Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 41424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1173
Like Tree336Likes

Default Re: [ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

Quote Originally Posted by BobZhome View Post
    Vsync wasn't the issue...if you look at my logcat it seems hwcomposer and genlock is the main issue. My guess is that ARM6 support is gone from android_hardware_qcom_display...Google and CM are not making it easy to support these old devices!
    Bobz, similar issue was discussed 6 days ago by p500 developers who had the same issue. They said something about EGL patch. https://github.com/lgics/cm_device_lge_p350/issues/2. It appears that developer Rashed97 fixed it.
    Thanked by:
    bigsupersquid likes this.

EDIT: I did exactly what I said, without reading the full details of the patch. Clearly, I applied the Sprint patch to my VM phone, Once I re-flashed the ROM (no patch) things work fine. Ignore my embarrassing mistake, please

Hey BobZhome,

I just did a clean flash of this great ROM and I like it alot. I did the ROM (BobZhome's CM10 11032012 Build) and the patch (BobZhome's CM10 11032012 LS670). Everything is great but my Home and Menu keys seem to be switched.

I feel like I've seen this issue mentioned here and there for the OV, and it looks like there's even a mention of fixing it in your changelog. Still, they're backwards for me. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Adam
    Last edited by Adam Hartman; 12-16-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Stupidity
    upconvert likes this.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Edit: reread last post and realized it was figured out.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    CM10/BobzHome's 4.1

Any updates Bobz?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1080  

ROM
    CM9/10

Yes and no, it seems as if I cleaned up hwcomposer and genlock...but now I'm having issues with surfaceflinger
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

Not booting part 2 lol. I know its not funny but it sounds so epic I couldn't help myself.

tea candles are the duct tape of candles
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04

Quote Originally Posted by BobZhome View Post
    Yes and no, it seems as if I cleaned up hwcomposer and genlock...but now I'm having issues with surfaceflinger
    Bobz
    Gerrit Code Review
    Gerrit Code Review

Try applying these and enabling JNI check

Try these:
    Gerrit Code Review
    Gerrit Code Review
    Gerrit Code Review
    Gerrit Code Review
    Last edited by Promethium97z; 12-21-2012 at 03:56 PM.
    bigsupersquid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    The mic doesn't work with apps on this release. Two releases ago, it was working, but I don't remember the date on that one. If you read back a bit in the thread, you should be able to find it.
    Microphone isn't working for me with apps either. I use GrooveIP to make calls and I can hear the person but they can't hear me. I also tried bluetooth and all I hear is loud static. /:

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Man I really hate to sound newbish, but, everytime I try to install the ROM and Gapp's I don't get the PlayStore in any shape, form, or fashion. I opened the Gapp's zip and didn't see the vending.apk.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CM10/BobzHome's 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by 0vermind View Post
    Microphone isn't working for me with apps either. I use GrooveIP to make calls and I can hear the person but they can't hear me. I also tried bluetooth and all I hear is loud static. /:
    Its being updated asap

Wow!!! Dude I downloaded flashed everything royalty flawless man I don't care for what's not working but it would be nice just to have, this is my new daily driver keep up the awesome work,,oh are there any new updates coming and if you could add Chinese to language thanks man I love it you deserve a novella prize ))

I would love to use this as it is simply the best looking rom for the OV. However... My phone constantly reboots with this rom and I don't know why..... It will freeze up randomly and then just do a hard reboot.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Have you made a 2GB ext.3 partition on the SD card from the recovery?
    Also: From the recovery did you wipe data/factory reset, cache partition, dalvik cache. Also, did you format boot, cache, data, and system.
    One last question : Did you have the PlayStore when it booted from recovery?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    Have you made a 2GB ext.3 partition on the SD card from the recovery?
    Also: From the recovery did you wipe data/factory reset, cache partition, dalvik cache. Also, did you format boot, cache, data, and system.
    One last question : Did you have the PlayStore when it booted from recovery?

yes I have an sd-ext partition, I did the factory reset on my phone that whipes everything. I also tried installing it a second time, no dice. still freezes up randomly. I did have the play store, as I flashed the 'small' gapps like it said in the opening post. Thanks for the help though I would really like to get it to work. also my phone is not overclocked and I touched nothing in performance.

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

Quote Originally Posted by petex420 View Post
    yes I have an sd-ext partition, I did the factory reset on my phone that whipes everything. I also tried installing it a second time, no dice. still freezes up randomly. I did have the play store, as I flashed the 'small' gapps like it said in the opening post. Thanks for the help though I would really like to get it to work. also my phone is not overclocked and I touched nothing in performance.
    I've found that the factory reset fails to do a full wipe. I format each one manually in recovery.
    Optimus V, Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101,
    Nexus 4 - CarbonRom, Nexus 7 - CarbonRom, and soon Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by drezliok View Post
    I've found that the factory reset fails to do a full wipe. I format each one manually in recovery.
    Factory reset does not do a full wipe. It formats /data, /cache, and /sd-ext on cot recovery

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Factory reset does not do a full wipe. It formats /data, /cache, and /sd-ext on cot recovery

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware
    I just did them all manually and it still froze twice in a row while entering my email address and putting in my wifi password.....

ROM
    Cold as Ice

I just did them all manually and it still froze twice in a row while entering my email address and putting in my wifi password.....
    Bump your min clock speed up to 480. Trust me.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    Bump your min clock speed up to 480. Trust me.

k ill try it won't that kill my battery life though ?

ROM
    Cold as Ice

k ill try it won't that kill my battery life though ?
    Meh. I'd rather have a working rom than a full battery.

Shinkenred likes this.

heh I have working roms, just not this one.... but yea changing min to 480 *seems* to have fixed the issue.

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Its been proven that in the OV's case, overclock can actually improve your battery life.
    Guess whos coming back!
    exProphecy and Shinkenred like this.

ROM
    Xperion

There is no battery savings below 480 on the Arm6. However if it's clocked lower than that, it takes more juice to ramp up the speed. Therefore keeping the minimum at 480 is the most efficient.

Repensum Est Canicula
    #_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .
    glarepate likes this.

ahh I see, well changing the min to 480 solved my crashing issue. but I found out it is not mounting my EXT partition? I can do it manually..... but it isn't copying apps to it like it says it does in the OP

Ok so it appears my 32gb sd card was failing after 6 months so that was causing the sd-ext to not be mounted. popped in a 2gb and its working fine.
    Last edited by petex420; 12-28-2012 at 04:28 PM.

ROM
    Xperion

There you go.

Repensum Est Canicula
    #_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .