[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Any updates?
Also, potential data drop fix: replace libims_client_jni.so with the one from ics
Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think I fixed it, I replaced radiooptions in system/bin with the one from ics and have been running fine for an hour now. will report later in the day for update

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm still running it, I've been running it since 9 and no data drops with radiooptions replaced, I'm overclocked to 806

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
You maybe be on to something....because minimum RIL_VERSION did increase from 2 to 6 in jellybean, but not in ICS. Our phones do use some old ril blobs!
If the file switch works, I can easily implement a LEGACY_RIL in my build to fix the issue.

Also it seems the the data drop is not the same with all phone...for me, it only seems to happen after a long(10 minutes) call and if it sits UN-touch for a long time(like over night).

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
You maybe be on to something....because minimum RIL_VERSION did increase from 2 to 6 in jellybean, but not in ICS. Our phones do use some old ril blobs!<br />
If the file switch works, I can easily implement a LEGACY_RIL in my build to fix the issue.<br />
<br />
Also it seems the the data drop is not the same with all phone...for me, it only seems to happen after a long(10 minutes) call and if it sits UN-touch for a long time(like over night).
Could that be a deep sleep issue?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
You maybe be on to something....because minimum RIL_VERSION did increase from 2 to 6 in jellybean, but not in ICS. Our phones do use some old ril blobs!
If the file switch works, I can easily implement a LEGACY_RIL in my build to fix the issue.

Mine would go in and out quickly anywhere and half the time would never come back on if I stayed on WIFI for more than 15 minutes. And I also had a big problem with incoming calls, it would take the caller up to 20 sec before my phone would even ring.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I saw similar behavior. I would reboot the phone to restore connectivity quite often, and that led to abysmal battery life.

Repensum Est Canicula

Promethium97z

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Bobz, I hope all is well and though you are busy, have you tried using the cyanogenmod build instead of your slim build? I'm refering to your github cbfac78 my slim build change. Like take that build, and slim it down from there.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I'll run a build with vsync enabled in my kernel.

Vsync isnt needed for 4.2, I have it disabled on my Galaxy Nexus.

4.2 Uses a LOT of RAM and internal storage, and a lot of the apps use a lot of armv7 code, so a good bit of stuff will need a memory rewrite before a stable build :/

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Vsync isnt needed for 4.2, I have it disabled on my Galaxy Nexus.

4.2 Uses a LOT of RAM and internal storage, and a lot of the apps use a lot of armv7 code, so a good bit of stuff will need a memory rewrite before a stable build :/

I heard they needed vsync on the one x for boot

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's me? Or not.

I have two batteries for my OpV. The one that came with (stock) and an Anker 1600 mAh one designed for the entire Optimus family (CDMA and GSM). I have noticed that my V reboots less on random with my stock and seems to last longer every day than the Anker backup, which has a little more juice and is newer (bought it three weeks ago). The Anker reports less battery runtime to drain and it seems like my V reboots constantly, even when it's sleeping. Everything is fine with the LG stock one on CM9 and CM10, even though it's older....

Something to do with the battery or is it just me?

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Vsync wasn't the issue...if you look at my logcat it seems hwcomposer and genlock is the main issue. My guess is that ARM6 support is gone from android_hardware_qcom_display...Google and CM are not making it easy to support these old devices!

Promethium97z

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Vsync wasn't the issue...if you look at my logcat it seems hwcomposer and genlock is the main issue. My guess is that ARM6 support is gone from android_hardware_qcom_display...Google and CM are not making it easy to support these old devices!

Bobz, similar issue was discussed 6 days ago by p500 developers who had the same issue. They said something about EGL patch. https://github.com/lgics/cm_device_lge_p350/issues/2. It appears that developer Rashed97 fixed it.

Adam Hartman

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
EDIT: I did exactly what I said, without reading the full details of the patch. Clearly, I applied the Sprint patch to my VM phone, Once I re-flashed the ROM (no patch) things work fine. Ignore my embarrassing mistake, please :)

Hey BobZhome,

I just did a clean flash of this great ROM and I like it alot. I did the ROM (BobZhome's CM10 11032012 Build) and the patch (BobZhome's CM10 11032012 LS670). Everything is great but my Home and Menu keys seem to be switched.

I feel like I've seen this issue mentioned here and there for the OV, and it looks like there's even a mention of fixing it in your changelog. Still, they're backwards for me. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks,
Adam

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar