[ROM][GB][WIP] CyanMobile Experience for the OV

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm back to having very strange connection issues (the reason I left this rom so long ago, lol)
Hard to explain but if I'm on wifi surfing the web for a while then switch to 3g, it will not connect.
..it says 3g in blue on my status bar but will not connect to any site, toggle back to wifi and it works fine.
The same will occur if I start in 3g after a reboot, I can surf the web on 3g no problem, but when I switch to wifi I get no connection!

Idk what to think, this is the only rom I have had this strange issue with.
Wish I could deal with it but rebooting everytime I walk in or out of a wifi area is killing my battery

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm back to having very strange connection issues (the reason I left this rom so long ago, lol)
Hard to explain but if I'm on wifi surfing the web for a while then switch to 3g, it will not connect.
..it says 3g in blue on my status bar but will not connect to any site, toggle back to wifi and it works fine.
The same will occur if I start in 3g after a reboot, I can surf the web on 3g no problem, but when I switch to wifi I get no connection!

Idk what to think, this is the only rom I have had this strange issue with.
Wish I could deal with it but rebooting everytime I walk in or out of a wifi area is killing my battery

A logcat would be very helpful. I can't recreate, I no longer have service.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry man ive already restored to a previous nandroid, if ive got time this weekend ill try again, thanks for your work i really do like this rom

bokoxthexchocobo

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha, just tried your update to Cyanmobile, Sellers86. The bootscreen is pretty awesome. I love the theme you left in the options, the ICS one. You have added bandwidth info when you pull down the statusbar! Amazing, I love that! Overall its a good improvement from the last time I tried out Cyanmobile. Very smooth. If everything else works great, a keeper for sure.

P.S.

The lockscreen is great! Oh btw the launcher pro is better than Adw.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Haha, just tried your update to Cyanmobile, Sellers86. The bootscreen is pretty awesome. I love the theme you left in the options, the ICS one. You have added bandwidth info when you pull down the statusbar! Amazing, I love that! Overall its a good improvement from the last time I tried out Cyanmobile. Very smooth. If everything else works great, a keeper for sure.

P.S.

The lockscreen is great! Oh btw the launcher pro is better than Adw.

All the features added were by the cyabmobile team lol. Launcher pro was a leftover prebuilt from bobzhomes device files IIRC. Thanks for the feedback!

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have trouble on WiFi don't know why but I don't care the 3g has been working really fast recently. Overall great great update, love the lockscreens, the status bar pull down, animations. This is a awesome Rom, has good battery life for me too

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That isn't the launcher, that is a cyanmobile feature. I personally don't like what they have done to them either :p

Hey sellers I've been thinking of getting a HTC One V and I've noticed you've done some work on One V as well. Ever think you'll port CyanMobile to the One V? I think that'd be sick!!!

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey sellers I've been thinking of getting a HTC One V and I've noticed you've done some work on One V as well. Ever think you'll port CyanMobile to the One V? I think that'd be sick!!!

Id need to downgrade from ics to gb and that would be extremely difficult. I don't have the time for it right now. But that might be a summer project

GirlPanic

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I was having issues with random reboots and delayed texts. I wanted to flash a new ROM, and this one did the trick as far as the reboots go. Alas, I can't view my contacts, just force closes. My camera doesn't work at all, either. I see where you've updated this ROM to fix the sd-ext issue, so I might reflash, but will this update also help the issues with my contacts and the camera? It's quite an attractive ROM, smooth as well, so I thank you for your work!

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I was having issues with random reboots and delayed texts. I wanted to flash a new ROM, and this one did the trick as far as the reboots go. Alas, I can't view my contacts, just force closes. My camera doesn't work at all, either. I see where you've updated this ROM to fix the sd-ext issue, so I might reflash, but will this update also help the issues with my contacts and the camera? It's quite an attractive ROM, smooth as well, so I thank you for your work!

Those were never issues in the first place, to me that's sounds like your OC was wayyyy to high. Just try it and find out.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

If it was me and those key things are important and a "must work" item, then I would absolutely go to another ROM and not a [ROM][WIP]. Indeed, that's why it is specified as such, a [WIP].
Hope it works out for you;)
Hmmm a female flasher....don't get too many of those around here! that's HOT :)))))

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
If it was me and those key things are important and a "must work" item, then I would absolutely go to another ROM and not a [ROM][WIP]. Indeed, that's why it is specified as such, a [WIP].
Hope it works out for you;)
Hmmm a female flasher....don't get too many of those around here! that's HOT :)))))

Not much of a wip anymore, just need to confirm whether the sdext issues are still there. And again, its not my source, and I'm not going to modify in ways that make it not cyanmobile. Squadzone is the one who implemented the keys, and he os the one changing them to what they are. Take it up with him if you don't like them :)

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Not much of a wip anymore, just need to confirm whether the sdext issues are still there. And again, its not my source, and I'm not going to modify in ways that make it not cyanmobile. Squadzone is the one who implemented the keys, and he os the one changing them to what they are. Take it up with him if you don't like them :)

Hey don't get it twisted ...no disrespect to you or anyone involved in this ....just trying to give advice or recommendation to GirlPanic
all good ;)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Well love some of the new changes in this build, though I still can't seem to get ext+wifi+SwiftKey working at the same time though. I'll have to try again and hook up to my PC to get a logcat to try and see what's happening

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Well love some of the new changes in this build, though I still can't seem to get ext+wifi+SwiftKey working at the same time though. I'll have to try again and hook up to my PC to get a logcat to try and see what's happening

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

That would help a lot. I think the issue lies in the script but I'm not for sure

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670