ADB Help

cpackar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I can't boot into Android, and I flashed a bad recovery. I'm forced to use ADB. I have VM670NH_recovery.img on the root of my sd. I need help flashing said recovery to my phone via ADB. I've searched numerous threads for how to do it, but I don't know how to access fastboot. (Power+Vol-Down doesn't work) and I tried this one script then it said "Waiting for device" I didn't know what to do after that. Please explain to me what I'm doing wrong.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
havent flashed a recovery to the V in some time. and not exactly sure this method will work properly seeing as it needs su and superuser access via the phone. but its all i could find.

Open up a command prompt, we’ll be using adb to flash the recovery.
Connect a micro usb cable from your Optimus V to your computer. Find the Superuser app in your app tray and open it. On your command prompt, Type “adb shell” and then type “su”. Immediately check your Superuser app, it should prompt you to allow access. Select remember and allow the access.
Type “mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system“
Type “cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image“
Type “chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image“
Type “mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /system /system“
Type “flash_image recovery /sdcard/VM670NH_recovery.img“
You can now issue the command “reboot recovery“, but I prefer to power down and manually enter recovery on the first try.
Power down the device. Then press and hold volume down + home + power. You can let go once the LG boot image comes up.

hopefully someone else whos still using the V can chime in and help you out on this as this method may just not work at all.

cpackar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
My recovery was working till I rebooted it, but I wiped everything and rebooted back into recovery and that's when I realized I was f****d. Phone just stays at the LG logo.

cpackar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
havent flashed a recovery to the V in some time. and not exactly sure this method will work properly seeing as it needs su and superuser access via the phone. but its all i could find.

Open up a command prompt, we?ll be using adb to flash the recovery.
Connect a micro usb cable from your Optimus V to your computer. Find the Superuser app in your app tray and open it. On your command prompt, Type ?adb shell? and then type ?su?. Immediately check your Superuser app, it should prompt you to allow access. Select remember and allow the access.
Type ?mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system?
Type ?cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image?
Type ?chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image?
Type ?mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /system /system?
Type ?flash_image recovery /sdcard/VM670NH_recovery.img?
You can now issue the command ?reboot recovery?, but I prefer to power down and manually enter recovery on the first try.
Power down the device. Then press and hold volume down + home + power. You can let go once the LG boot image comes up.

hopefully someone else whos still using the V can chime in and help you out on this as this method may just not work at all.

Failed with error: -1

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
be sure your recovery image is in root of sdcard,connect your phone to usb and try this : open command prompt and get into adb and type the following one line at a time..

adb remount
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mount -o remount,ro /system /system
flash_image recovery /sdcard/VM670NH_recovery.img

this should flash the recovery image for you. reboot phone into recovery mode as usual. should have the working recovery again to reinstall or install any backup you have.

cpackar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing the unbricking guide thing and it's staying at flash burning for the passed 50 minutes. *sigh* I'm losing hope. lol, but I'm going to keep trying. I just wish I got paid sooner so I can get my Galaxy Nexus! F*** VirginMobile!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol