[ROM][GB][WIP] CyanMobile Experience for the OV

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
what do you mean? is this something that can be fixed on my end? cause if it is, ill try to fix it.

I don't mean to nit-pick or anything... the ROM is amazing but the UI just needs some work imo.

Here is a list... if you want, would you like me to help you with the UI?

1. The battery indicator has a different color from the other status icons
  2. The lock screen has some capitalization errors(My grammar/spelling doesnt help my case :p)
  3. The font on the lock screen is a bit too thick
  4. Some of the Icons are a bit too stretched out or need sharpening.

Again, I do not dislike this ROM, or any of your work Sellers. I just have OCD eyes :s Plus I think those Fine Art classes are kicking in >.>

Also I'm thinking this ROM will end up being the solution to our own ICS problem. Having a totally redone Gingerbread with a Fusion of CM9/AOKP might just bring this phone more into modern times. So an amazing system needs an amazing UI, you know? :D

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't mean to nit-pick or anything... the ROM is amazing but the UI just needs some work imo.

Here is a list... if you want, would you like me to help you with the UI?

1. The battery indicator has a different color from the other status icons
  2. The lock screen has some capitalization errors(My grammar/spelling doesnt help my case :p)
  3. The font on the lock screen is a bit too thick
  4. Some of the Icons are a bit too stretched out or need sharpening.

Again, I do not dislike this ROM, or any of your work Sellers. I just have OCD eyes :s Plus I think those Fine Art classes are kicking in >.>

Also I'm thinking this ROM will end up being the solution to our own ICS problem. Having a totally redone Gingerbread with a Fusion of CM9/AOKP might just bring this phone more into modern times. So an amazing system needs an amazing UI, you know? :D

Ah OK I see. Well, there really isn't much I can do about these issues... cyan mobile needs to resize the mdpi images better. And also, their uot theme needs some work. I never noticed that :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Ah OK I see. Well, there really isn't much I can do about these issues... cyan mobile needs to resize the mdpi images better. And also, their uot theme needs some work. I never noticed that :p

Ahhh... well that would explain a lot :p guess I just need to wait.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Dont know how to.

I haven't been paying attention to why you need to decompile a framework but its actually very simple (I'm not trying to be condescending). If you want to do whatever it is people are telling you to do with the framework, the guys at DHoT can certainly help out... unless it's smali edits, which are ridiculously hard.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
They want me to fix up the lock screen font, but I honestly don't have time. It really is minor, and I'm working way to much right now. I would've had this released a week ago if I wouldn't have been working so much. Sorry :/

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Also, about the misspellings, I'm pretty sure that squadzone didn't originally speak English, so I'd say he did a really good job

1saint20

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Cool layout sellers86 but the status bar force closes and disappears. And I cant log into my google account becuase it tells me "You need to have a stable data connection" when I already do. Overall great rom.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Lurkin reported this on one of my test builds, but I never had a problem... its just about impossible for me to fix if I can't reproduce it... not sure what to tell you. Maybe redownload?

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Cool layout sellers86 but the status bar force closes and disappears. And I cant log into my google account becuase it tells me "You need to have a stable data connection" when I already do. Overall great rom.

Didn't you just come out of a brick? Maybe that's why..he is running ZV5. Firmware flashed on phone does make a difference.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was thinking. Are you actively using this cole?

No, I need settings in the SMS app. The split counter and not deleting old messages is imperative to me. I refuse to go back to GoSMS, their software makes me paranoid these days, and there is no other really decent alternative on Play, in my opinion.

Reactions: sellers86

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
No, I need settings in the SMS app. The split counter and not deleting old messages is imperative to me. I refuse to go back to GoSMS, their software makes me paranoid these days, and there is no other really decent alternative on Play, in my opinion.

Hey, Cole, it looks like the image link in your signature is broken (the one that says android moderator)... maybe it's my browser though. Just thought I'd alert you.

Reactions: cole2kb

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I need to look into that. I could replace it with cyanogenmods app for a temp fix until I figure it out. Is everyone cool with that?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't do it on my account.. Most people probably don't care, and I know there are a few different versions, some don't have the options I need. I'm on ICS for the moment and won't be switching again until probably Monday, if I do.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Third party messaging apps have always seemed unnecessary, bloated, sketchy, and a waste of space to me. I prefer stock applications because they usually run the most efficiently and are already integrated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz