Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1173
Like Tree336Likes
    #sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

Why would u want to delete browser?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    Why would u want to delete browser?

If you pretty much use one of the alternate browsers like Dolphin, Firefox Beta...the like. Personally I prefer Dolphin, it can even be moved into System as long as there's room and it works just fine. When I used to be on CM7, I moved Dolphin to System and deleted the stock browser.

Ahhh...those Link2SD days...
    Thanked by:
    sellers86 and Encerspay45 like this.
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by brotherswing View Post
    I've never used Apollo. Do other music players have issues for you?

Repensum Est Canicula
    Nope, just that one. I used it because I was on the road and didn't have time to download another before driving.

ROM
    Stock Nexus 4

so i'm trying to figure out why wifi doesn't work - specifically infrastructure AP mode. This works in gingerbread builds and I am assuming here this is an issue with the wpa_supplicant? well that might not be the issue because when I take the wpa_supplicant from the Harmonia build that just doesn't work at all.

shouldnt this wifi issue be a firmware and/or kernel thing? and if so, if it works in a previous rom why would software i.e. jellybean os impact that?

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Quote Originally Posted by capslock118 View Post
    so i'm trying to figure out why wifi doesn't work - specifically infrastructure AP mode. This works in gingerbread builds and I am assuming here this is an issue with the wpa_supplicant? well that might not be the issue because when I take the wpa_supplicant from the Harmonia build that just doesn't work at all.

shouldnt this wifi issue be a firmware and/or kernel thing? and if so, if it works in a previous rom why would software i.e. jellybean os impact that?
    i think it's not an issue with just BobZ, but CM 9 AND 10 in general. Prolly has something to do with the carriers around the world wanting to make it worth our while to tether without paying. Tethering via ad-hoc mode is inherently dangerous since the only security you get is if you even bother to set a password to it because by default, ad-hoc mode on any wireless connection has no such thing.

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    **Several

The Wireless Tether App that I use offers encryption amongst other security options.

Here's the app:

https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by biggjoe; 11-12-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    Phone(s) : Samsung Galaxy S3 - Wicked Sensations ROM (v4.0) | LG Optimus S - COLD AS ICE-CM9 ROM | iPhone 4 - Jail-Broken IOS v5.0.1 | Palm Pre - **Patched & running Developer Mode & PreWare' | Palm Pixi - **Developer Mode, patched OC Kernal & PreWare | Blackberry Curve 9330 - Hybrid OS OSBB 600v9
    Tablet(s) : Toshiba Thrive 16 GB - Team Baked Black Bean Thrive ROM (Unofficial- By Pio) | B+N Nook Tablet - CodefireX for the NT ROM (Unofficial)
    Misc. Pwned Devices : Sprint Airave, Sony PSP, Wii (Homebrew), Nintendo DS/DSI, SurfBoard Cable Modems, etc.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock Nexus 4

right, didn't mean to imply this was on bobzs rom. I know this is in general because infrastructure AP worked just fine with gingerbread roms. ad-hoc isn't supported on my nexus 7, so ad-hoc as an option is out.

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    **Several

Capslock118,

Will your Nexus 7 support Ad-Hoc mode w/ the Wireless Tether App (Above)?

BJ
    Phone(s) : Samsung Galaxy S3 - Wicked Sensations ROM (v4.0) | LG Optimus S - COLD AS ICE-CM9 ROM | iPhone 4 - Jail-Broken IOS v5.0.1 | Palm Pre - **Patched & running Developer Mode & PreWare' | Palm Pixi - **Developer Mode, patched OC Kernal & PreWare | Blackberry Curve 9330 - Hybrid OS OSBB 600v9
    Tablet(s) : Toshiba Thrive 16 GB - Team Baked Black Bean Thrive ROM (Unofficial- By Pio) | B+N Nook Tablet - CodefireX for the NT ROM (Unofficial)
    Misc. Pwned Devices : Sprint Airave, Sony PSP, Wii (Homebrew), Nintendo DS/DSI, SurfBoard Cable Modems, etc.

Has anyone tried flashing 4.2 gapps with this ROM? I want to give it a try, but if someone else has experience...

