[ROM][GB][WIP] CyanMobile Experience for the OV

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
As in official builds of cyanmobile?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

Pretty much. It'll still be me building, but ill have push access to CyanMobiles github and they will help with fixes.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Android Central Forums

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
No updates from me for a while. Computer crashed again, I'm backing everything up right now but I won't be able to reinstall til this weekend. Blame windows, even though its on a completely different hard drive.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
No updates from me for a while. Computer crashed again, I'm backing everything up right now but I won't be able to reinstall til this weekend. Blame windows, even though its on a completely different hard drive.

Ahh Bummer... This is why I run Linux as my main os with a Windows vbox if I need it

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running SlimRom CM-10.0 on LS670ZVJ firmware

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Ahh Bummer... This is why I run Linux as my main os with a Windows vbox if I need it

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running SlimRom CM-10.0 on LS670ZVJ firmware

Linux is my main OS. I have a seperate HDD for windows lol. I was getting ready to install windows on that hard drive and I bumped the power cable out of the socket. Needless to say all my packages (including synaptic) are corrupt. 250GB scanned for backup and its still going.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
What distro are you running? I'm running Elementary 64bit bata-0.2 release right now, it has a boot time of 34 seconds my cheap system, which is half of Windows.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I've ran some distro's that took longer to boot and used more resources then Windows, but still the install was smaller.

All in doing is backing up my home folder, corrupted packages render the install useless. Oh well. I prefer Debian anyways, Ubuntu is boring

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Try FreeBSD

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

+1

have a seperate partition for /home. Saves a lot of time when reinstalling.

Or, if using Linux, use btrfs in raid1 or raid10 and use subvolumes for / and /home. That way you have redundancy and semi-isolated partition-like areas. Makes backups as easy as making a new snapshot. I have yet to mess with zfs on freebsd, but it has some similar features. My bsd box is just my firewall/router. Barely ever touch it.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
+1

have a seperate partition for /home. Saves a lot of time when reinstalling.

Or, if using Linux, use btrfs in raid1 or raid10 and use subvolumes for / and /home. That way you have redundancy and semi-isolated partition-like areas. Makes backups as easy as making a new snapshot. I have yet to mess with zfs on freebsd, but it has some similar features. My bsd box is just my firewall/router. Barely ever touch it.

Now that i have windows on a desperate HDD there is no need for reinstall. I have iceweasal, xchat, file manager (and text editors), and terminal. Its the optional stuff that blew up.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Found some time, new build coming soon. Check the new tiles ;)

e8e7y2y4.jpg

6yqadude.jpg

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2