Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree336Likes

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

Quote Originally Posted by thesaxphoner View Post
    Or he has WiFi on the whole time. Change the scan interval, maybe?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    its probably both. wifi is a big battery drain, but the deep sleep issues cause drain pretty bad as well
    Guess whos coming back!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

Quote Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
    its probably both. wifi is a big battery drain, but the deep sleep issues cause drain pretty bad as well
    I have WiFi on the whole time because I have no service right now. I forgot about the deep sleep issues...

Repensum Est Canicula
    #_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .

ROM
    quattrimus cm9

Hmm its funny because when I'm on wifi battery doesn't drain as fast as 3g. 3g kills my battery. So I just stay on wifi when I can lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

WiFi drains battery if left on in an area with good reception... but if your phone is constantly searching for a signal on 3g in a poor reception area, then 3g will kill battery much quicker than WiFi - that's why I have WiFi on all the time, personally, as I live in an area with generally poor reception and I hope to jump on WiFi whenever I can to stop the 3g tower search.

johnh02 likes this.

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Does anyone toggle their 3G on/off? I use Go Power Master and when I go into my customized WIFI mode, it shuts off 3G, so it will never search for a 3G signal. Might still search for 1xRTT for SMS and calls though if its a tad weak, but the drain isn't as noticeable if I turned my WIFI on but left my 3G on.

My only gripe is that sometimes I forget to toggle off WIFI mode and toggle back to normal mode...
    johnh02 likes this.

ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

Right now with no service but WiFi I have my phone in airplane mode to save what battery I can. If you look at my latest screenshot in the Post your Homescreen thread you'll see the icon. By the way, I'm running CM7 themes on this!

Repensum Est Canicula
    johnh02 likes this.

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Quote Originally Posted by brotherswing View Post
    Right now with no service but WiFi I have my phone in airplane mode to save what battery I can. If you look at my latest screenshot in the Post your Homescreen thread you'll see the icon. By the way, I'm running CM7 themes on this!

Repensum Est Canicula

Could be a whole host of issues (sync interval too small, brightness set too high, the screen timeout too long, apps gone wild...) then...

And whoa, how'd you get CM7 themes on BobZ CM 10...gotta be some sort of trick...

I once tried that and it totally screwed with System UI...

Quote Originally Posted by atrain2324 View Post
    Could be a whole host of issues (sync interval too small, brightness set too high, the screen timeout too long, apps gone wild...) then...

And whoa, how'd you get CM7 themes on BobZ CM 10...gotta be some sort of trick...

I once tried that and it totally screwed with System UI...
    I use cm7 themes too and I don't do anything. I just apply them and they work fine. Was the theme you tried hdpi maybe?

ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

I just restored it from Titanium Backup. I tried other ways (I really don't want to recompile all my old themes for cm9/10) but had....issues. Phone got all kinds of squirrelly. This way it works, but it isn't a practical method for most users.

Repensum Est Canicula

ROM
    IHO 7.2

Wow! Does the camcorder still not work after all this time? How about the tethering options, or the USB Mass Storage?

The Tethering I can live without, easily. But the camcorder, and USB Mass Storage are needed to breathe life into my "phone".

I could be really late and BOB fixed these already but, they are still in his OP.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2083326873.png

ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

Witch files are for the voice mic.?

I love this show

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Quote Originally Posted by ZackVortex View Post
    Witch files are for the voice mic.?

Don't think there's any...Google Now is great, especially after sideloading the new update, just miss the ability to actually say something into it like I did on Bob's CM9...
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #838  

ROM
    CM9/10

Updated OP...minor update
    My time is very limited right now...
    I probably won't be working on this until after the new year...because of family issues, real work, holidays, and house remodel project(which I need to get done because I don't have an heat in my house and temperatures are dropping fast outside...only a high of 50 degrees today)
    Thanked by 19:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks a ton, Bob! We love the work you do for us and are very grateful for you sticking around even after so many responsibilities. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

What did you change in the gapps?

I'm guessing the 11/3 update still has Data issues? See it in OP. Only thing keeping me from CM10 cause I text all day, I actually really rely on my phone for texts and calls its how I'm able to make money lol
    What would even cause the Data Issues? The notification blur didn't even bother me.