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

Quote Originally Posted by TheNarrator View Post
    Has anyone tried flashing 4.2 gapps with this ROM? I want to give it a try, but if someone else has experience...
    Link please

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    IF I Help You In Any Way Please Push The Thanks Button [HL]It Feels Good To Know You Helped!![/HL]

ROM
    quattrimus cm9

Try it. If it doesn't work right flash this remove gapps zip.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1969755

Sent from my CAI VM670

Quote Originally Posted by Badboytoast View Post
    Link please

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Linkage: 4.2 GAPPS - Not Signed
    SeigaGen says it's been known to have issues with stock Jelly Bean, but since Bobz is using CM10 I don't think it'll be a problem.
    Thanked by:

Flashed. Everything seems to be working except the camera. Camera seems to FC, shows desktop through a bunch of static, I have to reboot from the lock screen because the power options menu shows up behind the static and doesn't respond to touch. I'm going to try and use it throughout the day, but does anyone have ideas about the camera?

ROM
    Cold as Ice

It seems fairly big (142mb compared to Bobz 12mb). Did you have enough room on your system partition to install it?
    #sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    It seems fairly big (142mb compared to Bobz 12mb). Did you have enough room on your system partition to install it?
    No. He did not. Haha. 142 megs is 95% of the v's system partition

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    No. He did not. Haha. 142 megs is 95% of the v's system partition

That's why I asked. I was wondering if he deleted most of the apk's first.

All I know is, it did work. Except the camera. I didn't reflash the ROM, just cleared the cache/dalvik and flashed. I have the updated camera icon and the new gallery and calender, along with the new clock widget.. This didn't install Wallet, Street or any other things that weren't already installed. It makes me wonder if it only updates what is already installed and doesn't install new stuff. Someone with more experience, please offer your input.
    EDIT:
    Keyboard doesn't seem to be working either.

ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

All I know is, it did work. Except the camera. I didn't reflash the ROM, just cleared the cache/dalvik and flashed. I have the updated camera icon and the new gallery and calender, along with the new clock widget.. This didn't install Wallet, Street or any other things that weren't already installed. It makes me wonder if it only updates what is already installed and doesn't install new stuff. Someone with more experience, please offer your input.
    EDIT:
    try to redownload everything then do a clean flash(wipe EVERYTHING but sdcard)
    I love this show

Quote Originally Posted by ZackVortex View Post
    try to redownload everything then do a clean flash(wipe EVERYTHING but sdcard)
    I'll give it a try this evening and report back.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

EDIT:
    As I understand it, it will start installing stuff until it runs out of room, and then give up, but not generate any error messages. That's why optimus s users were ending upwith no play store when they thought they had installed gapps correctly. It would make sense that it would install over apk's that are already there, since that frees up space as it goes along. The way to do it in a predictable way would be to edit the gapps.zip, removing 90% of the apk's (by size). Once you get it down to roughly the size of BobZ gapps, then try flashing that with a fresh flash of cm10. If I get a chance I'll give it a try tonight.

So I'm trying to get this to work with CDMA Workshop, but since USB doesn't work, nothing appears yet.

I'm running the latest build (11/3) and whenever I plug it in, it says the device has an error.

Does anyone know how to get CDMA to see it? Perhaps over ADB?

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    As I understand it, it will start installing stuff until it runs out of room, and then give up, but not generate any error messages. That's why optimus s users were ending upwith no play store when they thought they had installed gapps correctly. It would make sense that it would install over apk's that are already there, since that frees up space as it goes along. The way to do it in a predictable way would be to edit the gapps.zip, removing 90% of the apk's (by size). Once you get it down to roughly the size of BobZ gapps, then try flashing that with a fresh flash of cm10. If I get a chance I'll give it a try tonight.
    That makes sense. I wondered why there were no error messages with anything.

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Looks like CM10 has reached stable build and that CM 10.1 is underway...

CyanogenMod 10.0 Release | CyanogenMod

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    **Several

Is anyone else having issues with their Blue-tooth functionality and this ROM? I thought things were working correctly at first, but lately when I try to make a call...it gives me a horrific static blast in my ear...lol.

BJ

ROM
    quattrimus cm9

1000th post lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    anthonycr likes this.
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243 ... LastLast