Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rupp2780
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG Optimus V "Download is in progress" screen

First let me give you a little bit of back story,
    I recieved this phone yesterday, and then tried to factory reset it because I didn't know it was rooted. It was then stuck with a boot-loop.

Now I've spent the last 7 or so hours working on trying to fix it. I tried many different methods and eventually got it to boot with cannibal, which fixed the boot loop. I then attempted to change it to a Froyo-based ROM so I could activate it for use, which apparently I did incorrectly and it became bricked again. Then I proceeded to try the method described here:[GUIDE] Unbrick/Upgrade Optimus V [EASY] [KDZ]
    It then lost connection somehow, and It's been stuck on the "Download is in progress. Do not disconnect cable." screen, and no button combination or amount of time without power will make it boot to anything else. I also tried to use ADB to fix it with no luck, it refuses to connect to my computer even with the proper drivers.

That being said, anyone have any ideas how to un-stick it and change it back to just stock?

I'm thinking it can be fixed and the ahole that sold it to you ought to refund your money if they didn't say it was rooted and flashed

Does the screen even turn on after you pull batt and try and goto recovery?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: LG Optimus V "Download is in progress" screen

Well, it was free. My brother got a new one and gave me it since he didn't need it anymore. But neglected to tell me it was rooted. And yes it turns on, but not to anything other than the "Download is in progress" screen.

Is that when you try holding volume, home and power
    There is an emergency mode as well, I don't remember exactly but I think its take out battery, hold camera and back while plugging in usb
    I would like to try and help you but I am not going to be around until tomorrow

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well I'll be around tomorrow also, so if noone else helps me fix it between now and then, I'll still be here. Also, I tried that and nothing changed.
    Last edited by rupp2780; 09-05-2012 at 09:05 PM.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by rupp2780 View Post
    Well I'll be around tomorrow also, so if noone else helps me fix it between now and then, I'll still be here. Also, I tried that and nothing changed.
    Emergency mode is volume down-back-plug in usb.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Kool-Blue_2.3.3_V2.3 on LS670ZVJ Baseband
    Thanked by 2:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Emergency mode is volume down-back-plug in usb.

well, that changed it to emergency mode now. Not quite sure what to do from here though.

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

well, that changed it to emergency mode now. Not quite sure what to do from here though.
    Re do that guide from there, but make sure it doesn't disconnect

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Guess whos coming back!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Now it just keeps playing the android screen... I just can't win here.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

okay, I got into system recovery. Now can anyone point me to a ROM I can activate with?

ROM
    Mirage

LeslieAnn's Rhode is likely what you're looking for: [ROM] Rhode Utility (Froyo activation/troubleshooting) 12June12
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ok thank you, but I'm not quite sure what to do from system recovery. I'm sorry to ask for this but I'm rather clueless.

ROM
    Changes Daily

ok thank you, but I'm not quite sure what to do from system recovery. I'm sorry to ask for this but I'm rather clueless.
    Ok if you managed to get through the guide your in stock recovery hit factory reset and reboot and you should be back on stock unrooted

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Ok if you managed to get through the guide your in stock recovery hit factory reset and reboot and you should be back on stock unrooted

Thank you sir! I got it!
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.