Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 876 to 900 of 1173
Like Tree336Likes
  1. #876  

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    I tested to flash 4.1.1. With old bob- gapps and its fine showing google.sign.

    type-R
  2. #877  
    atrain2324's Avatar

    Posts
    200 Posts
    ROM
    BobZ CM10

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    I think there is something wrong with GApps or the ROM. I just reformatted my SD card, made and sd-ext partition. I STILL cannot get a Play store on clean flash. I know its not a space issue. Has anyone got this WORKING from a clean flash or dirty flash?
    Wow. Weird. I once though on Bob's CM9.1 forgot to flash Gapps and still had Play Store (although I am almost sure it showed up only AFTER I had to manually link my Google account, never checked if I had it before I linked an account)...maybe this may help though?
  3. #878  
    eletendre84's Avatar
    #sarcasm

    Posts
    386 Posts
    ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    I tried installing that. It just FC's.
  4. #879  
    Badboytoast's Avatar

    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    I think there is something wrong with GApps or the ROM. I just reformatted my SD card, made and sd-ext partition. I STILL cannot get a Play store on clean flash. I know its not a space issue. Has anyone got this WORKING from a clean flash or dirty flash?
    My worked find I just updated it! Using bobz old gapps modified by me

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    IF I Help You In Any Way Please Push The Thanks Button [HL]It Feels Good To Know You Helped!![/HL]
  5. #880  

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    quick question: would installing the non-custom gapps fix voice search, or is that even possible? And about how big of an EXT partition would I need to install it?
  6. #881  
    eletendre84's Avatar
    #sarcasm

    Posts
    386 Posts
    ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Quote Originally Posted by Badboytoast View Post
    My worked find I just updated it! Using bobz old gapps modified by me

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Did u dirty or clean flash? Any way u can post ur modified gapps?

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
  7. #882  
    Badboytoast's Avatar

    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    Did u dirty or clean flash? Any way u can post ur modified gapps?

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    I wipe cache and deliv because I was on his previous build and yes here are bobz old modified jb-gapps by me! If you extract the gapps you'll find a working Google now! That some one lead me to! Sorry I can't remember your name .
    https://www.box.com/shared/0k3z6lqhcjw22vv1mzhp

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    IF I Help You In Any Way Please Push The Thanks Button [HL]It Feels Good To Know You Helped!![/HL]
    Thanked by 2:
  8. #883  
    atrain2324's Avatar

    Posts
    200 Posts
    ROM
    BobZ CM10

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Quote Originally Posted by Badboytoast View Post
    I wipe cache and deliv because I was on his previous build and yes here are bobz old modified jb-gapps by me! If you extract the gapps you'll find a working Google now! That some one lead me to! Sorry I can't remember your name .
    https://www.box.com/shared/0k3z6lqhcjw22vv1mzhp

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Maybe now I'm gonna flash it now. And you're welcome on the working GNow (although now that you integrated it into the Gapps...I'm gonna have to freeze the original one sitting in my SD-EXT)...although thanks to the original dev over at THAT other place is in order too
    Thanked by:
  9. #884  
    eletendre84's Avatar
    #sarcasm

    Posts
    386 Posts
    ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Thanks for the help guys. I still cant get it to work. I have flashed probably 150 roms in the almost 2 years ive owned this phone. V roms, S roms, ive NEVER had this much trouble getting it to work. so....heres the details if anyone can offer advice
    CLEAN FLASH
    using COT Recovery 2.0.2
    Wipe /boot, /system, /cache, /data, /dalvik cache, /sd-ext (i have a 512mb ext/0 swap)
    Flash 11-3-12 BobZ CM10
    Reboot
    ROM runs well - no issues sans the GApps
    Reboot into recovery - Flash Bobz custom Gapps OR the one badboytoast just posted
    wipe dalvik and cache
    reboot.
    it installs the frameworks and other apk's in /system but i have no play store, therefore i cant download anything.

    SO FRUSTRATED.

    any ideas? please?

    Is the /system partition smaller on the S then the V maybe? IDK if the rom takes up too much space in /system and theres no room for the Gapps to flash? IDK....
  10. #885  
    ZackVortex's Avatar

    Posts
    206 Posts
    ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. I still cant get it to work. I have flashed probably 150 roms in the almost 2 years ive owned this phone. V roms, S roms, ive NEVER had this much trouble getting it to work. so....heres the details if anyone can offer advice
    CLEAN FLASH
    using COT Recovery 2.0.2
    Wipe /boot, /system, /cache, /data, /dalvik cache, /sd-ext (i have a 512mb ext/0 swap)
    Flash 11-3-12 BobZ CM10
    Reboot
    ROM runs well - no issues sans the GApps
    Reboot into recovery - Flash Bobz custom Gapps OR the one badboytoast just posted
    wipe dalvik and cache
    reboot.
    it installs the frameworks and other apk's in /system but i have no play store, therefore i cant download anything.

    SO FRUSTRATED.

    any ideas? please?

