How do I get HD videos on ICS rom?

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Why have you posted 2 topics asking the same question? And the answer to your question is no. ICS does not yet support HW Acceleration which is needed for HD Video and Netflix. That's no reason to "trash" the ROM though. HD videos wouldn't do much on this phone anyway; the screen isn't HD. If it were me, I'd ignore the low quality videos (mine aren't even that low quality on the stock app) on ICS and love everything else on this awesome ROM, and thank TDM and BobZ for all the work they've done to even get us this far.

Tapatalk? from my Optimus V

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

It seems thekraven just might have a fix for this!
Yay!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Running cold as ice right meow partner and it seems the videos are smoother for sure but it seems not yet as high of quality as ginger bread yet. Could be just me though. Using latest release as of yet.

come to the dark side

Dbzavatar

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Well i have found a solution to your problem. Use Cold As Ice sprint rom:http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...sprint-ls670-10-13-zvd-basesband-alpha18.html
this is the only ics rom that has fixed the youtube hq problem and hw acceleration overall. So hq videos should play as smooth as it does on gb. Btw, our phones cant really support actual HD videos, so it wont do you any good for 720p or 1080p videos but it should work the same as it does on gb. And for that reason, plus the speed of the rom, is why i'll NEVER go back to GB :)