Tasssadar's MultiROM run on the Optimus V?

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey, Found this on XDA and I was wondering if this will work for our phone? This would REALLY benefit me as I like to switch between ROM's quite often.

If this doesnt work, is there anything else like this that runs on the V?

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I think I found a solution I can use. I can just use COT advanced recovery options and basically do the same thing. Thanks anyway everyone :D!

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried it out. It takes a while to set up but once you do it a few times it gets easier and fun. Just make sure the roms have the same kernel.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Encerspay45
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
tasssadar fixed multirom to run on the OV.
I ported an older version of his cwm-based multirom recovery here
there's also an xda thread in optimus v development.
I haven't gotten around to porting the latest greatest recovery which allows installing direct to sd-ext from zip files. I will eventually.
I've never had a single issue using multirom, and have used it since porting the recovery.
<edit> dang, messed up my post count, now it's 667.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
tasssadar fixed multirom to run on the OV.
I ported an older version of his cwm-based multirom recovery here
there's also an xda thread in optimus v development.
I haven't gotten around to porting the latest greatest recovery which allows installing direct to sd-ext from zip files. I will eventually.
I've never had a single issue using multirom, and have used it since porting the recovery.
<edit> dang, messed up my post count, now it's 667.

Oh sweet, I found your post when I googl'ed but I wasn't to sure if that was the lastest version you released.

Also, just to confirm. MultiROM does work on the OV using Tasssadar's?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Every time I try to download the recovery with MultiROM Manger, it fails. It just says Couldn't download package!

tasssadar didn't mod a recovery for the V, so the manager won't download one (it knows the wrong device.)
you'll have to use the one linked above till I've tested the new one enough to expect it won't bork anyone's device.

Reactions: sellers86

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I was testing this, and I have the same rom installed in sd-ext as I do internel memory. So far it only boots from sd-ext witch is fine because the sdcard is faster than the phone. But does anyone have any idea why this is?

carloswii5

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey, Found this on XDA and I was wondering if this will work for our phone? This would REALLY benefit me as I like to switch between ROM's quite often.

If this doesnt work, is there anything else like this that runs on the V?
Yea I actually tried this a while ago and I couldn't get it to work :confused:

Sent from my Melted Ice Cream Sandwich