[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I had problems with that too when I was trying to flash. I figured out that the problem was I had forgot to disable Signature Verification in recovery before flashing modified BobZ's rom (replaced LatinIME.apk with smaller one) and Zackmans Gapps. Have you tried disabling signature verification?

Disabling signature verification will do nothing. If there is a problem with the signature the recovery will tell you, otherwise if there is no error shown then you can assume they flashed correctly. The Gapps are not showing up simply because the space issue is so tight.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Note most (all?) Recoveries fail to notify you when you run out of space installing stuff. So it can look like a successful install but actually be incomplete.

Reactions: nitestalkr

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Note most (all?) Recoveries fail to notify you when you run out of space installing stuff. So it can look like a successful install but actually be incomplete.

I think all of our recoveries do that.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I saw Mickyvai did this over at xda, and uploaded the fixed latinIME.apk. took the ime down to 2.44 MB :)

Here is the post by him, and here is the changed apk :)

I took out the latinIME.apk and swapped it out with this one. then, I used a different gapps(A slimmed down one, like 16 MB). This stopped the home button malfunction, and all of the gapps installed properly. This rom is freaking awesome. :D

Issues I've noticed.
1. As I expected, voice search doesn't work.
2. Just had a reboot while downloading the voice search from the Play Store. It rebooted in approximately 1-2 seconds and continued the download. :thumbup: (For the fast fast FAST reboot)
3. Installing the Voice Search from the Play Store WORKS.
4. In the bottom of the Notification dropdown, where it says Virgin Mobile, it says No internet connection, if there is none.
5. Every boot = optimizing x out of y apps.
6. USB mass storage
7. Camcorder
8. Camera preview does not fill the screen completely and it has some WEIRD fuzziness(like a tv with no service) sometimes, but it works!!! :D
9. Using a usb in order to do adb does not work HOWEVER, I tried adb connect over wifi, and it worked!!!!!! ;alskdfj; alskdf!!!!! That was so awesome :)

I LOVE this rom so far!!! Definitely going to be my new daily.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I was getting lots and lots of reboots everytime I tried browsing the internet. Tried different cpu settings, always kept rebooting. So I'm back to cm9 for now. :p

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Data radio on this ROM only works part of the time. If u set or phone down for more then 45min the data no longer works :/ otherwise its a great ROM @Bob, anyway to fix this?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

jcaruso0725

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Better than cm9 on my phone. I removed the original latinime and put in the small as well as removed the face unlock in the gapps.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: md5 checksums.

Hi Bob,

I just downloaded the 8-22 ROM. I ran md5sum on it and it returned 989d4cd4d39f8affd246e2ac20c8770b as the value. That shows as being the checksum for the full GAPPS on page 1. I looked inside the zip files and it is the ROM, not the GAPPS.

And the md5sum I got for gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip was f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7. It does have the .apk files in it. (;

Reactions: BobZhome

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: md5 checksums.

Data radio on this ROM only works part of the time. If u set or phone down for more then 45min the data no longer works :/ otherwise its a great ROM @Bob, anyway to fix this?

I found the issue with the radio, will be fixed with next release.
I have been playing with the keyboard, but I was only able to successfully trim 6MB... It become nonfunctional when I trimmed to much from it.
Where did that small keyboard come from? I may ask permission to use it.

Hi Bob,

I just downloaded the 8-22 ROM. I ran md5sum on it and it returned 989d4cd4d39f8affd246e2ac20c8770b as the value. That shows as being the checksum for the full GAPPS on page 1. I looked inside the zip files and it is the ROM, not the GAPPS.

And the md5sum I got for gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip was f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7. It does have the .apk files in it. (;
Fixed...Thanks!

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Bob is there any way to remove the asserts from this so I can flash it on my opti s? I get an error :(.

Using drews recovery

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome that you guys have Jelly Bean! Even though I moved on 2 months ago to the Epic 4g Touch (we have a pretty awesome JB ROM as well), I think it's awesome that this phone keeps on trucking. To think this started with Froyo.

Actually, when I purchased my E4GT, and traded my OV in, the sales clerk was amazed that I had ICS running on it! :)

Have fun with your JB folks. Buttery Smooth!

MaddMatt252

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Bobz,

You have done great work! thought I would put some input in that maybe of some help.

Most everything is working for me (not play) that I use every day. Browser, 3g toggle, and more! Not too sure what I did (was playing around trying to get it to work). there is some stuttering with notification in the status bar with they show up, not a big deal.

Flashed 8-22 after a full wipe and gapps(med, from your site)
Booted, a few restarts
Wiped both cashes, and reflashed 8-22.
Booted and its great!

If play store worked, this would be a full working rom! Cant find any other bugs.

Matt

Edit: I side loaded titanum backup, and instaled my normal apps from your ics build. They work fine

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox