Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Default Re: [ROM 10-3-12]GingerDX JB UI on CM7+Sense2/3 lockscreen

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    Currently, flash this after the rom, or when you need root.

http://db.tt/HeuRYLdl

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    That link is broken. Any chance you could put it back in your drop box? I saw the link on the previous page, but I don't know which of those 50 superuser files to download.

Edit: Nevermind, I tried the one called Superuser-3.2-arm-signed.zip and it worked fine.

So I ended up using the A2SD++ script. I flashed it but kept getting forced closed errors. I don't mind flashing this ROM again, but should I added the A2SD++ script to the init.d folder or just flash the zip after I reinstall the ROM?

Quote Originally Posted by MaRz0o View Post
    So I ended up using the A2SD++ script. I flashed it but kept getting forced closed errors. I don't mind flashing this ROM again, but should I added the A2SD++ script to the init.d folder or just flash the zip after I reinstall the ROM?
    When I flash one of these,
    I will flash new rom (after a full wipe)
    Then flash your mod of choice
    then I reboot
    Then go back to recovery
    Then flash gapps
    Then reboot
    sign in
    Reboot
    Install all other apps / settings
    reboot

Don't know if its correct but it seems logical to me and generally works well

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by MaRz0o View Post
    I used the same script. I deleted the 10a2sd from the init.d folder in the ROMs .zip, and replaced it with the 40a2sd script. I wiped system, cache, and dalvik, then flashed the modified rom. I don't know if the system wipe was necessary, but what the hell. You could also use a root explorer type app to delete the old script and copy the new one in and change it's permissions. Then you would just need to wipe dalvik, I think. When you flash the a2sd++ zip, it doesn't delete the old script. That may be why you ran into problems.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Cold as Ice

I also noticed (after I went through all of that) that there is a tab under Performance Options that controls the A2SD settings. Maybe if I had tweaked around with those settings then I wouldn't have had to switch scripts. Oh well...

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Someone please help,
    can I run Link2SD on this ROM or not?

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    Someone please help,
    can I run Link2SD on this ROM or not?
    I doubt it. With A2SD scripts you don't need it, and using it might cause problems. The script will handle moving apps to your ext partition. Go into cm settings, performance, a2sd (ext) settings, and try changing the mode to a2sd. If you still want to try Link2SD, make a nandroid backup first, give it a try, and let us know what happens.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #83  

Yes. If Gsnap supports it, then this should if I'm not mistaken. I use the same porting process Ive been doing since it fully works.

I don't use all the EXT stuff because I don't download to much. Always 40-120MBs used only. :/

@TGL, I'm trying to figure out why the tapatalk notification screen gets chopped down. Look where it's supposed to show me how many messages I have, its cut in half. Any ideas?

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #85  

ICS theme. It has bugs.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  

Sorry im late. Heres the root fix for whoever wanted it.

http://db.tt/HeuRYLdl

Ill be gone for a couple of days though. Got MIUI booted, ill work when i return

Thanked by:

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

I have trouble losing root when I flash my tweaks, I found the official superuser zip and it works for me
    http://db.tt/Xfh22GLH
    I just flash it in recovery and I get superuser back

Great rom. One of my favs. Thanks.

Fantastic rom, I'm absolutely going to be using this as my daily from now on. Really smooth, and the battery life has been great over the last few days I've used it.

My only request is that I love using a transparent statusbar, but is there any way to make it go opaque when in apps or when the notification menu is pulled down? I recall a mod floating around a while ago that added a secondary statusbar to accomplish this, but I don't believe it works anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaruddd View Post
    Fantastic rom, I'm absolutely going to be using this as my daily from now on. Really smooth, and the battery life has been great over the last few days I've used it.

My only request is that I love using a transparent statusbar, but is there any way to make it go opaque when in apps or when the notification menu is pulled down? I recall a mod floating around a while ago that added a secondary statusbar to accomplish this, but I don't believe it works anymore.
    There is a status bar transparency option in the settings > cyanogen > gingerdx > other. I haven't used it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky_1 View Post
    There is a status bar transparency option in the settings > cyanogen > gingerdx > other. I haven't used it though.
    Yeah, I've noticed, but the issue then is that, when enabling that, the notification pulldown ends up with a hole at the top where it remains transparent. Also, in most apps, if you have your statusbar mostly transparent, the background will be white, making it impossible to read the time or see any of the icons.

Anyone else's camcorder not working? It freezes.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

Yeah. It's a bug I listed. I'll release a build soon replacing stuff hoping it becomes better.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    Yeah. It's a bug I listed. I'll release a build soon replacing stuff hoping it becomes better.

Thx its killing me, in your opinion, what's the best gb ROM with everything working

Edited.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky_1 View Post

That's nice to ask a dude that spends hours building for us, for free.. "Hey man your rom sucks which one works better."

Its simple, look at a ROM thread OP for bug lists, and review comments. Or look at the other 10 most recent "best rom " threads.
    No, lol, my bad I did not mean in any way the TGL isn't amazing, my apologies bro.

Ohh, you must have worded in the wrong way. I edited my previous post. I was as a little short.
    Thanked by 2:

I'm getting Package File Invalid on everything I update or download from play store. Help.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #99  

I'm kinda off the whole online thing. Plan on changing that in December.

Also, I don't build. I plan to learn in December, or 2013 :P

Next, I don't know much about stuff like that. Never ran into problems like that. Sorry.

Say I want to add an app to the ROM. Before I flash it, can I put the apk in the /system/app folder?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast