[ROM][GB][WIP] CyanMobile Experience for the OV

GirlPanic

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Aw, man! I can't boot into recovery now. I have the VM 670NH recovery and all was well until now. I just get the silver LG screen. I'm not good with commands in SU, so what recovery should I use?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Aw, man! I can't boot into recovery now. I have the VM 670NH recovery and all was well until now. I just get the silver LG screen. I'm not good with commands in SU, so what recovery should I use?

Not sure what happened.... This rom hasen't had a booting problem since it was released. Also if your using the vm670nh recovery you shouldn't have to switch (I do prefer cot recovery though). What were you doing when you lost your ability to boot to recovery? And does booting to rom work? When you say you can't boot to recovery I assume you mean via the 3 button combo from powered down.

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

GirlPanic

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I was about to flash the update for this ROM. I'm able to just reboot the phone itself, no problem, but it just gets stuck on the LG screen as far as recovery mode. I tried recovery through the menu and from the powered down state, but no go. I don't know why, but I also have a thunderc.img recovery on my phone. Must be from when I initially prepped to flash Green Machine last year or something. I just want my recovery mode back!

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I was about to flash the update for this ROM. I'm able to just reboot the phone itself, no problem, but it just gets stuck on the LG screen as far as recovery mode. I tried recovery through the menu and from the powered down state, but no go. I don't know why, but I also have a thunderc.img recovery on my phone. Must be from when I initially prepped to flash Green Machine last year or something. I just want my recovery mode back!

Go here and start at step 4

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=108282
[HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
+1 your recovery got borked somehow you need to download and install a new one

Last edited:

GirlPanic

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Flashed the recovery image again, didn't work. :(

Update: Okay, flashed one more time, and I'm good. Crazy thing is, I didn't do anything different, but obviously I did! Thanks so much, guys, for your help. Sellers, love the lock screen! Just as with the first flash, so far, no reboots, which is really what I was looking for. Runs so nicely. I know you're busy, but I look forward to your next project for Optimus V, if there is one. Great job!

Last edited:

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I love this ROM but I still can't answer incoming calls?? Don't get a slide screen to answer. Bad flash or is anybody else having the issue too? Will try to re-flash maybe tomorrow

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I love this ROM but I still can't answer incoming calls?? Don't get a slide screen to answer. Bad flash or is anybody else having the issue too? Will try to re-flash maybe tomorrow

Hmm I don't get many calls but I don't remember that being an issue.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody else have a weird menu where there are only a couple choices?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

?? No, I'm going to guess you're on the settings menu. The top bar scrolls left and right for all the other choices. It's a unique feature of cyanmobile

netspeedz

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have flashed the CyanMobile for the LG Optimus V and would like know if it is it possible to disable the 'soft keys' (menu icon, home icon, search icon, etc) that are displayed below the dock icons? Any assistance would be appreciated.