Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree336Likes

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    I did this exactly. Still no play store. Idk what I'm doing wrong. Its very frustrating.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    It might be your recovery. Try changing recovery...I flashed my successfully using TWRP 2.2.1

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    IF I Help You In Any Way Please Push The Thanks Button [HL]It Feels Good To Know You Helped!![/HL]

ROM
    Xperion

I've had no problems flashing this with COT.

Repensum Est Canicula
    #_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .
    Thanked by:

just thought idmy in put my 2cents in

this rom rocks better than bobz cm9, theres more love in it
    he mms dosent work, at least with wifi n data turned off. the usual memory space problem, however the dps
    works well without crashing. and of course the camera display is cracked out, takes pic good, but bobs cm7 gave me
    better resolution in the pic. camcorder, n panorama is no good.
    applying themes fC system ui, the sms option to use dark theme dosent work, wifi dosent stay on when the device is locked for long periods of time, or data for that matter.
    there are lags all over and there is no reason to over clock due to crashes,.

im almost tempted to decompile the rom n touch it up, but like bob, there isnt enought time in the day to accomplish this..
    i wish there were a group dedicated devs source to colaberate with each other to hammer this down and make it solid.

aside from the shortcomings this rom is almost enough to compete with the past roms put out by bob.
    #sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

I don't have any problems flashing this with COT. My problem is that it fills /system so there's no room for gapps.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Maybe it's me...but is this update causing excessive battery drain in the first hour and a half or so? I put a fresh battery in my V at 6:47 pm and it went from, 100-89 in just 90 mins. Now its at 86 at 9:22 pm CT. It is virtually the same setup I had as far as sync, Twitter, SMS, screen, everything I had on CM7.2 Mirage...I didn't remember it draining that fast on the previous build and definitely not on BobZ CM9.1...

ROM
    Xperion

Quote Originally Posted by atrain2324 View Post
    Maybe it's me...but is this update causing excessive battery drain in the first hour and a half or so? I put a fresh battery in my V at 6:47 pm and it went from, 100-89 in just 90 mins. Now its at 86 at 9:22 pm CT. It is virtually the same setup I had as far as sync, Twitter, SMS, screen, everything I had on CM7.2 Mirage...I didn't remember it draining that fast on the previous build and definitely not on BobZ CM9.1...
    Not just you. Give it a few days, it gets better.

Repensum Est Canicula
    #_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .

Is anyone else having notifications not showing up in the status bar? Stock messaging, GNow notifications not showing, GoSMS, email and Gmail are all showing up.
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by atrain2324 View Post
    Nope. Today I went from 100-98 in 10 hours. I only used it once though in that time.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

I haven't seen much discussion of the mic since the update. Is it working? I tried the old school voice search from the play store and it won't even try to listen. I haven't had a chance to fool around with it. Has anyone get the mic to work with other apps?

Also thanks for the update Bob! I look forward to more next year, or whenever they come. I am so happy to know that you're still on it, and that someday we'll have a fully functional jb rom for the the ov. I have complete faith it will be done because of all of the awesomeness you've brought to this rom so far!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

What's a rom with no mic. I don't get it. Sorry its just frustrating I've tried to fix it my self

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen30 View Post
    What's a rom with no mic. I don't get it. Sorry its just frustrating I've tried to fix it my self

Voice search is not that popular of a feature. I'd honestly wish users would stop saying the "mic doesn't work", because that implies that it does not work for calls, which it does. It is just not accessible by voice search, and possibly other applications (as far as I know...I don't use my V any longer, so I'm not sure what the current status is.)
    --Chris [cole2kb]
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Cold as Ice

People have commented in the past about dragon dictation and a few other apps. Let me be clear, calls work. The microphone works fine for calls. You can definitely make calls with this rom. I am only saying that the mic does not seem to with certain apps. It works for calls. Se trabaja para llenos.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    BobZ CM10

It's a lil off-topic, but considering we have the same specs (sans physical keyboard), I feel so much better that Bob may have made the best CM10 ever for a phone of similar specs...

Link!

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

Voice search is popular, I use it everyday, the only thing holding it back is that it sucks lol. Google needs better voice recognition. It sucks losing to fruit lol

come to the dark side
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by cole2kb View Post
    Voice search is not that popular of a feature. I'd honestly wish users would stop saying the "mic doesn't work", because that implies that it does not work for calls, which it does. It is just not accessible by voice search, and possibly other applications (as far as I know...I don't use my V any longer, so I'm not sure what the current status is.)
    Well let me let u in on something my ov has been with me since oct 2011 I use it daily its my One and Only and the mic doesn't WORK BRO. not for anything!!! Sound hound groove IP and last and least voice Search.

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    People have commented in the past about dragon dictation and a few other apps. Let me be clear, calls work. The microphone works fine for calls. You can definitely make calls with this rom. I am only saying that the mic does not seem to with certain apps. It works for calls. Se trabaja para llenos.

I use calls with groove IP and it doesn't work

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

With a screen so small it makes hitting just one key on the virtual keyboard hard. Voice should really be the main input on this handset.

come to the dark side
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold.As.Ice CM9/Kernel 21

If it's that important to you, then you can use build 08312012. voice search using the work around works for that build. or you can go to BobZs CM9

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by exProphecy View Post
    If it's that important to you, then you can use build 08312012. voice search using the work around works for that build. or you can go to BobZs CM9
    I've been thinking about that release. Does any one think it would be possible to transplant some file, libs, or drivers from that zip to the current release to fix the mic for apps? I would just use that release, but there have been some good fixes since then, like proximity sensor etc.

Please don't suggest a dirty flash.

Last edited by upconvert; 11-06-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by exProphecy View Post
    How exactly would one go about using that workaround, I haven't heard of it. Unless I missed something obvious, which is completely possible.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

The work around was to uninstall the voice search and install the one from the market. That only works on the first few releases, not the latest ones, because in the last 2 or 3 updates, apps don't have access to the mic.

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

Quote Originally Posted by BobZhome View Post
    11-3-12:

1. Sync'd with CM10: Now at Android 4.1.2
    2. Fixed: Notification Blur
    3. Fixed: USB mass storage
    4. Tweaked: Button Lights(they behave nicely now)
    5. NOTE: Also new custom Gapps below
    ...are you sure about that USB mass storage? It still isn't working for my Optimus S. It usually won't even connect; and when it does, the computer won't recognize it (and this is WITH the LG drivers installed). The tenth time I tried to get it working, it simply caused the phone to reboot. Still having to go to "mount usb storage" from Recovery in order to connect the thing to the computer...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well let me let u in on something my ov has been with me since oct 2011 I use it daily its my One and Only and the mic doesn't WORK BRO. not for anything!!! Sound hound groove IP and last and least voice Search.

Okay, "bro", like I stated, the mic does not work for applications, so it won't function for GrooveIP, Soundhound, or Voice Search. Regular calls work fine.
    --Chris [cole2kb]

Quote Originally Posted by cole2kb View Post
    Okay, "bro", like I stated, the mic does not work for applications, so it won't function for GrooveIP, Soundhound, or Voice Search. Regular calls work fine.
    SAD FACE sorry 4 being a dik

Thanked by:
    upconvert, Sneaky_1 and johnh02 like this.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkenred View Post
    ...are you sure about that USB mass storage? It still isn't working for my Optimus S. It usually won't even connect; and when it does, the computer won't recognize it (and this is WITH the LG drivers installed). The tenth time I tried to get it working, it simply caused the phone to reboot. Still having to go to "mount usb storage" from Recovery in order to connect the thing to the computer...
    Did you try toggling adb?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Shinkenred likes this.
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 ... LastLast