Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree336Likes

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

Quote Originally Posted by biggjoe View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the new 'Developer Options'. Yes, I made sure that it was checked. Still no ADB though, nor do I have lockscreen. Hmmmm.

BJ

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    I think I remember reading earlier in this thread about having to toggle ADB over network in order to get ADB over USB to work. I could be mistaken though, it could've been a different thread. Worth a shot though.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    This space intentionally left blank.

That's not cool because the cam and don't work
    #sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

Bigjoe its because you have am optimus s. It doesn't flash properly on the s. It fills up system and things like adb or lock screen or no play store start happening from a bad flash

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by ssiebor14 View Post
    That's not cool because the cam and don't work
    Please stop saying that the camera doesn't work. It's simply not true. The camera preview looks garbled, but it still takes pictures. If the camera app FC's on you, it's entirely possible that you have your processor clocked too high. Camera and gallery FC's are a common symptom of having your clock speed set a little too high. I took several pictures today, without issue.

Thanked by 4:
    drezliok and biggjoe like this.

So what clocking do you prefer an what governor
    t27man89 likes this.

Mines set to 600 and 787

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

So what clocking do you prefer an what governor
    I never changed mine. Works great too.

So what's preferred?

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

So what's preferred?
    Well I prefer not too. So that is what is preferred. Every phone is different. My opinion is that we are pushing this little phone hard enough with the O/S we shouldn't need or want to invite instability by over clocking.

True but I under clocked back ro regular settings and the camera still f*cks up

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Okay, so what exactly do you mean by that? Does it force close?

No it just give me a pixelated screen cuts out . When I go to video stuff it doesn't video at all it makes a mirror of everything which is cool as hell but other than that everything ElSE works

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

Does it flicker? Mine does that but works fine. I don't need my camera much so it is tolerable to me.

I love recording moments and making videos so I hate that I can't use that.. camera Still takes pictures but is shakey

ROM
    Stock Nexus 4

I wanted to point out that there was an update to google now. I'm sure there will be an update on November 13 but I used the latest I could find and scrolling works. I know zakman pointed this out a couple weeks ago but the gapps he pointed to at XDA was dated 20121018 so i'm not sure if it's the same version. A key feature aside from working scrolling is that "google now" now appears on the lockscreen; you slide up to get to it.

Here is the link where I found the apk that I tried out; it says now version is 2.1.12.516912; if that means anything to anyone:

This is what I did to install if you need it:
    1. go into recovery mode
    2. mount system
    3. adb shell into /system/app
    4. remove QuickSearchBox.apk
    5. reboot into normal operation
    6. download the apk and install
    Thanked by 3:
    drezliok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by biggjoe View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the new 'Developer Options'. Yes, I made sure that it was checked. Still no ADB though, nor do I have lockscreen. Hmmmm.

BJ
    Well with no lockscreen and no adb functionality I think you need to reflash.

I have adb access and the lockscreen but my phone still does random reboots so mine isn't perfect either. Until we have more testing/info it may take a bit to stomp out or work around the current set of bugs and misfeatures. Bob advises letting the phone "settle down" for a few minutes after it starts up. I don't do this, so that may be the source of my reboots. If that changes I'll post again with updated results.

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    **Several

Yes, we finally know the problem. Several of us are running this ROM on our LS-670 Sprint Optimus S, along with a patch that makes this ROM work on our Sprint version of the Optimus V.

For some reason, the /system partition on our phone is somewhat smaller than the Optimus V, so we run out of room during the flash which causes all sorts of issues.

BJ

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Phone(s) : Samsung Galaxy S3 - Wicked Sensations ROM (v4.0) | LG Optimus S - COLD AS ICE-CM9 ROM | iPhone 4 - Jail-Broken IOS v5.0.1 | Palm Pre - **Patched & running Developer Mode & PreWare' | Palm Pixi - **Developer Mode, patched OC Kernal & PreWare | Blackberry Curve 9330 - Hybrid OS OSBB 600v9
    Tablet(s) : Toshiba Thrive 16 GB - Team Baked Black Bean Thrive ROM (Unofficial- By Pio) | B+N Nook Tablet - CodefireX for the NT ROM (Unofficial)
    Misc. Pwned Devices : Sprint Airave, Sony PSP, Wii (Homebrew), Nintendo DS/DSI, SurfBoard Cable Modems, etc.

Noob ?: I can't get gapps working either. How does one access the system partition to try to fix?

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Dean View Post
    Noob ?: I can't get gapps working either. How does one access the system partition to try to fix?
    Use the root file manager, open it go to system and delete some apk, ect just enough to flash Jb-gapps!!

IF I Help You In Any Way Please Push The Thanks Button [HL]It Feels Good To Know You Helped!![/HL]

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Badboytoast View Post
    Use the root file manager, open it go to system and delete some apk, ect just enough to flash Jb-gapps!!

That won't work. You need to open the ROM up with winRAR or 7zip on a PC. Don't extract it, just open it. Then you need to delete some apps from the system/apps folder (things like email, Apollo, etc.), maybe switch out the LatinIME.apk for a smaller one. Someone else using an Optimus S did this a few pages back on this thread. Read what they did.

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    That won't work. You need to open the ROM up with winRAR or 7zip on a PC. Don't extract it, just open it. Then you need to delete some apps from the system/apps folder (things like email, Apollo, etc.), maybe switch out the LatinIME.apk for a smaller one. Someone else using an Optimus S did this a few pages back on this thread. Read what they did.

Yes if you have a computer, and know a little bit of 7zip!
    I just use root explore.apk and delete all the system/apps that I don't use, also some ringtones that I don't use! Then flash jb-gapps!! It works trust me!!

IF I Help You In Any Way Please Push The Thanks Button [HL]It Feels Good To Know You Helped!![/HL]

ROM
    CM10/BobzHome's 4.1

Can someone slim down the 4.2 gesture keyboard?

Okay, I think I got it... I deleted Apollo, Browser, Calculator, and Email, and put in the smaller LatinIME. Posted the result .
    Thanked by:
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Apollo is force closing on me...

ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

I've never used Apollo. Do other music players have issues for you?

Repensum Est Canicula
    #_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142 ... LastLast