Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1173
Like Tree336Likes

Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

Quote Originally Posted by Deucalion29710 View Post
    Has anybody else had success with accessing their voice mail using this rom? My data seems to work fine except for the random drops, but Fresh Network is a good workaround. I can place and receive regular calls, but when I call my voice mail it connects me to "Alex" over at Virgin Mobile. Any ideas??? My camera is choppy too. Any suggestions for third party camera apps as a positive work around?
    For your voicmail you have to call your own number for it to work, and I use Camera 360 off the mark

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Deucalion29710 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by _alexkta View Post
    For your voicmail you have to call your own number for it to work, and I use Camera 360 off the mark

Thanks for that Alex. How do I clear my voice mail notification from the status bar? It doesn't seem to want to slide away.

Thanks for that Alex. How do I clear my voice mail notification from the status bar? It doesn't seem to want to slide away.
    Same happens to me eventually it'll go away

Quick way to get rid of it is to just have someone leave you a voicemail. Then go delete it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

LoL sometimes the answers are so simple we overlook. Thanks jay.

One more question about this rom...where are my Call Settings? I used SIP for the internet calling on the Bobz 7.2 rom and would like to use it again.

ROM
    Xperion

Open the phone app, hit menu, go into settings. It should be towards the bottom.

Repensum Est Canicula
    #_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .
    Thanked by:

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Has anybody else had success with accessing their voice mail using this rom? My data seems to work fine except for the random drops, but Fresh Network is a good workaround. I can place and receive regular calls, but when I call my voice mail it connects me to "Alex" over at Virgin Mobile. Any ideas??? My camera is choppy too. Any suggestions for third party camera apps as a positive work around?
    What is Fresh Network? I had that problem too for a little bit. Now it's not doing that.

I use Camera ICS+ ('course the premium version, who wants ads in their camera app?) and 360 Panorama for panorama shots. I used to be an aficionado for Camera Zoom FX but I think the Jelly Bean libs customized for the ThunderC boards is too little for what FX needs to work. I had a big problem with my screen going bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by atrain2324 View Post
    What is Fresh Network? I had that problem too for a little bit. Now it's not doing that.

I use Camera ICS+ ('course the premium version, who wants ads in their camera app?) and 360 Panorama for panorama shots. I used to be an aficionado for Camera Zoom FX but I think the Jelly Bean libs customized for the ThunderC boards is too little for what FX needs to work. I had a big problem with my screen going bonkers.
    Fresh Network is a handy app that simply resets and calibrates your connections.

For whatever reason, my microphone on my keyboard does not work. It says to install voice search but when I look on Google Play it is already installed. No way that I can see to reinstall it or whatever. Suggestions???

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Fresh Network is a handy app that simply resets and calibrates your connections.

For whatever reason, my microphone on my keyboard does not work. It says to install voice search but when I look on Google Play it is already installed. No way that I can see to reinstall it or whatever. Suggestions???
    The mic doesn't work with apps on this release. Two releases ago, it was working, but I don't remember the date on that one. If you read back a bit in the thread, you should be able to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    The mic doesn't work with apps on this release. Two releases ago, it was working, but I don't remember the date on that one. If you read back a bit in the thread, you should be able to find it.

Can you point me in the direction of that rom?

ROM
    it changes so much

Check the op

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Hope this is not a ROM thing. I have no problem generally receiving texts or sending them (although at times, I have been a victim of a text bomb every now and then). No problem calling, but lately I am having some major difficulties getting incoming calls, which frustrates friends and especially family.

I used a friend's phone to call my phone and it took anywhere between 8 and 20 secs before my phone would wake and ring, which on the upper end of the time length, would give me 1 ring before it goes to voicemail. For my family, 8 seconds is too long for them, they expect me to pick up on the second ring almost all the time.

And then sometimes, I would dial and then it would ring, ring, ring and ring some more but the phone would never wake up and ring itself.

Is it a ROM thing? Because if it is, I'm flashing back to my Nandroid backup of CM9.1 and wait till next year when Bob comes up with something new!

ROM
    Xperion

Try this, clear the data on the phone app, then pull the battery, hold the power button for thirty seconds, then put the battery back in and power up. See if that does anything.

Repensum Est Canicula
    Thanked by:

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Quote Originally Posted by brotherswing View Post
    Try this, clear the data on the phone app, then pull the battery, hold the power button for thirty seconds, then put the battery back in and power up. See if that does anything.

Repensum Est Canicula
    We'll see how this one goes. If all else fails, back to my CM9 image I go...

ROM
    BobZ CM10

brotherswing...seems to have improved for now. Will see how it is a few days from now.

Why did I have to press down Power for 30 seconds? Just curious. And clear data off the phone app?
    Thanked by:
    jxc011 

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

brotherswing...seems to have improved for now. Will see how it is a few days from now.

Why did I have to press down Power for 30 seconds? Just curious. And clear data off the phone app?
    I believe it resets the phone. Not sure though.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Android Central Forums
    Guess whos coming back!

Is there any kind of work around for this?

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Is there any kind of work around for this?
    It was the 8/31 build. Idk if bob still has it up anywhere, but maybe you could pm him.

ROM
    Xperion

A lot of times junk data is floating around in the memory. Rebooting helps, but if the junk is in the system areas instead of ram then the power button trick is needed. It forces the phone to clear out all of the memory, including anything still in the cache and system areas. The next step after that would be clearing the data for the whole phone.

Repensum Est Canicula

I am determined to get my mic to work with this rom, for I rely heavily on it sometimes. I found a maybe solution here Install Google Now With Fully Functional Voice Search From Jelly Bean On Any Android 4.0 ICS Device | Redmond Pie

The problem is that when I try to paste the new apk into the system app folder using root explorer it gives me a low storage error. I need to free up about 9 mb of rom space. Any suggestions? Also, how do I clear my cache? ES file explorer does not seem to work for clearing cache on this rom.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

I am determined to get my mic to work with this rom, for I rely heavily on it sometimes. I found a maybe solution here Install Google Now With Fully Functional Voice Search From Jelly Bean On Any Android 4.0 ICS Device | Redmond Pie

The problem is that when I try to paste the new apk into the system app folder using root explorer it gives me a low storage error. I need to free up about 9 mb of rom space. Any suggestions? Also, how do I clear my cache? ES file explorer does not seem to work for clearing cache on this rom.
    I don't think that will fix the mic problem, as it doesn't work with any apps, but feel free to try. You need to delete things from the system partition. The obvious things include ringtones and wallpapers, but you are gonna have a hard time finding a significant amount of space there. I don't remember which keyboard Bob used, but there is one that is less than 2mb that you could try.

You can clear your cache in recovery.
    Thanked by:

I don't think that will fix the mic problem, as it doesn't work with any apps, but feel free to try. You need to delete things from the system partition. The obvious things include ringtones and wallpapers, but you are gonna have a hard time finding a significant amount of space there. I don't remember which keyboard Bob used, but there is one that is less than 2mb that you could try.

You can clear your cache in recovery.
    What I am noticing is that there is no voice search in the loaded apk within the system app folder although it reports as being installed in Google Play. This could be the issue?

ROM
    Cold as Ice

I think it probably has something to do with a lib, or some other system file. I doubt it's an apk problem as it affects all apps (several apks). I have resigned myself to waiting patiently until Bob has time to work on the rom. He has said he should be getting to it next year.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1050  

ROM
    CM9/10

Here is my folder to all my CM10 builds.

I was able to compile a CM10.1(Android 4.2.1), but it did not boot
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445 ... LastLast