    Is the /system partition smaller on the S then the V maybe? IDK if the rom takes up too much space in /system and theres no room for the Gapps to flash? IDK....
    On Google search "4Shared" than search for "Google Play Store.apk" than install one of those apks

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    I love this show
  11. #886  

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Has anyone tried installing the 4.2 camera with this ROM? I can't make it work, but that may be my n00b-ishness coming through.
  12. #887  
    atrain2324's Avatar

    Posts
    200 Posts
    ROM
    BobZ CM10

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. I still cant get it to work. I have flashed probably 150 roms in the almost 2 years ive owned this phone. V roms, S roms, ive NEVER had this much trouble getting it to work. so....heres the details if anyone can offer advice
    CLEAN FLASH
    using COT Recovery 2.0.2
    Wipe /boot, /system, /cache, /data, /dalvik cache, /sd-ext (i have a 512mb ext/0 swap)
    Flash 11-3-12 BobZ CM10
    Reboot
    ROM runs well - no issues sans the GApps
    Reboot into recovery - Flash Bobz custom Gapps OR the one badboytoast just posted
    wipe dalvik and cache
    reboot.
    it installs the frameworks and other apk's in /system but i have no play store, therefore i cant download anything.

    SO FRUSTRATED.

    any ideas? please?

    Is the /system partition smaller on the S then the V maybe? IDK if the rom takes up too much space in /system and theres no room for the Gapps to flash? IDK....
    Just flashed this new update along with the gapps badboytoast posted ...i still have my play store icon active...so it still works. Weird.
  13. #888  
    eletendre84's Avatar
    #sarcasm

    Posts
    386 Posts
    ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Did u dirty flash over the 4.1.1 rom?

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
  14. #889  
    atrain2324's Avatar

    Posts
    200 Posts
    ROM
    BobZ CM10

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    Did u dirty flash over the 4.1.1 rom?

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

    yep. in recovery, wipe cache AND dalvik-cache. then flashed it on top.
  15. #890  
    jasonevil's Avatar

    Posts
    307 Posts
    ROM
    CM9

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    i just flashed this...works fine minus no playstore...i checked the new custom gapps, there isn't a playstore.apk in it....
  16. #891  
    Ryuk6666's Avatar

    Posts
    1,029 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonevil View Post
    i just flashed this...works fine minus no playstore...i checked the new custom gapps, there isn't a playstore.apk in it....
    4.0 and up the new play store all in gapps is actually called phonesky.apk hope this helped

    Sent from my OV.
    Thanked by:
  17. #892  
    eletendre84's Avatar
    #sarcasm

    Posts
    386 Posts
    ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuk6666 View Post
    4.0 and up the new play store all in gapps is actually called phonesky.apk hope this helped

    Sent from my OV.
    Well that explains the lack of vending.apk. still no play store on clean flash. Has anyone clean flashed this and gotten a play store?

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
  18. #893  
    brotherswing's Avatar

    Posts
    546 Posts
    ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    I have, using the gapps in the op. Clean flash of the 11/3 build, reboot twice then reboot to recovery and flash gapps, reboot again and profit.

    Repensum Est Canicula
    #_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .
    Thanked by:
  19. #894  
    eletendre84's Avatar
    #sarcasm

    Posts
    386 Posts
    ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Quote Originally Posted by brotherswing View Post
    I have, using the gapps in the op. Clean flash of the 11/3 build, reboot twice then reboot to recovery and flash gapps, reboot again and profit.

    Repensum Est Canicula
    I did this exactly. Still no play store. Idk what I'm doing wrong. Its very frustrating.

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
  20. #895  
    flapjack.fiasco's Avatar

    Posts
    776 Posts
    ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    I did a clean flash, flashed the gapps in the OP, and no problems. I didn't have to reboot twice or anything.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    This space intentionally left blank.
  21. #896  
    eletendre84's Avatar
    #sarcasm

    Posts
    386 Posts
    ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Ok, so, after some research, I think I figured it out. After the ROM flashes....my /system is completely full at 166 MB after flash. Is that why the market wont copy correctly to /system/app??
  22. #897  
    thekraven's Avatar

    Posts
    1,409 Posts
    ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    Ok, so, after some research, I think I figured it out. After the ROM flashes....my /system is completely full at 166 MB after flash. Is that why the market wont copy correctly to /system/app??
    That's the reason. Delete some ringtones, alarms, live wallpapers, fonts... that you don't use
    Thanked by:
  23. #898  
    eletendre84's Avatar
    #sarcasm

    Posts
    386 Posts
    ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Kraven, where are those located in /system?
  24. #899  
    atrain2324's Avatar

    Posts
    200 Posts
    ROM
    BobZ CM10

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    So tried the dirty flash method again. For me, it caused an authentication error. Clear data off Play Store and also unlink all Google Accounts registered to the phone and then relink at least your primary one. And then relink the rest. And done.
  25. #900  
    flapjack.fiasco's Avatar

    Posts
    776 Posts
    ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

    Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

    Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    Kraven, where are those located in /system?
    Ringtones, alarms, and notifications are in /system/media.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    This space intentionally left blank.
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions