, flashed the kernel on my OV running MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO, phone no longer slowly runs down after reaching 100% charge. Also no longer experiencing the slow battery drain on long trips while using it with navigation apps or tethering in the car.

If you're using the jawz101 kernel it isn't because of this mod. There's a lot of other changes compared to mrg's kernel :) I couldn't tell you which one is helping in that regard but I'm glad there's something going on cool with it. Thanks for the feedback!

has this zip been updated since the last post on this thread? anyone running this flashable on quattrimus as well?

See the kernel version in the about section on your phone's settings menu. If the date matches with the latest date on github for my kernel it's the latest I've posted.

any major issues with any ics roms?

Unless someone ports it for one of the ICS kernels. It should work if properly ported. I know the aokp builds already have fast charging built in.

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Arg! I can't see the forum posts! I feel like I'm missing out on some good stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Arg! I can't see the forum posts! I feel like I'm missing out on some good stuff.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I remember seeing that error msg at some point during the development of the patch though I can't remember what I did to fix it. If I can remember I'll report back.

I know that I can easily fix it to build if I remove force_fast_charge in the msm###.udc file (can't remember name) but I'm pretty sure if I remove that then the mod wont work -_-

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I know that I can easily fix it to build if I remove force_fast_charge in the msm###.udc file (can't remember name) but I'm pretty sure if I remove that then the mod wont work -_-

which kernel are you using? I think mine gave that error as well caused somewhere in that file until I had it like it is

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
LW690 branch from BobZhome. I even copied the entire msm###.udc file and it still gave the error..his MS690 branch is broken...wouldn't boot when I built it last.

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
as far as I've read it's supposed to not work. I didn't play around with it much but it seemed like the guy always mentioned it wasn't supposed to work.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
as far as I've read it's supposed to not work. I didn't play around with it much but it seemed like the guy always mentioned it wasn't supposed to work.

It seems to work, and the charging rate is about the same as with the wall charge, but I'm going to test for a few days to determent weather or not fast-charge is working.

Update: It may just be a Windows thing, cause Ubuntu picks up the phone as USB, Windows does not.

Last edited:

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm testing it out on OM-Kernel, it works but I'm most likely going to hold off on releasing. Adding a option to CMParts to turn on and off Fastcharge.

Might not boot at all though cause I've built it.....I think Bob messed it up..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000