ROM
    Drew's CM10

Quote Originally Posted by StumDroid View Post
    I'm guessing the 11/3 update still has Data issues? See it in OP. Only thing keeping me from CM10 cause I text all day, I actually really rely on my phone for texts and calls its how I'm able to make money lol
    What would even cause the Data Issues? The notification blur didn't even bother me.
    Calls and SMS don't use data. MMS messaging does though. So if your just sending out SMS your fine.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

Once the time lag, data random disconnects, and camcorder are fixed this should be a beta. AWESOME job with this ROM Bob

I love this show
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEO View Post
    Calls and SMS don't use data. MMS messaging does though. So if your just sending out SMS your fine.

They don't use data 0_o I'm not really following you....3G = Data right? So how can Data disconnect and I can still send SMS?? I rely more on receiving them then sending them by the way and I don't actually care about MMS (Have never really used it anyways) but I thought Data disconnecting meant the 3G lose, I thought you needed 3g for SMS and calling? On the previous versions I wouldn't receive texts til I rebooted and they were only SMS when I lost data and it doesn't seem data was fixed yet, please explain to me how Data disconnecting can still let me send and receive SMS?

#sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

Anyone else not getting a play store after flash? Or a home key?

ROM
    BobZ CM10

They don't use data 0_o I'm not really following you....3G = Data right? So how can Data disconnect and I can still send SMS?? I rely more on receiving them then sending them by the way and I don't actually care about MMS (Have never really used it anyways) but I thought Data disconnecting meant the 3G lose, I thought you needed 3g for SMS and calling? On the previous versions I wouldn't receive texts til I rebooted and they were only SMS when I lost data and it doesn't seem data was fixed yet, please explain to me how Data disconnecting can still let me send and receive SMS?

MMS requires 3G, because it would be the equivalent of sending an e-mail with a picture attached to it.

SMS uses the same bands as voice calling, which is why on Sprint and Verizon (except for the Motorola Droid Razr M series), you cannot send texts or surf the web at the same time you are calling someone unlike AT&T and T-Mobile and I can tell you that it was very frustrating when not only AT&T's 3G dropped but also text...it was annoying.

The reason why you were missing texts and phone calls is because Sprint was/is likely doing some hardcore Network Vision upgrades, which requires Sprint to shut down the towers they are doing it on, forcing other towers nearby to pick up the slack. I had that happen to me for about two weeks in an area where I work at, now it's fine. 500-800 kbps is way better than 80 kbps and dropped calls.

MMS requires 3G, because it would be the equivalent of sending an e-mail with a picture attached to it.

SMS uses the same bands as voice calling, which is why on Sprint and Verizon (except for the Motorola Droid Razr M series), you cannot send texts or surf the web at the same time you are calling someone unlike AT&T and T-Mobile and I can tell you that it was very frustrating when not only AT&T's 3G dropped but also text...it was annoying.

The reason why you were missing texts and phone calls is because Sprint was/is likely doing some hardcore Network Vision upgrades, which requires Sprint to shut down the towers they are doing it on, forcing other towers nearby to pick up the slack. I had that happen to me for about two weeks in an area where I work at, now it's fine. 500-800 kbps is way better than 80 kbps and dropped calls.
    Ok.. so I should be able to use this without losing or not being able to send SMS? Even if Data disconnects?

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Ok.. so I should be able to use this without losing or not being able to send SMS? Even if Data disconnects?

Even if data were to disconnect, you are fine with voice and text unless Sprint is doing serious NV work in your area. I actually don't have too many data drops, maybe once a week. But then again, I went back to BobZ CM 9.1 a couple weeks back, ran it for a while, had a hankering for Jelly Bean and dirty flashed it on top of CM 9.1 (only wiped cache) and actually it's been working better (although I eventually had to scale back down to 768/480).
    Thanked by:

ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

Does the new update still have GNow.
    Edit: Never mind it does not

Last edited by ZackVortex; 11-03-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    I love this show

Even if data were to disconnect, you are fine with voice and text unless Sprint is doing serious NV work in your area. I actually don't have too many data drops, maybe once a week. But then again, I went back to BobZ CM 9.1 a couple weeks back, ran it for a while, had a hankering for Jelly Bean and dirty flashed it on top of CM 9.1 (only wiped cache) and actually it's been working better (although I eventually had to scale back down to 768/480).
    Then CM10 it is

glarepate likes this.
Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637 ... LastLast